MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Old 09-16-2010   #61
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: jhaan_dude is a good guy *edit* BAD GUY!

WOw, ^you were in love with this guy before.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #62
dumb_ricer
Hates Everything

Drives: Neon
Send a message via AIM to dumb_ricer

I have known him for a long time, and always wondered why people thought so highly of him. I figured maybe I was wrong about him? Apparently not. He always came off as kind of a hack/shortcut taker to me.
dumb_ricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #63
C89ZX7R

Drives: 87 and 89 Chrysler Conquest

His so called rebuilt turbo this guy got leaked oil and bent the blades as soon as it was started.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/i...ic=111395&st=0

A few other people's turbos are also leaking and blowing smoke....
Old 10-08-2010   #64
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Drives: Spyder GSX
Send a message via MSN to 95talonracer

Why the fuck to people still buy shit from this tool?

Amsoil Dealer
95talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010   #65
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95talonracer View Post
Why the fuck to people still buy shit from this tool?
Because information like whats in this thread is not circulated....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93GSX5SD
I'll second that. Its your car your choice. Enjoy your dsm experience.
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010   #66
Red95FwdTsi
Banned

Drives: 95 tsi

Julian is a horrible unreliable guy. Ordered two rebuilt turbos from him, one came rebuilt and put on a show with a hurt ankle and blame games for months, showed up with an already used turbo. Just ready to Kill.
Red95FwdTsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010   #67
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Why oh why the fuck do people still buy shit from this guy????

Amsoil Dealer
Old 10-17-2010   #68
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Drives: 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Spooling Fiddy Trim Style

Man. . . i thought i could trust him he offered to help me out over pm but i was reluctant due to the prior posts now im really reluctant. . .
Alpha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #69
way2fastalon
IS Broken :-/

Drives: 91 Talon awd /90 laser rsT
Send a message via ICQ to way2fastalon Send a message via AIM to way2fastalon

1991 Eagle Talon awd
2.0 fully built lower-end
wiseco/eagle rods / crank 9:0:1
dsmlink v.2.5 fp race mani 880cc injectors w255
hx35/bep/maperformance o2 with dump
+more mods to list

Last edited by way2fastalon; 11-13-2010 at 01:24 AM..
way2fastalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #70
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
Oh man that was a long read but, you guys seemed to all be getting screwed. I would never take a order on a turbo I didn't have parts for and make false promise's and then vanish for months from the people that gave me money!! Several members on here have also had problems with him as well. I know the site admin specifically told him to stop offering service's to members on here.

Looks like 6 people on the first page of that thread had problems for several months with his service's.

Also looks like about 3 months after people send money to him for turbo's or rebuilds they might get their product after several rounds of complaining.

alexNYC------------------PayPal sent--------3/05/10-------------Not received 16g
Involvedrotary-----------PayPal sent--------3/22/10-------------Not received EVO3 16G
dstar88 -----------------PayPal sent--------1/20/10-------------Not received FP Green
teamvpneon---------------PayPal sent--------4/07/10-------------Not received EVO3 16g
Dad ---------------------PayPal sent--------2/18/20-------------Received 16G 05/21/10
PDodson------------------PayPal sent--------5/25/10-------------Not received
ResistTheSystem----------PayPal sent--------4/28/10-------------Not received 16g/12a
on4now4------------------PayPal sent--------1/31/10-------------Not received TD05H 20g
dmyers151----------------PayPal sent--------2/09/10-------------Received 16g 2/26/10
dmyers151----------------Turbo sent back----6/02/10-------------Not returned

Andrew7dg-----------exchange given --------------------Received 16g

His response:
from now on im no longer giving updates, im just going to ship turbos as the parts come in. saves a lot of criticism and wasted time on everyones end.

Sounds like a good person to do business with.
I wanted to update, I received my 16g turbo. He also included a SSfeed line, turbo water pipe (which was in great condition), Misc bolts needed, and gasket to help me get the turbo on the car. He really didn't need to include all of that but he did to help me out.

It actually helped me out big time so I didn't have to run around and find all the misc parts of switching from Oil feed to oil feed/coolent turbo. Car is up and running with the turbo.
Old 10-17-2010   #71
Red95FwdTsi
Banned

Drives: 95 tsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew7dg View Post
I wanted to update, I received my 16g turbo. He also included a SSfeed line, turbo water pipe (which was in great condition), Misc bolts needed, and gasket to help me get the turbo on the car. He really didn't need to include all of that but he did to help me out.

It actually helped me out big time so I didn't have to run around and find all the misc parts of switching from Oil feed to oil feed/coolent turbo. Car is up and running with the turbo.
1/50+ customers satisfied?
Red95FwdTsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #72
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Quote:

Why the fuck would you be happy with that result? I can guarntee that you put that on and it is smoking like a bitch in a few hundred miles MAX. Your time and money that you are wasting I guess.

Amsoil Dealer
Old 10-24-2010   #73
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion

I agree that he is horrible with staying in touch with his customers, however every turbo I have ever sent him has been 100% perfect, I killed several turbos with metal flakes and too high oil pressure (oil filter housing port fixed it).

Turbochargers are complicated, keeping all your customers happy is impossible, combine that with that julian is anti-social and I can see why his reputation is destroyed.

I always buy new turbos, because I can afford to.

TL;DR Julian is retarded socially, but technically there is nobody out there that is filling this need of low-cost DSMers.
Old 10-24-2010   #74
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceminion View Post
I agree that he is horrible with staying in touch with his customers, however every turbo I have ever sent him has been 100% perfect, I killed several turbos with metal flakes and too high oil pressure (oil filter housing port fixed it).

Turbochargers are complicated, keeping all your customers happy is impossible, combine that with that julian is anti-social and I can see why his reputation is destroyed.

I always buy new turbos, because I can afford to.

TL;DR Julian is retarded socially, but technically there is nobody out there that is filling this need of low-cost DSMers.
This still doesn't explain the countless turbos that people have received as being rebuilt and either were still blown or failed shortly thereafter, on top of people receiving the wrong turbos back.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #75
TehMugZor

I respect what you are saying Matt, however I must say that the numbers seem skewed a little, if you actually take account of how many turbos that man has sold vs. the numbers that have broke vs. the number of turbos that he fixed I think you will see that he is like any business. happy customers and unhappy customers.

Most of the his customers don't weigh in with emotional posts about how they were screwed, most of the people are driving around, not posting on the internet.

No offense but he seems like a great guy, just a little messed up in the head. He is the ONLY one of you who is actually stepping up to the local tuning community helping us out get cheaper turbos and give us much more support then MAP has ever given to its customers, MAP wouldn't come out to my house at night, rebuild a turbo that I messed up, port my oil filter housing so I didn't flow more then 80PSI to my turbo.

I would have to say half of his "Bad" turbos are messed up from improper installs.

I don't care if you ban me, but at least I can weigh in on this.
TehMugZor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #76
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMugZor View Post
He is the ONLY one of you who is actually stepping up to the local tuning community helping us out get cheaper turbos and give us much more support then MAP has ever given to its customers, MAP wouldn't come out to my house at night, rebuild a turbo that I messed up, port my oil filter housing so I didn't flow more then 80PSI to my turbo.

I would have to say half of his "Bad" turbos are messed up from improper installs.

I don't care if you ban me, but at least I can weigh in on this.
People pay Julian pennies for his work compared to what any shop would charge, and as the saying goes you get what you pay for. I'm willing to bet if you pay any shop enough money they'd come to your house to work on your car, but comparing a full blown business to some fly by night shade tree mechanic is apples and oranges. The thing is, if a reputable shop screws up they make things right and very quickly. Julian has done anything but. It's always easy to blame the customer, but there are only so many ways to install a turbo.

Please leave others out of this, especially this site's sponsors. This thread is about Julian's dealings. If you have a problem with something feel free to make your own thread.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #77
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
The thing is, if a reputable shop screws up they make things right and very quickly.
Yeah right...

In my opinion, rebuilding and selling turbos is a tricky business that julian has gotten himself in.

First lets think about the customers that he has to deal with. DSMers who are looking for a cheap turbo because they blew up the turbo on their car (often times because they installed it wrong to begin with or it is a Fake E16G plus they just beat on their car). They don't want to spend the money for a new one. They are often trying to get the car running as fast as they can because the car is their daily driver. State of mind "I need a turbo as fast as possible!"

They ship it to julian and from what I seen poorly. The one that I seen shipped to him was in a cardbord box that was falling apart and packing peanuts shoved inside the turbo. The turbo had a polished cover on it and now was scratched up and damaged from just shipping.

Julian calls them as says that the turbo has seen way too much oil pressure because the oil filter housing was unported. Fixes it up with a warranty. A week later the turbo comes back to him with the same problems and customer demands the warranty saying the turbo failed because of julian rebuild. Problem was again too much oil pressure...
Myself I can't argue with a customer with that kind of logic.

The other situation was when an mitsubishi turbo came in "under warranty" but the reason it failed was because it was over heated. The coolent line wasn't never hooked up. But they wanted the warranty because julian MUST have done the rebuild wrong.

I am not saying all of the customers on the list are like this but this is just from what I have seen. It sounds like a fun business, rebuilding turbos and making money, but I couldn't do it because of the customers.

Cheap DSMers are the worst people to try to teach or try to tell them how they should install a turbo. They usually don't care about the car, turbo.
However this is the market that julian is in right now. People with money, patients, mechanical know how rebuild their own turbos or buy new.

However what Julian is lacking is a business plan, set prices, written warranties, good parts suppliers, and written inventory and customer list. Once that is taken care of, it could be a good business.
Old 10-25-2010   #78
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

^All DSMers are cheap and don't know how to install shit?
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #79
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

I'm going to laugh my ass off when Andrew7dg's turbo fails.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #80
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
However what Julian is lacking is a business plan, set prices, written warranties, good parts suppliers, and written inventory and customer list. Once that is taken care of, it could be a good business.
You forgot the most important thing...A LEGIT OPERATION!
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote