MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 12-22-2003   #1
Red GST

Tournaments Won: 6

everybody as i presume knows that the 95 headlights develop the "fog" inside the housing............

anybody know a good way to clean this up????? its really annoying me when i see the 1 side fogged up
Old 12-22-2003   #2
LightningGSX
Hellbound

I had a similar "fog" on my headlights, but it was on the outside of the assembly.I just used some buffing compound.I think the fix has been discussed many times on dsmtuners.com.
Old 12-22-2003   #3
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
It is not just 95. All you have to do is take some buffing compound and "work it" on the headlight. Repeat the process until you are satisfied. This is assuming it is on the outside like it normally is.

If it is on the inside, you will have to remove the headlight and go from there. On the inside of the headlight would most likely be condensation.
Old 12-22-2003   #4
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
I'm thinking he's talking about the condensation that builds up sometimes inside the housing. The only way to fix that is to disassemble the headlights and blow a hair dryer or something into there to dry it up.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003   #5
Red GST

Tournaments Won: 6

i have a permanent "fog" only on 1 headlight and it looks retarded and i am not a fan of projectors. it is on the inside of the housing
Old 12-22-2003   #6
Jana
Mazda Bitch

I have the condensation in my passenger side headlight as well. The other solution I believe is drilling a really tiny hole (Raptor suggested this and he can correct me if I am saying this wrong). This way it lets air move around and keep the condensation from building up.
Jana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003   #7
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
it is NOT on the inside. its on the outside. it's extremely common on 95's. in fact i owned a 95 with the same problem. i too thought it was on the inside and took the thing apart just to find that the inside was fine. its the outside, trust me. Just go get some Mothers Mag Polish, and polish the outside of the lense, it will be clear once again. this only lasts a couple weeks until you have to do it again. You could also wet sand it with like 2000 grit sandpaper and then finish it off with a polishing compound, that is unless you've never wet sanded before. But trust me man, it's the outside, just use Mothers Mag, it will work!
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003   #8
MATCHBX
Any 2 card caller.

Pinball Smash Up Champion!
I've heard of using a blow dryer to get rid of the fog. Take out the bulb and use the blow dryer to take care of it. If I remember correctly, it is a byproduct of poor venting.

I've heard of someone putting one of those silica gel packs in there to absorb the moisture but I'm sure you'd have to attach it somewhere in there so it wouldn't burn up by the heat of the bulbs.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

It's always the second mouse that gets the cheese....

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Superjealousfragilemisswithsexualneurosis----John Valby
MATCHBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003   #9
At-Least-It's-An-Evo
At-Least-It's-White-Again

Mario Tetris 2 Champion! Tetris Champion! Tetris 2 Champion!
Drives: 98 iVTEC
Send a message via AIM to At-Least-It's-An-Evo
You can crack em open. Use a buffer. Buff the outside. Use that honda cleaner stuff peopel use for Motorcycles and use some other rubbing compound... 3M buffing compound. Worked really good on the cousin's supra headlights. Just don't leave the buffer on one spot too long. that'll melt the plastic. Then seal it really good w/ Black RTV so there is no leaks.

Done fuckin' with cars but I will snap some photos of yours for now! =)
At-Least-It's-An-Evo is offline   Reply With Quote