MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Old 09-03-2012   #21
93gtpeater

Drives: cbr 1000rr repsol
Re: 93gtpeater

Whats funny is there is alot of people that hate map. But when they something bad about map it gets deleted from the site. Not just this site but other sites that map is on. I dont hate map I just give them a hard time about the 1000hp evo only running 10s. Map started out with dsms and are known for that. Kinda said they ditched the 4g63 set up in the fd.
93gtpeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #22
v8klla

Send a message via ICQ to v8klla Send a message via AIM to v8klla

When you do the volume that we do, you're bound to have issues. In those rare situations, call me up and give me a chance to make it right. Typically it will be resolved to your satisfaction.

I don't believe that I "fucked over" 93gtpeater or Celica, but either one of you please correct me if I'm wrong. Neither of them posted a thread about their discontent with my products or services, rather they took unprovoked jabs at our issues with our race car. Why would I want to do business with them?
E: chris@maperformance.com

We want your business! Please contact me directly for a quote or stop by the facility for a quick tour!
v8klla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #23
EclipseGST

Checkers Champion! Crash Test Danny Champion! Get A Grip Champion!
Drives: Short Bus
Send a message via AIM to EclipseGST Send a message via Yahoo to EclipseGST

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gtpeater View Post
Whats funny is there is alot of people that hate map. But when they something bad about map it gets deleted from the site. Not just this site but other sites that map is on. I dont hate map I just give them a hard time about the 1000hp evo only running 10s. Map started out with dsms and are known for that. Kinda said they ditched the 4g63 set up in the fd.

Exactly! Like everything just mentioned in this thread will be deleted as soon as one of the admin comes through or someone like Chris reports this thread.

I dont hate MAP either... Although I find it funny how when questioned about something the first thing they do is point out other peoples faults from 4 years ago instead of correcting their own recent problems and trying to make themselves a better company for the community.

I agree though, the 4g63 FD was badass.
EclipseGST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #24
v8klla

I responded with my reasoning first, I didn't just deflect on your faults. Disregard what I said about not valuing your opinion, I'd like to know if you were me what would you do differently? A thread was posted about poor service from another vendor, and somehow our race car (and the fact that it had not run times to match its horsepower) was brought up out of the blue. The same situation happened with Celica on another forum discussing Proving Grounds. Am I supposed to ignore it and move on? Is my attempt to match up a screen name to a real name so that I don't end up happily chit chatting with a detractor of my brand at the next Mitsustyle meet really that bad? Again, I don't believe we wronged them in any way, so what is it that could be improved upon within my company?

We want your business! Please contact me directly for a quote or stop by the facility for a quick tour!
Old 09-03-2012   #25
93gtpeater

Drives: cbr 1000rr repsol

Dont get so butt hurt when people take jabs at your shop car. you can build a high hp car that cant make it down the track. To me that doesnt look good. Ams and other shops have built shop cars that are out breaking records every year. A good shop should have a shop that can back the shop up.
93gtpeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #26
EclipseGST

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8klla View Post
I responded with my reasoning first, I didn't just deflect on your faults. Disregard what I said about not valuing your opinion, I'd like to know if you were me what would you do differently? A thread was posted about poor service from another vendor, and somehow our race car (and the fact that it had not run times to match its horsepower) was brought up out of the blue. The same situation happened with Celica on another forum discussing Proving Grounds. Am I supposed to ignore it and move on? Is my attempt to match up a screen name to a real name so that I don't end up happily chit chatting with a detractor of my brand at the next Mitsustyle meet really that bad? Again, I don't believe we wronged them in any way, so what is it that could be improved upon within my company?
Who cares if someone doesnt like the fact that you had issues and cant get the car down the track. Its the INTERNET! People will talk trash, run their mouths and they have no clue what it comes down to when building such a car and running a full time shop with customers cars coming first. Let them talk their shit.

No offense Chris, but by sitting here and arguing with us on the internet is pointless and just a waste of your time. Same with trying to keep up with anyone talking trash about your race car. Making a "Do not buy" list... Whatever else you do to try to prevent people talking shit...

That time should be better spent on making the business better, resolving issues with those who are loyal customers and maybe you'd have some extra time to work on the race car.

If you end up talking to someone at a Mitsustyle event that has talked shit about your company/car... WHO CARES!!! You are there to support the community and cars/customers. You cant keep track of everyone that doesnt like your company and by trying to do so, you're just wasting your time and stress when it could be better spent somewhere else.

AMS, Shep, Marco, Buschur... They dont do this shit. Marco and Buschur hate eachother, yet Marco still comes to Buschur's shootout... Let the little shit go man.
Old 09-03-2012   #27
v8klla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gtpeater View Post
Dont get so butt hurt when people take jabs at your shop car. you can build a high hp car that cant make it down the track. To me that doesnt look good. Ams and other shops have built shop cars that are out breaking records every year. A good shop should have a shop that can back the shop up.
What motivated you to take jabs at our shop car? I find it humorous that we get ridiculed for making 1053whp and not being able to make a clean pass, yet there are shops out there that haven't done either yet you choose to focus on MAP, why? What did we do to you?

Additionally, it took us 2+ years to get the Evo into the 9s because the same guys that work on our race cars are responsible for our customer's projects which are always priority. Not to mention we're now fielding two race cars, and the other one made it down the track several times...

Old 09-03-2012   #28
EclipseGST

Quote:
What motivated you to take jabs at our shop car? I find it humorous that we get ridiculed for making 1053whp and not being able to make a clean pass, yet there are shops out there that haven't done either yet you choose to focus on MAP, why? What did we do to you?

Additionally, it took us 2+ years to get the Evo into the 9s because the same guys that work on our race cars are responsible for our customer's projects which are always priority. Not to mention we're now fielding two race cars, and the other one made it down the track several times...
I am sure that was directed at Paul... But why does his opinion or what he says matter to you so much???

You are where you are at because of what you have done... Not because you sit on the computer trying to get people to stop talking shit or make them like you. Dont take offense to everything you read/hear.
Old 09-03-2012   #29
v8klla

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGST View Post
Who cares if someone doesnt like the fact that you had issues and cant get the car down the track. Its the INTERNET! People will talk trash, run their mouths and they have no clue what it comes down to when building such a car and running a full time shop with customers cars coming first. Let them talk their shit.

No offense Chris, but by sitting here and arguing with us on the internet is pointless and just a waste of your time. Same with trying to keep up with anyone talking trash about your race car. Making a "Do not buy" list... Whatever else you do to try to prevent people talking shit...

That time should be better spent on making the business better, resolving issues with those who are loyal customers and maybe you'd have some extra time to work on the race car.

If you end up talking to someone at a Mitsustyle event that has talked shit about your company/car... WHO CARES!!! You are there to support the community and cars/customers. You cant keep track of everyone that doesnt like your company and by trying to do so, you're just wasting your time and stress when it could be better spent somewhere else.

AMS, Shep, Marco, Buschur... They dont do this shit. Marco and Buschur hate eachother, yet Marco still comes to Buschur's shootout... Let the little shit go man.
You do make some good points. It's a flaw of mine that I've been dealing with since day one, I see this business almost as if its my child and when someone badmouths it (especially without provocation) I see it as a personal attack. I take a lot of pride in what I do, and customer service is paramount to the success of my company, hopefully that can be seen through all of my defensiveness lol. Honestly I am looking for ways to improve as you suggest, but to do that I need to understand why...

Last edited by v8klla; 09-03-2012 at 06:04 PM..
Old 09-03-2012   #30
EclipseGST

Quote:
You do make some good points. It's a flaw of mine that I've been dealing with since day one, I see this business almost as if its my child and when someone badmouths it (especially without provocation) I see it as a personal attack. I take a lot of pride in what I do, and customer service is paramount to the success of my company, hopefully that can be seen through all of my defensiveness lol. Honestly I am looking for ways to improve as you suggest, but to do that I need to understand why...
I understand... And I am not trying to "attack" you or your business so please do not take it like that. I have no place in telling you what to do or how to run your business.

Its just the way I see it and hopefully you understand that. I was the same way until it was brought to my attention the very same way. I still work on a lot of DSM's despite my reputation... Even though people still talk shit about me, I could care less. 90% of those bad mouthing me, have never done business with me so why should I let it get to me? I would rather spend the time resolving issues with current customers or bettering my business in some way. I dont think I have had a negative outcome from a dsm customer in over 3 years... But people will continue to bad mouth. Oh well. Who cares.

You run a very large and successful business... You need to remember that and not let people that run their mouth get to you, obviously thats the buttons that they are looking to push to get you all worked up and it has been working.
Old 09-03-2012   #31
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Good Lord, don't you guys have anything better to do over a holiday weekend?
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #32
v8klla

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGST View Post
I understand... And I am not trying to "attack" you or your business so please do not take it like that. I have no place in telling you what to do or how to run your business.

Its just the way I see it and hopefully you understand that. I was the same way until it was brought to my attention the very same way. I still work on a lot of DSM's despite my reputation... Even though people still talk shit about me, I could care less. 90% of those bad mouthing me, have never done business with me so why should I let it get to me? I would rather spend the time resolving issues with current customers or bettering my business in some way. I dont think I have had a negative outcome from a dsm customer in over 3 years... But people will continue to bad mouth. Oh well. Who cares.

You run a very large and successful business... You need to remember that and not let people that run their mouth get to you, obviously thats the buttons that they are looking to push to get you all worked up and it has been working.
Very true, at least the car finally ran well on Friday, one less button to push! lol

Old 09-03-2012   #33
CornFed2.4

Drives: You crazy!
Send a message via AIM to CornFed2.4

You could do a 1000 positive things and 1 bad. 99% of the time people will remember you for the bad.
CornFed2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote