MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 08-10-2006   #41
x-pride

Drives: She is 22, black, slow and does not play fair.
Re: Hobbies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kracka
I also have an obsession with cleaning my car, I do it at least once a day whether its shaking out/vacuuming the floor mats, dusting the car, using quick detailer, etc.
You make me sick. By the way you need a woman in your life.
As for hobbies:
Cars
Motorcycles (want to build a gsxr750, 1000 or 1300 streetfighter)
Fishing
Fish keeping
Test Drive new cars
Lately Slacking and it feels great.
x-pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #42
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-pride
You make me sick. By the way you need a woman in your life.
Haha, I have one, thanks for being concerned though Its called "pride in ownership" and respecting and valuing what I own and put the money I work hard for towards. My car is a '02 with ~32k miles on it and the car still looks like it just rolled off the assembly line (possibly better actually, I put a brand new '06 to shame b/c I outshined/reflected him). I know a lot of you DSMers won't understand this, but its just another aspect of being a car enthusiast. Some people only care about going fast, some only care about having a good looking car, and some care about both. Not to mention, doing small touch-ups on a daily basis takes less time combined than giving the car a full cleaning.

I know at least Curt and Peter can relate!

Last edited by Kracka; 08-10-2006 at 04:40 PM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #43
Black97civic
35mpg

Become the 16-Bit Wizard Champion!
Send a message via AIM to Black97civic

Quote:
I know a lot of you DSMers won't understand this, but its just another aspect of being a car enthusiast.
That's what I was thinking. It's a little different when it isn't a 15 year old car that runs 12's with oxidized paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1ngletracker
where are you taking a class?
St Cloud State University. They teach Mig, Tig, Oxy-acetalene welding, as well as how to use mills lathes and that kind of stuff. It's part of my major luckily, so I get credits for it toward graduation, and get to have some fun.

Last edited by Black97civic; 08-10-2006 at 04:55 PM..
Black97civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #44
x-pride

Quote:
Haha, I have one, thanks for being concerned though Its called "pride in ownership" and respecting and valuing what I own and put the money I work hard for towards. My car is a '02 with ~32k miles on it and the car still looks like it just rolled off the assembly line (possibly better actually, I put a brand new '06 to shame b/c I outshined/reflected him). I know a lot of you DSMers won't understand this, but its just another aspect of being a car enthusiast. Some people only care about going fast, some only care about having a good looking car, and some care about both. Not to mention, doing small touch-ups on a daily basis takes less time combined than giving the car a full cleaning.

I know at least Curt and Peter can relate!
I know what you mean. I use to take really good care of my cars too until I found out that no matter what I did rust will get it at the end. I use to wake up before the sunrise. Wash my car and wax it before the sun came up so I would not get water stains. I use to wash my engine every weekend. No, matter what I still keep pride in popping the hood of my rust up car and show people what and engine bay is suppose to look like. Well that is after they laugh at me and say why do you spend so much money and time on that POS. Dam ricers, don't they know that a DSM will not only beat their best time at the track, but also them on jack stand time also.
Old 08-10-2006   #45
DoughtCom
It's deluxe son... deluxe

Drives: Your mom
Send a message via AIM to DoughtCom

I'm into computers/case mods/overclocking.
I program on my spare time, been working on a carputer and a custom website for about a year now.
I also like team based PC games (like Battlefield 2) and play in CAL.
DoughtCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #46
Thor06
11 Seconds to Freedom

Send a message via AIM to Thor06

Besides the time and money pit DSM, I like to contemplate blowing it up . Just joking. I like music, I am in a alternative/punk band and I am starting a rap project. Lately I have gotten into being lazy and I must say its amazing. I have never been able to do this kinda stuff. On occasion I like to play GTA San Andreas, watch movies and amazing/cop videos, learn about DSM's through forums, and plan out my course of action for my DSM.
Old 08-10-2006   #47
94talonawd

Send a message via MSN to 94talonawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor06
Besides the time and money pit DSM, I like to contemplate blowing it up . Just joking. I like music, I am in a alternative/punk band and I am starting a rap project. Lately I have gotten into being lazy and I must say its amazing. I have never been able to do this kinda stuff. On occasion I like to play GTA San Andreas, watch movies and amazing/cop videos, learn about DSM's through forums, and plan out my course of action for my DSM.
Hey what band are you in?
SAFC-II
---------------
99 Civic D16 - EVO3 16G - Hondata S300 - Xenocron 4bar@21PSI - RC750cc's - Eagles/Vitara - Compcams
12.3@114, 1.81 60ft

-On it's way to 11's....
94talonawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #48
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94talonawd
Hey what band are you in?
OOH, OOH, OOH, pick me, pick me.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #49
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
I know what you mean. I use to take really good care of my cars too until I found out that no matter what I did rust will get it at the end.
Rust will only get your car if you drive it in the winter It will take ALOT longer for rust to start up if you only drive it in the summer- thats what winter beaters are for.

I also have this obsession Chris has for cleaning cars, my old 1G with 10 year old paint shined like no other, just takes alot of work to keep it that way. The beamer did not shine well when I bought it, but I brought it back with paint cleaners, rubbing compounds, and alot of buffing!
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006   #50
94talonawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ViciousGSX
OOH, OOH, OOH, pick me, pick me.
ohhhkay...

what band are you in?

if thats what u were wanting me to do? lol
SAFC-II
---------------
99 Civic D16 - EVO3 16G - Hondata S300 - Xenocron 4bar@21PSI - RC750cc's - Eagles/Vitara - Compcams
12.3@114, 1.81 60ft

-On it's way to 11's....
Old 08-10-2006   #51
94talonawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by M/// Guy
Rust will only get your car if you drive it in the winter It will take ALOT longer for rust to start up if you only drive it in the summer- thats what winter beaters are for.

I also have this obsession Chris has for cleaning cars, my old 1G with 10 year old paint shined like no other, just takes alot of work to keep it that way. The beamer did not shine well when I bought it, but I brought it back with paint cleaners, rubbing compounds, and alot of buffing!
It's funny how my brothers 92 3/s is in better shape than my 94 talon.

i bet if they added 10G for msrp to the 1g. mines would be in mint condition!
SAFC-II
---------------
12.3@114, 1.81 60ft

-On it's way to 11's....
Old 08-11-2006   #52
x-pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by M/// Guy

True but I had one of those detach garages and there is alot of condensation. Maybe some day I will pick up another summer car but as for right now I love motorcycles. You can just jump on them and ride them like you want. The best part is they don't complain when your done. It getting late and my mind is in the gutter.
Old 08-11-2006   #53
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
The best part is they don't complain when your done.
Neither do non-DSM's Actually, my Talon always ran better after a nice hard boost session; smoother idle, more responsive, etc.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #54
Thor06
11 Seconds to Freedom

Send a message via AIM to Thor06

My band is called Common Error... we were formerly known as DAZED. We are by no means famous, basically the friends of the band members are the only ones that know about us. I dont know, I really like our music but none of the emo punks around here do. No real chance to get known around here when all of the local shows are full of hawthorne heights and AFI wannabes when we are sorta a mix between the All American Rejects, Blink 182, System of a Down, and Howie Day.