MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 06-16-2005   #1
xluciusx

Send a message via ICQ to xluciusx Send a message via AIM to xluciusx Send a message via MSN to xluciusx Send a message via Yahoo to xluciusx
Car is dead

I need some help. My car wont start. I was coming home from work and stopped at a gas station, when I got in the car to leave it wouldn't start. The lights, windows, dash lights all work so it doesn't seem like the battery or alternator. When I turn the key it makes a single click noise and nothing else. I have had some problems recently where my car would randomly turn off while I was driving but it has only happened a few times.

I'm going to check the fuzes right now...
xluciusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #2
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard
Re: Car is dead

Its possible that you have a short somewhere. If its a stick try and push start it because your starter may have a dead spot in it as well. I doubt its the starter since you say it has randomly died before. Definetly sounds electrical which can be a real pain in the ass to diagnose.

CRAIG
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #3
xluciusx

Send a message via ICQ to xluciusx Send a message via AIM to xluciusx Send a message via MSN to xluciusx Send a message via Yahoo to xluciusx

I just got back from checking fuses and just visually inspecting the wiring. Didn't notice anything obviously disconnected or frayed wires, not that that means a lot. I was really hoping I had just blown a fuse

I wanted to try and push start it but I don't have anyone around to help me maybe I'll try that one tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2005   #4
unreal808
Mr. Me Too

Drives: Suzuki GSXR

When you try to start the car and it clicks one time, do you lose power on everything for a short time like 2 seconds?
When you try to start the car you will lose some power but not everything. Like the signal lights should not go out with the key turned to the start position or the dash lights like the SES or the oil light should stay on untill the car starts.
If you only loose power for a short time you could have a bad ground, try running a wire from the negative post to the engine block, and crank over the eng if it turns over you have a bad ground.
Old 06-18-2005   #5
xluciusx

Car is fixed, starter was dead. Thnx for the help everyone.
Old 07-03-2005   #6
KcGsXrated

Drives: 93 Talon Tsi
Send a message via AIM to KcGsXrated

haha, nice.
KcGsXrated is offline   Reply With Quote