MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 04-07-2007   #1
myslow00transam

Send a message via AIM to myslow00transam Send a message via MSN to myslow00transam Send a message via Yahoo to myslow00transam
Over Boost

Hey everyone I am Jerry new to this site i actually am an owner or twincitiesracin.com check it out but I drive a 1996 talon tsi awd and cannot get it to stop over boosting the only this i have is a manual boost controller and a blow off valve i took the turbo off yesterday the turbo was good no shaft play and was clean i evan hooked up the wastegate to the factory silonoid that controls the wastgate and it still over boosted i am soo lost and confused this car is my only driver i have and i have a funeral tomorrow out of town so i dont know what to do. I am looking for some ideas maybe the wastegate or something not sure well i will not be by the computer today but if u want please call me with some ideas or other questions 763 354 8316 Jerry sorry I am desperate to get it fixed thanks for ur help everyone
myslow00transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #2
BKs50trimGST
Post whore

Send a message via AIM to BKs50trimGST
Re: Over Boost

read the thread before yours, because your probably having the same problem as me, so read it... check your MBC, if not that, then its your wastegate.
BKs50trimGST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #3
mdost03

Sonic Champion!
Drives: VA STI

I would do a boost leak test and make sure the wastegate is opening at the pressure level that it is suppose to open at.
mdost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #4
myslow00transam

Send a message via AIM to myslow00transam Send a message via MSN to myslow00transam Send a message via Yahoo to myslow00transam

i have tried everything i know how to do i am not a turbo person this is the first one i have had and well what sucks is my moms funeral is tomorrow in grand rapids so i am desperate for help with it i just dont know what to do anymore i think something is just not hooked up right but i could be wrong
Old 04-07-2007   #5
BKs50trimGST
Post whore

Send a message via AIM to BKs50trimGST

if i were you just be easy on the car, drive slower, and try not to boost the car, that's all i'm doing right now, well until i fix my little problem.... and try to work on your grammar, I still have this problem, but damn dude.
BKs50trimGST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #6
myslow00transam

well actually i fixed my problem i had unhooked my bov from its vacume source and my car is running perfect very wierd but cool so i am gonna go drive itg for a bit and see how it does talk to u all later
Old 04-09-2007   #7
92EvilTalon
3.1L v6 power...

Pit Stop Challenge Champion!
Send a message via AIM to 92EvilTalon

Wow unhooked your BOV. Thats new. Well here is the deal...your BOV should have one line running from the intake Manifold. Not off the TB but the intake. Your wastegate line should come off the Turbo outlit pipe on the downpipe that runs to the bottem of your MBC then another line runs to the Wastegate it self. Thats how you should have your vac lines run. Go to www.vfaq.com for photos. Hope this helps.

At LSE Performance: 92 Talon TSi AWD
Driving a: 93 Ford Festiva L 5spd
92EvilTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #8
Pushit2.0
15min late to the world

I would check all your vac line routing and if it still does it:
run a line from the compressor housing to the waste gate, if it still runs to much boost check your waste gate actuator with a pressure tester should be full open in the 10-15psi range. If all that does not fix it then you need to port out the waste gate hole and/or try a different o2 housing (either a LIPP or similar).

~John