MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 12-17-2005   #1
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
2G FMIC Fitment

Now, I know a 24"x12"x3" intercooler will fit nicely on a 2G, but what about the same dimensions except 4" thick? I can't find any info where someone has used a 4" thick intercooler. Granted, more will have to be shaved off the bumper cover but is there anything else to be worried about?

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #2
scheides
flips McGee

Re: 2G FMIC Fitment

My core is 3.5" thick. A 4" thick one should fit; like you said you will have to shave off more of the bumper cover. I shaved about 1" thick strip around where my fmic goes, so you'll prolly have to just do a bit more, depending on the mount. I can take some pics of the inside of the bumper cover fitment on mine, or you could just check it out sometime. At 12" tall, you'll have to mount it pretty high to keep it from hanging below the bumper cover. Should fit, though!

There are some pics of my install here, although I took it off and re-mounted it a bit higher about a week later. For reference, my core is 24x11x3.5.

Last edited by scheides; 12-17-2005 at 08:49 PM..
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #3
PSI2HI

Send a message via AIM to PSI2HI

12" tall on a 2G will for just fine, we use Garrett 24x12x3.5 cores all the time. You'll just have to trim more of the bumper cover to fit 4". Whats ur reasoning for going to a 4" over a 3.5"?
PSI2HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #4
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

No reason, just curious in case I found a 4" instead of a 3". My 24x12x3 intercooler in on its way.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote