MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Old 08-30-2012   #1
dsm_talontsi

Drives: 91 Eclipse GST
The DSM Graveyard

I want to say that this is a bad guy, but its not completely graveyard's fault. I ordered arps, balance shaft elimination kit, and a oe mitsu head gasket. they said it should be to me in a week at the most. So I waited about 2 weeks, and nothing. So I decided to call them and figure out whats going on. No answer the first 10 times I called within a 3 day period. Finally got ahold of them and they said that mitsu had a back order on the head gasket. They gave me a coupon for 10% off my next order with free upgraded shipping, and told me it should all get to me within another 3 days. So I waited and waited and after another week and a half, still nothing. Decided to call them again, no answer just like last time. By this time I was getting very irritated because I had no idea what was even going on. They finally called me back after leaving a couple messages on the voicemail. Told me they were very sorry and after I bitched at them about the huge wait on my parts, they said they would credit my money back for the hg, and send me a felpro composite hg for free. I agreed because I wanted my parts asap. They said by friday at the latest it should be to me.(it was tuesday when I talked to them). Saturday I got a package, opened it and all I seen was my arps. So I waited until Monday and finally after waiting a month total, I got the rest of my parts. But when I opened the package with the hg and bs elimination kit, the hg they sent me was the permatorque. So I suppose after all the time waiting, and going through bs to get my parts, it kinda paid off. I got the permatorque for free, and my money back for the hg I ordered.

I dont know whether or not to say they are a good guy or bad guy, but I do know that dsmghost had the same problem with Graveyard taking forever getting him his parts. All I know is that I will probably not be going back to them for parts if I dont feel like waiting a long ass time!

Anyone else have any input on this?
dsm_talontsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #2
GsXtUrBo98

Drives: 98 GSX, 04 is300
Send a message via AIM to GsXtUrBo98
Re: The DSM Graveyard

I ordered my rear axles from them and got them in 4 business days. Sorry to hear about the bad experience with them but mine was positive.

GSX 463awhp 363awtq on DB!
GsXtUrBo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #3
93gtpeater

Drives: cbr 1000rr repsol

Why didnt you order from map? They claim to be the best to get parts from.
93gtpeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #4
Constant_Project21

Drives: E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsXtUrBo98 View Post
I ordered my rear axles from them and got them in 4 business days. Sorry to hear about the bad experience with them but mine was positive.
Are you sure this was dsm graveyard? I know theres a junkyard for dsms on tuners called Mitsubishi Graveyard, that sells a bunch of OE parts. Just wondering since people mix those 2 up, and mitsu graveyard has a pretty good reputation.
Constant_Project21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #5
CornFed2.4

Drives: You crazy!
Send a message via AIM to CornFed2.4

I still haven't received some of my fuel line stuff from STM and I ordered that shit in may/June. And said it was my fault I order -10an in and out filter when everything else on my order was -6an. Over a $400 bill just in fuel stuff and gaskets.

2 weeks seems like a walk in the park. Just saying
CornFed2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #6
GsXtUrBo98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Project21 View Post
Are you sure this was dsm graveyard? I know theres a junkyard for dsms on tuners called Mitsubishi Graveyard, that sells a bunch of OE parts. Just wondering since people mix those 2 up, and mitsu graveyard has a pretty good reputation.
Yes www.thedsmgraveyard.com

Old 08-31-2012   #7
dsmghost

Drives: 1gb Talon TSi AWD
Send a message via Yahoo to dsmghost

When ordering parts from any website, the best thing to do is call and place your order, vs. online ordering. If you call, you can ask if they have the parts in stock, most shipping delays are caused because you ordered something they don't have in stock. When you place an online order on something they sell but don't have stocked, they have to order it and wait to get the part, when they get the part they still have to mail it to you, so it can take longer than expected. From now on, I will only call to place orders, if they don't answer i expect they have shitty customer service and I try the next place and always ask if the parts I need are in stock. I have made multiple orders from thedsmgraveyard.com and some have arrived on time and some much later than expected. Worst of all was dsmparts.com thats a definite no-no
dsmghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #8
GsXtUrBo98

I actually did order over the phone..

Old 09-01-2012   #9
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Drives: V10 Touareg, Beater Jetta, Evo IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsXtUrBo98 View Post
I ordered a rear axle from them as well a number of years ago, ordered online, they sent an email reply stating they did not have any in stock but had a couple parts cars coming in within a week and would get back to me then. A week or so later I got an email stating they had the axle I was looking for, a few days following that it was at my door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.
cmspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #10
CornFed2.4

Drives: You crazy!
Send a message via AIM to CornFed2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFed2.4 View Post
I still haven't received some of my fuel line stuff from STM and I ordered that shit in may/June. And said it was my fault I order -10an in and out filter when everything else on my order was -6an. Over a $400 bill just in fuel stuff and gaskets.

2 weeks seems like a walk in the park. Just saying
STM finally made it right I received a full refund via paypal this morning for the parts missing and the parts I returned.

So not 100% was lost but will stick with ostar motorsports and DB for the local stuff from now on.

Just thought I'd post a response since I bashed them a little for bad customer service.
CornFed2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #11
2g Monson

Drives: 1995 Eclipse GST

I say a thumbs down to DSM Graveyard, I ordered axles from them and received them after waiting 5 months. I called numerous times, and was lucky to get through a couple times to hear my order was misplaced and would receive it in 2 to 3 weeks. That didn't happen, then got the run around as to where my order was after a month. The phone always went to a voicemail and they never returned my messages. I didn't get a 10% off, free shipping or even an apology. I think they have a funny way of treating a customer if they want to have a solid reputation.
2g Monson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #12
punxnotdead185

Drives: 95 AWD Mirage Coupe with AIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm_talontsi View Post
I want to say that this is a bad guy, but its not completely graveyard's fault. I ordered arps, balance shaft elimination kit, and a oe mitsu head gasket. they said it should be to me in a week at the most. So I waited about 2 weeks, and nothing. So I decided to call them and figure out whats going on. No answer the first 10 times I called within a 3 day period. Finally got ahold of them and they said that mitsu had a back order on the head gasket. They gave me a coupon for 10% off my next order with free upgraded shipping, and told me it should all get to me within another 3 days. So I waited and waited and after another week and a half, still nothing. Decided to call them again, no answer just like last time. By this time I was getting very irritated because I had no idea what was even going on. They finally called me back after leaving a couple messages on the voicemail. Told me they were very sorry and after I bitched at them about the huge wait on my parts, they said they would credit my money back for the hg, and send me a felpro composite hg for free. I agreed because I wanted my parts asap. They said by friday at the latest it should be to me.(it was tuesday when I talked to them). Saturday I got a package, opened it and all I seen was my arps. So I waited until Monday and finally after waiting a month total, I got the rest of my parts. But when I opened the package with the hg and bs elimination kit, the hg they sent me was the permatorque. So I suppose after all the time waiting, and going through bs to get my parts, it kinda paid off. I got the permatorque for free, and my money back for the hg I ordered.

I dont know whether or not to say they are a good guy or bad guy, but I do know that dsmghost had the same problem with Graveyard taking forever getting him his parts. All I know is that I will probably not be going back to them for parts if I dont feel like waiting a long ass time!

Anyone else have any input on this?
Sometimes getting OEM parts from Mitsubishi can be a pain, I ordered a turbine outlet gasket like 3 weeks ago through MAP and it still hasn't came in, not MAP's fault being they put the order into Mitsubishi the same day but Mitsu is just super slow sometimes.
punxnotdead185 is offline   Reply With Quote