MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2010   #1
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo
Slicks and Tire Sizes

I've been thinking of picking up a set of track tires and wheels.I pretty much have my mind set on the Rota Slipstreams for the wheels, but don't really know what do get for slicks. Which leads me to the next couple questions.

I was looking at some gear calculators to try help me figure out what size tires would be ideal. I used this website, http://locost7.info/gearcalc.php as the gear calculator and http://www.vfaq.com/mods/Trannies.html for the ratios. The car is a 2g manual awd so I was using 4.929 as the final drive and evo/gvr4 ratios for first through fourth gear, as that is what I have.
Do those number they provide seem right?

Going off those numbers and my goal is to trap 150, a 26" tire seems to be the way to go. Right? If those numbers are right and I'll probably try and keep my stock motor together for a few more track trips, I'd hate to rev this thing out much past 8k if I don't have to.

Also does anybody have any good experience with a certain slick, or cheater slick?

I know M&H does a bad ass thing where when you order 4 slicks they go around the warehouse and pick 4 slicks that as close to eachother as they can get. Shane has a set of 24.5 on slip streams and they seem like a nice tire and are very light weight. Does anybody have any experience with the M&H racemaster or the M&H cheater slick?

It also seems like a lot of the dsm guys run the Hoosier quick time pros. I kind of like the QTP as I've seen a lot of threads about them, and people seem to have decent luck with them. Anybody have any experience with any Hoosier tire at all?

So if anybody has any experience with slicks or some "cheater" dot slicks or good threads that I can read up on, please post up.

Thanks in advance!
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote