MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 07-02-2014   #1
talonsway

Drives: 1995 eagle talon TSI
Ecu flash help

Hello I have a 95 tsi. I installed a flash connector and went to flashing my ecu. In the beginning it was all working and I was dialing in my injectors. Then my ecuflash program started to randomly close. So no big deal I just deleted the program and went to re install it. After the install this is where the problems started. Now I can't flash. I know u have to have your files in the right spot but nothing is working. If some one out there would be willing to help me or even a local that is willing to help me ( willing to pay for ur time ) that would be awesome I don't wanna throw the money down for link. Any local's or anyone willing to help contact at 320-296-5930. Or throw down some ideas. Maybe u can describe the install for me ? Any ways thanks for any help.
talonsway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014   #2
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Ecu flash help

So you were trying ECUflash instead of dsm link? Which cable do you have?
Old 07-03-2014   #3
scheides
flips McGee

More very specific details please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014   #4
talonsway

alright guys well ive heard great things about ecuflash. I decided to got this route got a lap top, taxtrix and cables. Installed the flash connector on my 95 eagle talon tsi. Then acquired a 98 gst black box. I followed the install guide made by a fellow member on here and followed step by step. When i went to save the the rom and definition for my car the rom saved as a .bin ? i dont know if that is correct or wrong but i saved them along with the files from ceddy mods into romedata>mitsubishi>eclipse. Then i read my ecu and it says un-known rom. i Follow the steps by trying to copy a definition and when i use the option 98 mitsubishi eclipse gst 20550011 the box with id XML has question marks in it. When i click finished it turns into like a ".sft" or something weird that does not work!!! Im pretty sure this is what is holding me up. Im pretty positive in the location of my files as i think they are in the right spot.

If some one could give suggestions on what to do, or point out what i am doing wrong that would be great. Seams like there are few people that know how to flash and are willing to help. It would be great to get ecuflash to work. If it holds me up any more i might have to go to link. ANY Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2014   #5
talonsway

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/ecu...oblems.481385/. Link to my other thread I started. I downloaded ceddy mods with the big maps and speed density with it because I feel like the ceddy mods I had was causing the problem? Haven't tried it yet but any suggestions ?