MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

View Poll Results: Where do I go from here? (now that all of the children have grown up...)
Build the X 17 56.67%
No one wants a $60k evo with high monthly payments, get out now and buy a 9. 13 43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2010   #1101
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Shitty. Does the car have that Magnus CMC in it? Bleed it bleed bleed it. Does the slave cyl rod move at all when the pedal is pushed?
Yes its the magnus.

My buddy (mechanic) said if it was air in the lines it wouldn't be inconsistent like this, it would be bad all the time.

He said the master itself is probably bad, and actually the first thing Danny thought/said at DB the other day was that it sounds like a bad master

I really hope it is alright.

I will just keep driving it and see how it hangs.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #1102
Murlo26

Everything does move.....

UPDATE:

I am chilling at my parents place right now as the Evo is basically unsafe/impossible to drive with the master cylinder how it is. I honestly barely got it to here from traffic on the freeway. The clutch pedal basically stays on the floor now in first/second gear. When I brake the clutch pedal drops too, it is all bad. Not fun what so ever to drive.
Old 10-09-2010   #1103
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires

Swap out the master.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #1104
Murlo26

^I am not paying for a tow (no money anymore) and yet another new master, these things are like $300 bucks. I guess they should warranty it but the idea of putting this in there was I wouldn't have to worry about it.
Old 10-09-2010   #1105
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Drives: 94 Plymouth Acclaim/2008 EvoX

I have half a mind to sign up for AAA. Tows are expensive and now I have a modded car and a beater. Either could need a tow at any time. lol.

kracka--It's official, Lomker sucks at chicks!
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #1106
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
I have half a mind to sign up for AAA. Tows are expensive and now I have a modded car and a beater. Either could need a tow at any time. lol.
I am signed up for AAA already but that didn't work out when my motor blew, lol.
Old 10-09-2010   #1107
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

I haven't been following your whole master cyl. issue, but you were mentioning something about it being a shitty part or something because its plastic.

Again, i'm kinda remembering it. I'm guessing its a dealer only or crazy aftermarket high $$$ piece?
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #1108
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
I haven't been following your whole master cyl. issue, but you were mentioning something about it being a shitty part or something because its plastic.
He no longer has the stock plastic master cylinder. First he tried the SSP, had issues with that, switched to the Magnus, and now is having issues with that one too. For whatever reason it seems like there are a lot of bleeding-related issues when using these aftermarket clutch master cylinders.

Dave - Since pressing the brakes is affecting the clutch I'm really thinking you may have a big air bubble somewhere in the system. Go grab a cheap 1L bottle of brake fluid from any store and rebleed the entire system (all 4 corners + clutch).

Here is a how-to for the brakes (X is the same): http://www.joe250.com/cars/evo8/brak...ebleeding.html
It's very important to make sure you keep the reservoir FULL the entire time, the brakes and clutch share the reservoir, but it's divided internally.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #1109
Murlo26

^I'd love to do that, but I don't have any torque wrenches and I only have two jackstands...I don't have the tools for this job sadly and no money to buy them.

Also a little info on what I have had for MC's.

The stock one (its plastic for some reason instead of metal like the evo 8/9's) never broke for me but with how many people have issues I decided to put the free SSP rev 1 one in with my new clutch, it was free so why not.

While my car was down basically everyone had issues with the rev 1 SSP one, I never did, it actually worked pretty awesome and felt great, but I probably didn't drive it long enough to cause issues as my motor blew up.

So while the motor was down SSP sent me a new rev 2 one that while DB was buttoning up my motor found to be leaking before they even installed it from a crush washer gasket, so SSP sent a new one. But my confidence was shaken, Danny thought there was some very questionable design characteristics on the SSP one and everyone was saying how awesome the magnus one is. So I was sick of dealing with shit so I just said whatever lets put the magnus one in and be done with this for good...well yea that didn't happen.

Last edited by Murlo26; 10-09-2010 at 05:03 PM..
Old 10-09-2010   #1110
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Drives: V10 Touareg, Beater Jetta, Evo IX

I think we need to band together to get this thing squared away. There are plenty of people here who have what you need. I'm sure someone'll be willing to help out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.
cmspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #1111
scheides
flips McGee

I support the rebleeding theory/troubleshooting. If its connected to the brakes...how full is the reservoir right now?

Where is the car? Think you can limp it to my place? If not I have this thing called a functioning car and it has a trunk...I can bring some stuff over You get the pizza & fluid, I'll come help. I'm up in fargo right now so it'd be a day or two, I'm sure you can find someone else that wouldn't mind lending a hand.
Quote:
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #1112
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
^I'd love to do that, but I don't have any torque wrenches and I only have two jackstands...I don't have the tools for this job sadly and no money to buy them.
No torque wrench needed. You'll need a clear plastic bottle (juice, soda, etc.), some clear tubing, 10mm wrench, 11mm wrench, 1L of DOT4, and a helper. Two jackstands + stock jack + stock lug wrench will suffice since you're in a pinch.

I'm sure you can get someone to come lend a hand if you offer up a few beers. They can bring a torque wrench and proper jack too I bet.
Old 10-09-2010   #1113
Murlo26

Quote:
I support the rebleeding theory/troubleshooting. If its connected to the brakes...how full is the reservoir right now?

Where is the car? Think you can limp it to my place? If not I have this thing called a functioning car and it has a trunk...I can bring some stuff over You get the pizza & fluid, I'll come help. I'm up in fargo right now so it'd be a day or two, I'm sure you can find someone else that wouldn't mind lending a hand.
I limped it to my dad's work, hes got a small warehouse (more like a big garage there).

Honestly I really don't think driving it is a good idea sadly otherwise I would've gotten to my house already. I looked at the reservoir and it appeared to be at the same level as last night when we were looking but I didn't take the cap off yet. I checked for leaks at the slave, master (from what i could see) and inside the car and didn't see any active leaks and it appeared to be functioning, so maybe it is just an air bubble.

Come to think about it, my dad's shop has a jack and jackstands I think...pretty sure. But torque wrench for the wheels is probably all i would need.

I would be willing to provide pizza if you wanted to come It's in New Brighton, so it's not too far from your place.

But to get the car there I had to pull up the clutch pedal a ton, so any amount of stop lights is not a good idea, i ran a lot of stop signs to get it there, haha.
Old 10-09-2010   #1114
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

I'm in new brighton right now, PM me some info if I can get away I will come and help you.

If all needs is a simple bleeding there is no way I'm letting you sit out. This weather is too good and why I'm trolling my POS around.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #1115
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
No torque wrench needed. You'll need a clear plastic bottle (juice, soda, etc.), some clear tubing, 10mm wrench, 11mm wrench, 1L of DOT4, and a helper. Two jackstands + stock jack + stock lug wrench will suffice since you're in a pinch.

I'm sure you can get someone to come lend a hand if you offer up a few beers. They can bring a torque wrench and proper jack too I bet.
Well I am thinking about getting up early tomorrow and trying to tackle this. We will see what happens.

What's the helper for, I didn't read the whole thing you posted, person to pump brakes or something?

Pizza could be arranged and beer if I go get some tonight I suppose But we will see.

Is there another spot to bleed besides the brakes, as in one for the clutch?
Old 10-09-2010   #1116
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
Honestly I really don't think driving it is a good idea sadly otherwise I would've gotten to my house already.
Nut up! Have I ever told you about the time I drove from Dallas back to Minneapolis in my IX with a busted pressure plate/throw out bearing clip ring? For real though, I wish I could come lend a hand and get your car back on the road ASAP. Sounds like you already have plenty of local volunteers though so you should be in good shape!
Old 10-09-2010   #1117
scheides
flips McGee

If they have jack stand you're golden. Torque wrench for the wheels is highly recommended but it certainly shouldn't stop you from trying to fix this. Getting them back on good & tight (and extra snug to be sure, but don't hang on the wrench) should be fine. Go get some brake fluid, a tube, and a 20 oz of mt dew and you're set. the bleeder valves are 11mm on the brakes and 10mm on the slave cyl. Follow the directions hughes posted above for the brakes and then do a good bleed on the clutch as well (I posted on evoM howto do this recently, I can repost if you need, or just call me when you're doing it).

All you need is a helper, a girl or your dad or whoever will do fine.
Quote:
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #1118
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
What's the helper for, I didn't read the whole thing you posted, person to pump brakes or something?

Is there another spot to bleed besides the brakes, as in one for the clutch?
One person to pump the pedals and the other to operate the bleed nipples. Each brake caliper has two bleeders and the clutch slave cylinder has one.
Old 10-09-2010   #1119
Murlo26

Quote:
If they have jack stand you're golden. Torque wrench for the wheels is highly recommended but it certainly shouldn't stop you from trying to fix this. Getting them back on good & tight (and extra snug to be sure, but don't hang on the wrench) should be fine. Go get some brake fluid, a tube, and a 20 oz of mt dew and you're set. the bleeder valves are 11mm on the brakes and 10mm on the slave cyl. Follow the directions hughes posted above for the brakes and then do a good bleed on the clutch as well (I posted on evoM howto do this recently, I can repost if you need, or just call me when you're doing it).

All you need is a helper, a girl or your dad or whoever will do fine.
Sounds good, I guess I will give this a go tomorrow morning, lol. Time to get my hands dirty

I have just been skeptical of this being the issue as Danny has bleed the system like 3 times. But I guess it's worth one more shot.
Old 10-09-2010   #1120
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
One person to pump the pedals and the other to operate the bleed nipples. Each brake caliper has two bleeders and the clutch slave cylinder has one.
So I am guessing do the order posted for brakes then do the slave?

Scheides a link would be appreciated

Tags
casual mention of an evo, cold little murlo, daves sexcapades, flip flop, flip flopppp, hotdog crank polishing, manifold butthurt?, sexy time.