MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 02-05-2007   #1
kennydawgg

18 tire fit

what tires would fit on my 2g with 18 rims?

I have it lowered 2 inches

got any ideas or tires youd like to sell let me know

thanks
kennydawgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #2
HiImBrian

Drives: the girls crazy
Send a message via AIM to HiImBrian
Re: 18 tire fit

first you will want to know exactly what kind of rims they are next you will want to look up info on that rim online to figure this question out you could also go to a tire shop and ask somebody

Also, try using capitol letters and/or periods when necessary instead of spacing everything out. Hope this helps!
Old 02-05-2007   #3
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Maybe, just maybe, try a tire that fits on the wheel?
Old 02-05-2007   #4
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

Why don't you just throw some 22's on there? Sp1nnen 0n tw1nk1e D00'S
Old 02-05-2007   #5
1ViciousGSX
Admin

225/40zr18 works great.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)

Last edited by 1ViciousGSX; 02-06-2007 at 06:43 AM..
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #6
kennydawgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ViciousGSX View Post
255/40zr17 works great.
typo or smartass?

Thanks to everyone else that took the time to not be helpful, shows a lot of integrity. Unlike others I don't have countless hours to waste staring at forums, so thats why my questions may seem basic. Bottom line is it takes less time to write a helpfule response than it does to type useles crap.

just my .02
Old 02-05-2007   #7
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydawgg View Post
typo or smartass?

Thanks to everyone else that took the time to not be helpful, shows a lot of integrity. Unlike others I don't have countless hours to waste staring at forums, so thats why my questions may seem basic. Bottom line is it takes less time to write a helpfule response than it does to type useles crap.

just my .02
You're a n00b so until you make the effort to research things on your own and/or add something useful to the board people won't really go out of their way to help you. You *might* get some decent responses if you actually give us some details regarding your wheels such as width and offset.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #8
HiImBrian

Aw come on, I told you EXACTLY how to find your answer....on your own.
Old 02-05-2007   #9
kennydawgg

yes I might be a noob but everyone is at one time, it just gets annoying that every forum you ever post on just gets turned into a flamer reunion. then when you search forums to look for answers all you see is people telling others who ask questions they're stupid.

but back to the question they have a 40 mm offset and Im pretty sure they are 7.5 wide.
Old 02-05-2007   #10
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

Look here bud, you can go to any local tire place that even sells wheels/tires that big (where you would probably end up going to buy your tires anyway) and they'll tell you exactly what you need. Now stop being angry at the world, and quit be lazy and expect everyone else to just bow down and answer your silly questions, especially when you yourself don't exactly know what your even looking for tires for
Quote:
Im pretty sure they are 7.5 wide.
Old 02-06-2007   #11
HiImBrian

Do you know what kind of rims they are? For example, I have a set of ADR Sukodos. I can easily search this and find out what tires I need. And keep ur panties on, just don't expect people to give a crap about you till you show you've done a little reading. As a noob it really helps to maybe post up a few sites that you've tried lookin at just to show that you did a little reading and searching.
Old 02-06-2007   #12
kennydawgg

they are konig appeals, 18 x 7.5, I looked at discounttire.com but all they can give me is what would work on a stock setup, but like I posted I have a lowered car and they do not have any info except stock. So posting on a forum where someone that has a lowered car would probably be looking at and asking what size would not give me clearance issues seems reasonable.
Old 02-06-2007   #13
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Quote:
typo or smartass?

just my .02
Hot diggity dog, it was a typo. Must be gettin' old timer's disease.

225/40zr18

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)

Last edited by 1ViciousGSX; 02-06-2007 at 06:48 AM..
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #14
kennydawgg

cool thanks
Old 02-06-2007   #15
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

I have Konig 18x8.5 and I use 225/40/18. I could go to a bigger width on the tire if I wanted though.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #16
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

The time it took you to write 4 responces, you could have just gone to www.discounttire.com and did a +1 fit for your car, it shows exactly the size it needs to be to fit nicely.
I suppose your next question is gonna be, "Can i put VTec on my car?"
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #17
HiImBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
The time it took you to write 4 responces, you could have just gone to www.discounttire.com and did a +1 fit for your car, it shows exactly the size it needs to be to fit nicely.
This is very true. Just take the fact that your car is lowered into consideration and get a lower prof tire. You could also do a little reading and figure out what all those fancy numbers mean.
Old 02-06-2007   #18
kennydawgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
I guess you didn't read the forum before you posted, look about four posts up and you will see that I looked at discounttire.com but all they will tell you is +1 on a stock height car. . . which would work fine but like I already said twice my car is LOWERED. Different clearances in the inner wheel well, understand honda boy? I do know what the numbers mean in tire sizes, but what I do not know is if a 40 or 45 series tire will rub against the wheel well when I turn. But I have my answer courtesy of someone helpful. Than You
Old 02-07-2007   #19
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Quote:
I guess you didn't read the forum before you posted, look about four posts up and you will see that I looked at discounttire.com but all they will tell you is +1 on a stock height car. . . which would work fine but like I already said twice my car is LOWERED. Different clearances in the inner wheel well, understand honda boy? I do know what the numbers mean in tire sizes, but what I do not know is if a 40 or 45 series tire will rub against the wheel well when I turn. But I have my answer courtesy of someone helpful. Than You
Sorry guys but if you dont like flaming please read another thread because this fag is gonna get fried.
First off you ricer ass fag, please read this and if you dont understand read it again. When lowering your car it doesnt change the clearence of the arm that goes over the tire. so therefore it will not change which wheel/tire combination you will use (Unless you are a complete ricer and dropped your car 6 inches so that the tires tuck inside the wheel well, in which case i hope you put a wing on your car and drive off a cliff to see if you can fly.)
Secondly, Lately your posts have been the most retarded threads i have ever had the chance to read. If you dont know something USE THE FUCKING SEARCH or Google it dammit. Dont come on here thinking we are going to do all of your legwork for you because your a lazy ass noob with nothing better to do then come on here and cry about how you dont know shit about your car.

Cliff Notes:
-Douche bag doesnt use seach function or google.
-Douche bag is really upset because APC went out of business so now he doesnt know where hes gonna get the 5 foot duel stage wing for his car.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #20
HiImBrian

Quote:
Shouldn't of said that.