MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 05-21-2007   #21
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: E85?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1G_DSM View Post
I looked through the threads already. They go along the lines of I plan on doing and I'm doing as of now. They have no follow up on the finished product. They are either planning or still in the process of.
Instead of insulting half of the community, why not just ask whatever questions you need answering of?
Old 05-21-2007   #22
carltalon

Drives: 98 Eclipse GSX Auto
Send a message via AIM to carltalon Send a message via Yahoo to carltalon

This summer will answer alot of questions about E-85 there are a few of us going with it and wev'e all taken slightly different routs. Halon ,Jet And I are all working on our E-85 setups.

Im running dual intank walbro 255's 850cc injectors and a basefuel pressure of 50psi From what Ive done so far I think I'll be able to run 25 PSI boost before Im out of injector. At 11-1 air fuel ratio I'm seeing close to 45 pounds per min at near 95% duty cycle. I think when I get it leaned out to 12-1 I should be able to get close to 50 pounds per min. I'll probly be getting a set of 1600cc injectors when I have the money.
Old 05-21-2007   #23
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Those threads are the same as the other ones. Planning on doing, trying to get info on doing, or in the process of doing.
Quote:
Finally what I've been looking for, a guy from MN that has done it and is running it. Although I know you had your own thread about the process of doing it, it wasn't complete though and had no follow up so I look forward to your thoughts about e85.
Quote:
Is he on this forum or another forum?
Quote:
I looked through the threads already. They go along the lines of I plan on doing and I'm doing as of now. They have no follow up on the finished product. They are either planning or still in the process of.
Dude, you need to calm down and do a little more asking around. Yes TalonFiero is a member here, people have said it before and I'll say it again. Search search search! Better yet, come hang out with us, we'll show you who to talk to and help you find the answers you're looking for.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #24
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Drives: Spyder GSX
Send a message via MSN to 95talonracer

I am also running E-85 and have had alot of success with it. I am running a 11.5-1 and 30psi with no knock. I have a 255 and 880s which are at a little over 90% duty. The thing really likes this fuel.

Amsoil Dealer
95talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #25
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

What answers do you need that aren't answered in the threads? I run it. Basically you need more fuel. What else are you looking for answers on?
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #26
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

I run it too and "should" have my car up to Mark's tomorrow. I went all out with my fuel system though since I was out of fuel on race gas. I can't imagine anything you need to know that the other threads didn't cover. I am loving it so far, did a bit of tuning with it but not fully tuned yet. Maybe next weekend.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #27
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

What size turbo are you running? I couldn't see running much bigger than a 16G at 30psi with only 880s on E85.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95talonracer View Post
I am also running E-85 and have had alot of success with it. I am running a 11.5-1 and 30psi with no knock. I have a 255 and 880s which are at a little over 90% duty. The thing really likes this fuel.
Old 05-21-2007   #28
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Drives: Spyder GSX
Send a message via MSN to 95talonracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
What size turbo are you running? I couldn't see running much bigger than a 16G at 30psi with only 880s on E85.
I have a 20g td06. I turned the boost down to about 27 or so now until I log the duty cycle but otherwise the AF is 11.4 and there is no knock at all.

Amsoil Dealer
95talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #29
1G_DSM

Drives: 1994 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterydr View Post
Instead of insulting half of the community, why not just ask whatever questions you need answering of?
That is exactly what I'm doing. I asked the question who runs it here in MN and what exactly did they do. I ain't insulting no one and if you feel insulted that's your problem. Like I said I asked a simple question and people gave me statements and I responded to them. What I said in my posts are true.

Last edited by 1G_DSM; 05-21-2007 at 11:25 PM..
1G_DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #30
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Dude, you need to calm down and do a little more asking around. Yes TalonFiero is a member here, people have said it before and I'll say it again. Search search search! Better yet, come hang out with us, we'll show you who to talk to and help you find the answers you're looking for.
I am clam people are just taking this the wrong way because I'm new here. Yes, I looked through the threads before I signed up here. Tell me my statements are false. All I did was ask a simple question but because I'm new people automatically assumed stuff like I didn't read through the previous threads, ect., for some reason. I'm trying to find guys that have this setup not people who are trying to do it. The threads who did have people doing the switch over, don't have any follow up to it. Like how it ran, how much boost, ect. Like I said read my statements and tell me my statements are false before you automatically judge me because I'm new.

Last edited by 1G_DSM; 05-21-2007 at 11:27 PM..
Old 05-21-2007   #31
1G_DSM

Quote:
How's gas milage treating you? You're running it with just the one 255 pump? Most people go dual with at least a dual pump.
Old 05-21-2007   #32
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
I run it too and "should" have my car up to Mark's tomorrow. I went all out with my fuel system though since I was out of fuel on race gas. I can't imagine anything you need to know that the other threads didn't cover. I am loving it so far, did a bit of tuning with it but not fully tuned yet. Maybe next weekend.
I just want to know more personal things. How easy was tuning, gas milage, did you like it, not like it. Simple stuff like that. How many miles did you put on your motor since the switch to e85?
Old 05-21-2007   #33
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Any idea what it's making for HP?

Quote:
I have a 20g td06. I turned the boost down to about 27 or so now until I log the duty cycle but otherwise the AF is 11.4 and there is no knock at all.
Old 05-21-2007   #34
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Quote:
How's gas milage treating you? You're running it with just the one 255 pump? Most people go dual with at least a dual pump.
You can run a single pump in lower HP applications with 880s or 1000cc injectors. If you are making a lot of power, you will need dual pumps and 1600cc or more.
Old 05-21-2007   #35
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
I ain't insulting no one and if you feel insulted that's your problem.
Nice.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #36
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
That is exactly what I'm doing. I asked the question who runs it here in MN and what exactly did they do. I ain't insulting no one and if you feel insulted that's your problem. Like I said I asked a simple question and people gave me statements and I responded to them. What I said in my posts are true.
I was mearly suggesting a post like this one you made:

Quote:
I just want to know more personal things. How easy was tuning, gas milage, did you like it, not like it. Simple stuff like that. How many miles did you put on your motor since the switch to e85?
Tuning is just like tuning for any other gasoline type. Find optimum burn, find stoic, tune for power and economy w/o blowing the motor.
Gas mileage will suffer due to the energy available in the gasoline compared to regular or premium unleaded.

FYI, you are coming off as a keyboard warrior. The issue is there are plenty on here, and you will be burned at the stake. Sure what you are saying is true, but I would mearly suggest to re-phrase questions differently.

Welcome to the forums (I didn't see an intro thread for you)
Old 05-21-2007   #37
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Most people go dual with at least a dual pump.
If you know so much about it why are you asking questions?
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #38
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kracka View Post
If you know so much about it why are you asking questions?
I never ran it, like I said I want more personal information.
Old 05-21-2007   #39
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterydr View Post

FYI, you are coming off as a keyboard warrior. The issue is there are plenty on here, and you will be burned at the stake. Sure what you are saying is true, but I would mearly suggest to re-phrase questions differently.

Welcome to the forums (I didn't see an intro thread for you)
Man alot of people on here are coming off as a key board warrior. All I did was ask a simple question. If people get offended that's their problem. It's nice to meet you too. I'm the guy who bought Aaron's old car, his '91 TSI. I ordered a Tial wastegate from you guys. It should be coming in the mail but Josh hasn't called me yet.
Old 05-22-2007   #40
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Hehee, that is Josh. I think it is the way you are asking the questions that is putting people off. You didn't say anything about searxhing past threads in the beginning and you are asking vague questions. Ask specific questions so we can give you a good answer.

Mine hasn't made it out of the driveway yet, but I got idle tuned nicely I am going to do some running around tomorrow and tune some(got tabs today).

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote