Go Back   MitsuStyle > Hosted Support Forums > Modern Automotive Performance

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010   #41
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: Modern Automotive Performance

wow, this is a surprise.

My most negative was the other day, the big man almost killed me for not coming to him for a wideband, but he was right I didn't realize how cheap they are new.

I thought widebands were like $350 brand new, he has a bunch around $200.
I'm going to pick up some widebands next week!
Thanks for making me see the light, even if i was a little scared. lol
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
Old 06-08-2010   #42
v8klla

Send a message via ICQ to v8klla Send a message via AIM to v8klla

I believe we loosened the bell housing, but again, this was over a year ago now. We really should have talked closer to this occurrence if you were so upset about the situation.
E: chris@maperformance.com

We want your business! Please contact me directly for a quote or stop by the facility for a quick tour!
Old 06-08-2010   #43
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Well, I was quite clearly told that a refund was out of the question, so I never bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
Old 06-08-2010   #44
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8klla View Post
We really should have talked closer to this occurrence if you were so upset about the situation.
This is seriously the best lesson to learn when dealing with any vendor. If there is a problem, bring it to their attention and work it through until you're at least somewhat satisfied with the solution. It is so often that problems/issues are brought up months/years after the fact and the vendor knew nothing of it before that point. Passive-aggressive posts online solve nothing, face-to-face meetings solve lots.
Old 06-08-2010   #45
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

There's more than just the tranny that's part of turning the rear wheels.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Old 06-08-2010   #46
rocket2g
Banned

Drives: 2g

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides
If you make a post like that, prepare to get banned.

What's your deal?

-scheides

WAIT? whats my deal? everyones talkin about getting screwed, and i cant voice my opinion about 8 grand in parts that were fucked up? what about the respect? ZERO from fags supporting modern. everyone else gets to post all this fucking shit, and modern got to 'recover' from some of the unsatisfied customers, but had no efforts and fixing thier mistakes with me, except laugh at me, customer service forwarding emails from me to every worker at modern, LAUGHING. so unprofessional, AFTER they got my money. go ahead and BAN me. i would care less returning to this 'mom and pop' rule ran forum, just like mom and pop credit card shop like modern. HA. give a fuck less,

haha wow keep cleaning my post up. protect ur boys from modern! dont let everyone kno what REAL kind of service there PROVIDING. GO TO DB HA. cant voice my opinions like everyone else cuz i havent sucked admin dick at every wednesday meet. FUCK U GUYS, I DONT GIVE A FUCK, BAN THE FUCK OUTA ME, dont mean i wont be by with both cars so FAST, ill make sure im causing MOOCKERIES at meets, burnouts, I dont care. FUCK THIS SITE

scheides- keep deleting post to hide vender FUCK UPS, and the low traffic this site gets, got picked on in high school, fat with a mohawk, thought he could control some DSM guys on a forums, become a cop? regardless GET FUCKED

Last edited by rocket2g; 06-08-2010 at 05:20 PM..
Old 06-08-2010   #47
98gstaherns
I need boost in my life

Drives: '14 chevy 1500
Send a message via AIM to 98gstaherns

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket2g View Post
WAIT? whats my deal? everyones talkin about getting screwed, and i cant voice my opinion about 8 grand in parts that were fucked up? what about the respect? ZERO from fags like supporting modern. everyone else gets to post all this fucking shit, and modern got to 'recover' from some of the unsatisfied customers, but had no efforts and fixing thier mistakes with me, except laugh at me, customer service forwarding emails from me to every worker at modern, LAUGHING. so unprofessional, AFTER they got my money. go ahead and BAN me. i would care less returning to this 'mom and pop' rule ran forum, just like mom and pop credit card shop like modern. HA. give a fuck less,

haha wow keep cleaning my post up. protect ur boys from modern! dont let everyone kno what REAL kind of service there PROVIDING. GO TO DB HA. cant voice my opinions like everyone else cuz i havent sucked admin dick at every wednesday meet. FUCK U GUYS, I DONT GIVE A FUCK, BAN THE FUCK OUTA ME, dont mean i wont be by with both cars so FAST, ill make sure im causing MOOCKERIES at meets, burnouts, I dont care. FUCK THIS SITE

this should be good.
Old 06-08-2010   #48
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

^truth.

Rocket 2g,
I'm available all day tomorrow should be 80 and dry for you to whoop on with your fast cars.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
Old 06-08-2010   #49
tehehodi
Braaaaaaaap!

Drives: '09 Silveraydo
Send a message via AIM to tehehodi

Ibtl!
Old 06-08-2010   #50
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

This needs to be ironed out before MAP gets labeled as the new SBR. I'm willing to bet we've all had issues with MAP (I myself even have an outstanding issue with them) but cleaning up such a thread and hiding the dirt isn't going to solve anything.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Old 06-08-2010   #51
rocket2g
Banned

Drives: 2g

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt d. View Post
this needs to be ironed out before map gets labeled as the new sbr. I'm willing to bet we've all had issues with map (i myself even have an outstanding issue with them) but cleaning up such a thread and hiding the dirt isn't going to solve anything.

thank you.
Old 06-08-2010   #52
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638

True, but there's a PROFESSIONALISM that can go a LONG way when making posts regarding said issues. Talking like a tool out of your dirty asshole only reflects the quality of a man's character, and will be judged as such.
Black 1GB Mafia #1
744AWHP/526TQ-Shootout mode
639.6AWHP/452TQ-DB's dyno

I wanna go fast.
Old 06-08-2010   #53
TalonFiero
moonshine power

Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion! Mine Sweeper Champion!
Drives: 08 Saab 9-7x Aero
Send a message via AIM to TalonFiero

Awesome, so angry! Good luck Rocket 2g, hard to empathize with your situation with garbage like that.

Last edited by TalonFiero; 06-08-2010 at 05:47 PM..
Old 06-08-2010   #54
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty1638 View Post
True, but there's a PROFESSIONALISM that can go a LONG way when making posts regarding said issues. Talking like a tool out of your dirty asshole only reflects the quality of a man's character, and will be judged as such.
rocket2g needs to read this a few times over.

I wasn't privy to his situation, and now that I'm informed I do not believe he will be around much longer.

As for my issue, it was a misunderstanding. Yay for special order parts.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Old 06-08-2010   #55
v8klla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
rocket2g needs to read this a few times over.

I wasn't privy to his situation, and now that I'm informed I do not believe he will be around much longer.

As for my issue, it was a misunderstanding. Yay for special order parts.
Sorry for the confusion Matt, again if you ever have an issue just touch base with me and I'll get you squared away!

We want your business! Please contact me directly for a quote or stop by the facility for a quick tour!
Old 06-08-2010   #56
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Im sure we all have had issues here and there. But from the sounds of it some of you really get pissed off, throw your hands up and say im going to talk shit about them on a forum. There is a way to deal with vendors and a way not to. Rocket2g is a prime example of letting emotions get in the way of a solution.
A lot of times especially with delays in parts getting in or problems with ordering the wrong parts, its not the shops fault. and so yelling is going to solve nothing, Patience and actually WORKING WITH the shop as opposed to AGAINST the shop will do nothing for you.
In my dealings with map over the past couple years, any issue i have had was handled very well by chris and his staff. All i had to do was ask. At times i even felt that I was asking for status too much, but everything got resolved and when chris found out it was going to be another couple months before i would get my pistons, i told him i found a good deal on some used ones, he issued a refund same day and everything went great from there.
Rocket2g, where you are mistaken coming on here and yelling and spouting off threats here and there that we are covering up for map is ridiculous, if MAP was screwing up on a daily or the majority opinion was that they were not a good vendor, they wouldnt BE a vendor. But the majority opinion is that they deal with their problems as long as you are cooperative. If you arent willing to work through your issues then its entirely your fault. And please do show up to the wednesday meets, it would be nice to see a boxing match and create some excitement.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
Old 06-08-2010   #57
93gtpeater

Drives: cbr 1000rr repsol

This is for v8killa. I would of taking a refund. But it would cost me more money to do a dam refund. Since I paid cash. So I would have to come to your shop to get my money back I would have to take time off work. That costs me money. Since I work 8 to 530 and my work is in stillwater. That leaves me no time to run out to you guys. You aren't open on a Saturday. Plus the gas I would have to use to drive out to your shop. Its 45 min one way. You guys say you can meet custmors at the shop on saturdays or sundays if needed. I called for some parts that I needed to purchase. But you said sorry we are open Monday thru Friday. I have tried a couple of times to arrange time on a Saturday to go out there and buy and order parts. But you didn't have the time tohelp me out. We talked on the phone about my oil line fuck up. And you said you help me out. But you failed. I tried 2 times for sure mabe 3. Oh don't have a credit card so I can't just order that shit off your site. Oh and on GOODHARTs tranny deal. If he was missing the dowel pins on the car for the tranny. Everytime he pushes the clutch in it would put a lot of pressure on the bolt closes to the slave clyinder. And it will snap after a little bit of driving. I know from the past. If he drove it to your shop and home with out that bolt snapping he's dowel pins had to be in there. And are sure you gave him the right tranny that was good. It could be easy for you guys to mess that up.
Old 06-08-2010   #58
v8klla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gtpeater View Post
This is for v8killa. I would of taking a refund. But it would cost me more money to do a dam refund. Since I paid cash. So I would have to come to your shop to get my money back I would have to take time off work. That costs me money. Since I work 8 to 530 and my work is in stillwater. That leaves me no time to run out to you guys. You aren't open on a Saturday. Plus the gas I would have to use to drive out to your shop. Its 45 min one way. You guys say you can meet custmors at the shop on saturdays or sundays if needed. I called for some parts that I needed to purchase. But you said sorry we are open Monday thru Friday. I have tried a couple of times to arrange time on a Saturday to go out there and buy and order parts. But you didn't have the time tohelp me out. We talked on the phone about my oil line fuck up. And you said you help me out. But you failed. I tried 2 times for sure mabe 3. Oh don't have a credit card so I can't just order that shit off your site. Oh and on GOODHARTs tranny deal. If he was missing the dowel pins on the car for the tranny. Everytime he pushes the clutch in it would put a lot of pressure on the bolt closes to the slave clyinder. And it will snap after a little bit of driving. I know from the past. If he drove it to your shop and home with out that bolt snapping he's dowel pins had to be in there. And are sure you gave him the right tranny that was good. It could be easy for you guys to mess that up.
We could have sent you your refund via check to save you the trip. And yes, I'm sure he received the correct transmission.

Old 06-08-2010   #59
tpunx99GSX

Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Goodhart,
How did you check that only the front wheels where moving..... Because i was just out in my garage, currently my car has only the front wheels up in the air. and the car is in 1st gear, The front tires will rotate. Granted one wheel is going one direction and the other going the opposite direction. Which is normal for our cars. Im really hoping this wasnt the way you checked that only the front tires were rotating.
Did you put the car in the air on all four jackstands and put the car in gear while running? Did you put it on an AWD Dyno? Did you do a smokey burnout? Were you sure the Tcase wasnt messed up?
A little description of how you came to the conclusion that the tranny was messed would be helpful in this situation.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.

Last edited by tpunx99GSX; 06-08-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Old 06-08-2010   #60
tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gtpeater View Post
Oh and on GOODHARTs tranny deal. If he was missing the dowel pins on the car for the tranny. Everytime he pushes the clutch in it would put a lot of pressure on the bolt closes to the slave clyinder. And it will snap after a little bit of driving. I know from the past. If he drove it to your shop and home with out that bolt snapping he's dowel pins had to be in there. And are sure you gave him the right tranny that was good. It could be easy for you guys to mess that up.
Missing dowel pins wont cause the bolts to snap, think about what they are there for. on my gst on a ACT 2900 clutch i didnt have the dowel pins in and it worked fine. When you are missing BOLTs, thats when engagement issues arise. But then you wont be able to actually put it in gear because when you push in the clutch it causes the tranny to seperate from the engine. (know from personal exp). The dowel pins do nothing but allow a point to line up the tranny, and extra strength from the tranny trying to rotate against the block.
Closed Thread