MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 02-12-2007   #1
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ
Good car wash locations.

I know some people hate the cloth and brush based car washes. So lets put up some locations where they have touchless carwashes that members might want to head out to in case they want to save some paint.

*that is if people are too lazy to wash their ride themselves with some elbow grease*

The one I used last was off 49th & 169. it's on the East side of 169 and right there on the corner. (I'll get the name later)

they have a nice touchless in the back. You pull in and park and their setup circles around you a few times. Then you have a timer to dry off the car in their blowers. My baby was caked with salt and sand and just looked like ass, this spot did a very nice job of cleaning shit off for being a touchless unit.
Old 02-12-2007   #2
CDeutsch

Re: Good car wash locations.

So you don't have to stick one wheel in a conveyor type system with that one? I think the Evo is too low for those so I'm trying to find alternatives. Good thread idea!
CDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #3
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Mister Carwash seem like really good soft brush carwashes. For $30 a month you can get good unlimited washes with underbody spray and free vacuums. I am sure over time you'll get tiny scratches and swirlmarks, but those can be removed fairly easily and at least they get all the salt and road grime off the car.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #4
bluntedelvis
Click,Click,BOOM!!!

The Holiday touchless in Coon Rapids off Foley and 10 really good, I know the guy who services this wash and the Rainbow brightner is set to flow thicker than other Hoilday gas stations he says the owner likes it to flow more $10.00 check it out you wont be disappointed.. But for all the guys who like too wash your own $1.00 wash in Coon Rapids off University just 2 blocks west of 10 smaller 4 bay wash but tuesdays is
.50 cent day

Last edited by bluntedelvis; 02-13-2007 at 07:56 AM..
bluntedelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #5
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

I won't ever use a "no-touch" again, they just don't clean well at all. It doesn't matter if it uses enough pressure to take off paint, they just don't clean well. I use several soft cloth washes, my favorite is right by my house at the Noble Mobil, corner of Noble and 610 in BP, I buy them in packs of 20, great price, very good wash. My other favorite is the gas station on the corner of 169 and I think 36th in Plymouth. It's the same exit as Caribou Coffee. When I'm spending the big bucks and need close to my shop, I go to Mermaid on Louisiana and 394. Full service there and they do a decent job on vacuuming and windows for about $14.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Last edited by Goat Blower; 02-12-2007 at 05:43 PM..
Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #6
Yonce

Drives: 2002 WRX Wagon. Former 1995 GSX Owner.

The Regal car wash in Crystal is pretty decent, it used to be called The Octopus but they changed names a few years back. It's right off of Douglas Drive, just south a few blocks of Bass Lake Road. They offer touchless car washes as well as soft brush washes. For 13 bucks you can get a pretty good soft brush wash, full vacuum, and they clean your dash and windows too.
Yonce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #7
scheides
flips McGee

BP on 70th and France has one of the nices touch-free washes I've been through. It's all laser guided so you just drive into the bay and stop wherever, and it will cruise right around your car, dry it off, etc. Very nice!!!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #8
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
My other favorite is the gas station on the corner of 169 and I think 36th in Plymouth. It's the same exit as Caribou Coffee.
This is the Shell gas station on 36th Ave and Hwy 169 in New Hope (other side of 169 is Plymouth). This place does a good job washing but their dryers aren't the greatest. I believe Double D's on CR9/Rockford Road and Hwy 169 closed up shop which is too bad b/c their wash was great and they hand dried.

There is a Mister Carwash just west of 169 on Hwy 55 where you could get the unlimited wash deal. There is also one in Eden Prairie and a few others scattered throughout the Cities.
Old 02-12-2007   #9
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeutsch View Post
So you don't have to stick one wheel in a conveyor type system with that one? I think the Evo is too low for those so I'm trying to find alternatives. Good thread idea!
No, you drive over a small hump and it triggers you to stop so it can begin. You then sit and relax.

For the goal of getting rid of the majority of shit on the car it's a nice setup.
Old 02-13-2007   #10
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Fuck Mr. Carwash. I took the Evo there three times, each time foam was not rinsed from inside the mirror housings which in turn dripped and smeared down the side of the car leaving me with a car that was hardly any cleaner than before.

I will never take my car to an automated car wash again.

Self serve car washes that I know of:
Off of Snelling on Energy Park Drive ($.50 washes on Tuesday)
North of 694 on County Road 10 in Mounds View, west side of road ($.50 washes on Tuesday)
Rice Street north of 694 near Hoggs Breath

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #11
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Mister Carwash works great on all the cars I've taken through and both my parents' vehicles (they both did the unlimited wash deal).

Self-serve:
Golden Valley at Medicine Lake Road and Winnetka (just east of Hwy 169, always $1 for however many minutes)

Plymouth at 494 and CR10/Bass Lake Road

Last edited by Kracka; 02-13-2007 at 12:16 AM..
Old 02-13-2007   #12
xveganxcowboyx
Wanker

Drives: 95 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
Self serve car washes that I know of:
Off of Snelling on Energy Park Drive ($.50 washes on Tuesday)
North of 694 on County Road 10 in Mounds View, west side of road ($.50 washes on Tuesday)
Rice Street north of 694 near Hoggs Breath

I think the one on snelling is $0.75 on tuesdays. It's usually $1.50 per cycle, but Turesdays are half off.

That's where I usually go
xveganxcowboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #13
Hoffer00

Cantankerous Tank Champion! Fight Man Champion! Go Johnny Go Champion!
Send a message via Yahoo to Hoffer00

169 and 129th in Champin. Across the street from Super Target. It is a self serve. The entrence and exit are perfect for super low cars. The name excapes right now.

there is a holiday on the corner, but it is back a little on the frontage road.
Hoffer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #14
DSM_421
Banned

Drives: down the middle of the fairway bitches!

Clean by hand for the win.
DSM_421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #15
clean2g
Boost Junkie

Drives: I teleport
Send a message via AIM to clean2g

^^^ dido, plus automatic washes don't clean in the wheel wells
clean2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #16
AJ
Area code 166 represent

I'm going to put a list together of all suggested car washes. So if anyone was unsure of a location, it would be great if you can get it at some point.

I'll start another thread for methods and prodcuts for washing by hand in just a bit.
Old 02-14-2007   #17
DSM_421
Banned

Drives: down the middle of the fairway bitches!

I know of a place by Grand Slam that is a power wash that you mainly do by hand... It has been a while since I've used it since I'm in Wisc now, but on Wednesdays I believe it is double time for your money.
DSM_421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #18
desolate
91 TSi AWD

Drives: red 91 TSi AWD auto

If you are in the Oakdale area the holiday by Century and Stillwater has a deal (along with a couple holidays close by). Unlimited car washes starting at $19.99 a month. I bought their $29.99 works car wash deal which is the best one they have. It's not touchless so it does a great job removing dirt and salt from your car. Their carwash also has wheel busters (cleaners) that come out and scrub your wheels. Even though I think it does nothing there is also an underbody spray that quickly sprays your car's underbody when you pull in. For the works package you get wheel cleaning, entire body soap/rinse/dry, and underbody spray. I've been through it like 50 times and I have yet to see any scratches from it.

Automatic carwashes will never completely wash and dry everything, so what I do is go through the auto wash then pull into a parking lot and spot hand dry the car. When you do that the results are amazing and it looks like you spent 2 hours cleaning your car when it only took 10 minutes.
desolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #19
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Drives: Spyder GSX
Send a message via MSN to 95talonracer

There is a new car wash off of Coon Rapids Blvd. in Coon Rapids called 3 Dollar Car Wash and they have a person that is paid at the entrance and sprays shit on and it ranges from a cheap quick $3 up to past 10 or 15 i think. Not bad and it is all lit up with neons as well if that helps anything.
95talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #20
turboDSM

Drives: tastefully modded BMW : )

i work at Blue Velvet car wash in Ramsey. we do an ok job. but if im there ill hook up any DSM with a good wash for cheep just look for the 1G in the parking lot. here are the some of the prices http://www.bluevelvetcw.com/1607391.html I know it’s kind of pricey but it’s well worth it, especially the underbody wash.
turboDSM is offline   Reply With Quote