MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 03-18-2005   #21
95tsi

Drives: a pos
Re: FMIC install.

Or just cut the elbow off so its left pointing straight down, then run the piping straight up. Thats all I did with mine... not to say its the proper way, but it makes the most sence to me.

also thats from RRE on hooking up a fmic. probably not the same as what your looking to do, but you can at least picture it and get an idea whats going on better.

http://roadraceengineering.com/instr...nstallpics.htm

Last edited by 95tsi; 03-18-2005 at 11:38 AM..
95tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #22
dsm95gsxer

I watched/helped my roomate with his adfx 2g short route intercooler kit. He did a really clean job and it looks really good. He had to modify his radiator support to let the short route piping through and he did a lot of sanding of the bumper cover the pipes fit into the bumper cover flawlessly. Hes 9guy9 on here if you want to see it pm him.
dsm95gsxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #23
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

whats the difference between the short route and the long route, i figured that the long route would be prolly the same route the stock ic piping, but where does the short route go?
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #24
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

Mine goes from the turbo towards the drivers side and does a 180 into the intercooler, then from the intercooler it go between the radiator and headlight 1G style right up to the throttle body. Greddy's FMIC kits are an example of long route piping, it all runs to the stock intercooler location, the cold side of the piping actually runs infront of their intercooler along the very top.
Old 03-18-2005   #25
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Tom, I put some pic's up in the member offered services area of a 2g with Ebay core that I did the IC piping on. Check it out. I can send them to you full size too if you want. That should give you a good idea of what the piping should look like. You just won't have the MAFT in there like him.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #26
tpunx99GSX

Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

From the t28 that has to be a pretty quick 180 there right being that it has that angle towards the passenger side and will have a pipe coming from the drivers to connect to the outlet of the turbo?
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
Old 03-18-2005   #27
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Yours should end up just like the one in my thread except that the pipe coming off the turbo will have roughly a 180* turn instead of a 90* turn like the bigger turbo pictured. They call it a J pipe because it looks like a J on its side with the long side down. I did a J pipe on the one 2g install I did, but I didn't take any pic's of it.

Old 03-18-2005   #28
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

T25/T28s are not like 14B/16G, you don't use a J-pipe. T25/T28s have a 90 degree bend built into them right as they leave the diffuser. You could cut it off, and have it rewelded on turned 180 degrees in the opposite direction. Then it would be all ready to send the air to the drivers side.
Old 03-18-2005   #29
JET
Is funding Exxon.

I forgot about that, my bad. Shane is right, just have it cut off and rewelded on.

Old 03-18-2005   #30
tpunx99GSX

Of course the proper preps should be taken i would think (i.e plug the hole first before cutting because of metal shavings)
Does the turbo have to be off the car for this? or could it remain on the car?
Old 03-19-2005   #31
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard

I had mine off to get it done. You could maybe get by with cutting it off on the car but rewelding the extension pointing down would be really hard with it on the car. Raptor welded a 4 to 5 inch extension on it for me that turned out pretty good.

CRAIG
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #32
95tsi

Drives: a pos

On my T-28 I simply cut off the bend and just left it off. I didn't see a purpose to have it welded back on. Just run the new piping accordingly.
95tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #33
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard

But on some the pipe won't be long enough to get a coupler on it after you cut if off. I was worried about mine coming off so I just had Mike weld a aluminum extension on it and it turned out good.

CRAIG
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #34
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite

exactly how Shane described the Short Route that's how I was trying to descibe it. I wasn't talking about a J pipe. Cause isn't that what you use for 14B's and such? I swear Tom has a 50 trim on his car now or at least I thought I heard that.

Anyways. I Shanes way is the way to run the I/C piping for that intercooler.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #35
tpunx99GSX

I wish i had a 50 trim. Nah its just a T28.