MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 08-13-2005   #1
AZT

90 Laser Turbo has starting / idle problems.

Well For the past few days the Laser has become harder to start. Today when i got up and left for work, it took about 3 or 4 trys to start. I get in, turn key to acc, push in clutch, and try to start. and nothing, its like its trying but not getting fuel or something at the start. I drove it to work and parked it all day. I came back out, and it was even harder to start. It used to start right away and then just die. you would have to keep the key turned to start and gas it a lot to get it to turn over, and then if you didnt continue to gas it, it would die. after you finally get it to run it does fine. Its given me trouble on and off at stops as well, it will bog down and sometimes die unless i gas it. also, sometimes when I shift into first and go, the car will hesitate, A lot. then, all of a sudden, the boost will come in full blast and the car will take off. I havnt been able to get a code from the engine but after about 2 minuted of it running the ECl comes on. I ran sea foam through the gas thinking it was clogged injectors or something with fuel but its not helping a lot. Anyone able to help me out?

Last edited by AZT; 08-13-2005 at 06:45 PM..
AZT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005   #2
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard
Re: 90 Laser Turbo has starting / idle problems.

02 sensor going to shit maybe? ECU caps are on their way out? Fuel pump is on its way out? Injectors? ISC?
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #3
AZT

Re: 90 Laser Turbo has starting / idle problems.

I think I may also have a boost leak. when I really get on it, at the point where boost should kick in, all I get is a hi rev, no actual boost. However, I am sure I am still getting boost because the boost will spool and the BOV will sound at each shift. Im just not getting any of the boost. It kinda feels like driving a N/A. Can someone link me to a place where I can get a pocket logger for our 1G cars?

Last edited by AZT; 08-14-2005 at 10:39 AM..
AZT is offline   Reply With Quote