MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 10-08-2005   #21
Onefast99gsx

Re: Question about A/F ratios

Thanks for clearing that up. Just after my previous post, i called a guy up that works for the place i got it from. The stuff i have is virgin methanol. It's very cold to the touch and evaporates very fast. It burns your eyes if you're near a car running it. I feel stupid for not even knowing what i was running. They mix a little oil with their methanol. I should too probably to keep things from drying out. I know i really need a wideband. I was just hoping to run the best i could for what season is left on what i have currently. I was gonna goto fun day to at the Rock but i was just too tired from the long hour'd week of work. I don't wanna lay the cash down on a wideband till spring.

Anyone know how much race gas is going for at the Rock currently? Was it 5 or $6/gallon ?
Onefast99gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005   #22
Onefast99gsx

Re: Question about A/F ratios

Well i did a few things since my last post. First i hooked up a pressure gauge to see how much my pressure my injection system was putting out. The Shurflo was kicking on when it reached 32psi and shutting off at about 60psi. I didn't think that was nearly high enough as it should be. I turned the allen screw in so now it starts at about 65 and shuts off around 90psi. Instead of using 100% methanol. I'm using about a 60-40% mix. Without the wideband it was just too much of a guess running 100% meth.

I also changed when my inj pump starts. It was at 45mph and is now 35mph. Many people have them kick on at a certain boost but i wasn't happy with that so i changed it. I didn't like my inj pump kicking on too soon especially immediately at the launch. So now it's, 35mph, over 4k rpms and over 60% throttle. All those have to be met before it kicks on. I use the nitrous controls in dsmlink to do so.

I also put half a tank of gas in at a station i've never been to. I don't think it was the gas though because all stations no matter if Mobil, Holiday or BP, etc. get their fuel from the same depot around here anyways.

Anyway, I'm at 21.5psi and was only getting spotty accounts of .4* of knock. Probably the best its run YET! Timing and fuel sliders at zero. I think i'm at the point now where it will have to have a wideband to take things even further. It was a good night. I have no idea which of those changes did anything possibly a combination of all.

Bottom Line: She felt pretty dam good.
Onefast99gsx is offline   Reply With Quote