Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Old 04-22-2011   #1
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Drives: 94 Plymouth Acclaim/2008 EvoX
Alpha D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha D
Hey mlomker we got a problem here more like I HAVE A PROBLEM. . .long story short i wont be getting that gauge unfortunately. . .and dont want you holding it for me for no reason.
He committed to buying a wideband from me and failed to follow through.

I had three buyers willing to send me a Paypal from EvoXforum but I held it for him because he insisted that he'd meet up with me and pay cash within two days. He didn't.

I don't know him. I'm not saying he's a bad person but he's the second local that I've given some rope on a good deal and I feel like I got fucked.

From now on I'm going to take the "whoever gets me the money first" policy on stuff that I sell. I genuinely HATE selling stuff because I hate haggling and I HATE the fact that it forces me to not trust people.

kracka--It's official, Lomker sucks at chicks!
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011   #2
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart
Re: Alpha D

That's all you can do to be honest. To many flaky buyers out there. I went through the same thing with him with a handful of parts. I ended up saying the hell with it and selling it to other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #3
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Drives: 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Spooling Fiddy Trim Style

Ah come on! this makes me feel sucky ...pm send. . .and goodhart you had like so many weekends occupied. . .sorry guys i tore the spark plug threads out my head. . .sorry my power steering pump seized upon on me, and destroyed half my timing belt cover. . .sorry the bottom end noise i was having has been confirmed to be rod knock. . .sorry i plan ahead and have definite plans before sending request for parts. . . and if things dont work out well they dont work out. People should be able to give others the benefit of the doubt. Just like mlomker did. . . and safely assume people arent going to waste their time sending pms and asking for pictures and condition for items, if they are going to flake?! I mean who does that.

But were talking my motor being virtually done for needs to come out. . .and swapped. That just put me in a really bad mood and financial disadvantage is all. So i wanted to try and re allocate my funds.

I dont understand why especially good hart takes every opportunity to harp on me, its starting to really piss me off. It definitely does not make the site a very welcoming place. I realize it was a messed up move to have something put on hold for so long. I wouldnt even be upset if he (being mlomker) asked for a small fee or what not. Just dont take it out on others is all im asking. The rest is disclosed in the pm i send.

Last edited by Alpha D; 04-23-2011 at 12:21 AM..
Alpha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #4
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

Even if all that shit happened, its called common courtesy or just plain old respect to tell the guy holding shit for you that you had problems come up.

A simple text/phone call or PM would of kept mlomker happy I'm sure, disappointed but happy he could of sold it to someone else right away.

This scene is taking a dive for the worse I swear.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #5
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
From now on I'm going to take the "whoever gets me the money first" policy on stuff that I sell. I genuinely HATE selling stuff because I hate haggling and I HATE the fact that it forces me to not trust people.
That's the only way I sell stuff now; no dibs, no holding it...first person to put cash in my hand or Paypal in my account gets it. There are too many broke asses in this game to do it any other way...it's always the same story too, "I'll take it! Just gotta wait until I save up a few more paychecks..." That kind of BS and it makes me sick. If you can't afford to just buy the parts w/o saving up some paychecks or allowance from your parents then you probably shouldn't be in this hobby to begin with. Then again, that's pretty much why nearly all DSM's are constantly broken and just sitting around in pieces. Luckily X's are still expensive enough it protects you from a lot of buyers like that, but the problem is running rampant in the VIII/IX and RA communities too.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #6
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Drives: V10 Touareg, Beater Jetta, Evo IX

I've been on the opposite end of that too, where I've had cash in hand ready to buy and "oh, I'm holding it for this guy, but he can't get the money for x days." Then you sell it to me, fucker, that's how this shit works. Why punish the guy who's in a decent financial position because you're holding it for Mr. Emptybank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.
cmspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #7
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Agreed with Spaz! As a seller you need to take care of your needs before anyone else's.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #8
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Seems like there is no point in me saying much of anything...since every one doesnt see the fact I did comunicate everything....i did have the money in hand...heck I still have it... A wideband just wouldn't do me much good...once the plug comes through my hood....i totally agree with all thats being said, but then when some come out of no where its kind of hard too just sit there and not explain...

when selling my 16g I went out of my way to let the 1st person with No Money in hand test drive the car...why because it felt like the right thing to do...in the end he didnt even but ut after makung me wait two weeks ...so I understand if lomker is upset....

Talon I let u borrow tools for the fuel pump assembly yet you dont remember that for a guy that has done nothing but disrespected me from day one, wanted me of the board I still went out of my way to get you that small piece though insifnificant it wa important to you.

Anywhoos maybe im taking this to personal, but when you try to be a decent member on a forum you dont wanna be kniwn AS THAT GUY that goes around screwing people over, so my apologies to anyone that feels like ive screwed over.

Last edited by Alpha D; 04-23-2011 at 10:37 AM..
Old 04-23-2011   #9
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
Imagine this times however many parts from my evo8 part-out....I know I pissed some people off by selling stuff out from under them but cash is king and at some point $40 in your pocket is worth more than a $50 promise...just ask all of the mortgage holding banks going through shortsales and foreclosures
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #10
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha D View Post
Ah come on! this makes me feel sucky ...pm send. . .and goodhart you had like so many weekends occupied. . .sorry guys i tore the spark plug threads out my head. . .sorry my power steering pump seized upon on me, and destroyed half my timing belt cover. . .sorry the bottom end noise i was having has been confirmed to be rod knock. . .sorry i plan ahead and have definite plans before sending request for parts. . . and if things dont work out well they dont work out. People should be able to give others the benefit of the doubt. Just like mlomker did. . . and safely assume people arent going to waste their time sending pms and asking for pictures and condition for items, if they are going to flake?! I mean who does that.

But were talking my motor being virtually done for needs to come out. . .and swapped. That just put me in a really bad mood and financial disadvantage is all. So i wanted to try and re allocate my funds.

I dont understand why especially good hart takes every opportunity to harp on me, its starting to really piss me off. It definitely does not make the site a very welcoming place. I realize it was a messed up move to have something put on hold for so long. I wouldnt even be upset if he (being mlomker) asked for a small fee or what not. Just dont take it out on others is all im asking. The rest is disclosed in the pm i send.

I gave you at least 3 chances to come on up and buy the whopping $120 worth (or whatever it was) of parts from me and missed out on more than one potential buyer because of it. All you had to do is give me a call and tell me you weren't going to make it up, or that you were no longer interested. Heck, for all I know, you would still be interested in those parts LOL! A quick phone call goes a long ways. In my opinion having car trouble is a piss poor excuse. You don't just NOT show up to work cause you have car trouble do you? No, you give them a call and let them know you won't be in. Give others the same courtesy.

Yes I was busy a lot of weekends, but I was also free a lot of weekends and I have yet to hear of any other people having a problem with me as far as my whole part out went (I did sell all but a few parts to locals). I didn't spread any lies or slander about you, simply the truth, so I am not sure why you are so upset over this whole thing. I'm not out to make anyone look like a jackass, just to warn others before they waste their time as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.

Last edited by goodhart; 05-03-2011 at 07:36 AM..
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #11
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

Alpha D PMed about buying some parts. He contacted me more than once, and I was pretty lazy about it. I finally said I'd be available a certain time and day, and he showed up with cash in hand. After he went shopping through my parts, and I tossed in a few freebies, I was a happy seller and he was a happy buyer. I had a positive experience with Alpha D.
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #12
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

I wouldnt make this out to be a Huge deal. Its not like he got parts and didnt pay for them, or the like.
Learned a long time ago, hold it for a day or two max if you want to be nice, otherwise, if someone else has cash in hand take it and run.
Shit happens, lets kiss and make up, Alpha, to the best of my memory, has never went out of his way to screw someone, (besides the mindfuck that is his grammer and spelling). Everyone just needs to chill out a bit, Lomker, sucks that you wasted time like that, but there will be plenty of other buyers out there that will buy it off of ya.
just my opinion.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011   #13
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Thank you to those with the positive comments! Personally, a reputation simply put still means something to me. Most people don't care about what peoples perception of them is. . . .I do. Style is a small community so id rather not go around pissing everyone off ect.

Regarding Goodhart sorry for the time of yours that was wasted. Ill make sure to improve my communication to any future buyers, and or sellers of parts. Simple as that. I dont think there is much of any point in going back and forward about how valid my excuses are ect. Everyone will always have different perception, or view point of a situation. So I guess you cant please everyone.