MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Old 07-02-2009   #21
Constant_Project21

Drives: E36
Re: jhaan_dude is a good guy

Just thought that I would thank Julian again, he came over the other day and even though it was my motors fault for my turbo going out, he still fixed it free of charge. Also stayed a little while longer to help out dane get his 1g running the way its supposed to (and finding the mystery vacuum leak...haha). Dane would like to extend a thanks to you Julian. Looking forward to doing business with you in the future as well.
Constant_Project21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #22
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Julian rebuilt the center section of my turbo today, he's a good guy in my book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009   #24
blackrosenova400

In regards to the posting I had made a link too, regardless of the difference of opinions pertaining to why the turbo keeps blowing thrust plates, jhaan has stood by it and replaced what was destoyed each time, costing him a good chunk of money, which is pretty good of him.
blackrosenova400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #25
GREASEMONKEY
Banned

Moon Lander Champion!
Drives: 92 TSi
Send a message via AIM to GREASEMONKEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaan_dude View Post
no, i gave him a scm6152e rebuilt center cartridge, with gt35r intake and exhaust housings. so the turbo was just fine!

and as for the magnus intake, this bastard has no idea whats going on. all he does is start shit on a forum he was almost banned on! i bought the magnus from stephan (GREASEMONKEY). so unless stephan stole it then you just keep going with the lies!
I will vouch for Julian on buying a magnus from me, The way you could tell it was mine was because the #1 & #2 Runner have been re-welded a couple of times because of the shitty SBR FMIC i had on the car at the time..

If anyone thinks i stole it, You can contact me personally and i will show you the receipt for it.

And as far as that 2G he was selling i heard the whole story on that, Because i was going to buy it when the guy wasn't paying him. I think he was more then patient with you and i wouldn't refund you a dollar either.

I've delt with Julian a good few times and every time i've delt with him he has been very honest and a pleasure to deal with!

Just my.02, I dont like my name being brought up and there being confusion.

-Stephan
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #26
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6

Julian has some epic stories man. Cool person and awesome person to chat with. lol. thanks much for the Evo 3 man!
Old 09-21-2009   #27
4g63tcrazy
is Nashty

Drives: Cyborg from Japan

Bought a small 16g from him couple weeks ago. Turbo works great and he was nice. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2009   #28
2bar1g

Drives: .

I also bought a small16g from him a few months ago. Turbo worked awesome. Good guy, honest, and easy to deal with.
2bar1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009   #29
santa
Boost Spike

Drives: 93 talon Automagickinda....
Send a message via AIM to santa

He followed through with purchasing my flyhweel. thanks again for coming to pick it up at my work as I believe that worked out best for both of us since I live so far far far away.

Last edited by santa; 10-02-2009 at 03:50 PM..
santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009   #30
4seasons69

Drives: 1992 talon tsi 1995 corolla

well here is my experience with him. overall dealing with him was a breeze. followed through with everything he said he would do even seperated my exhaust mani from my old turbo. and overall seems like a nice guy.

his product on the other hand is mediocre. I barely drove 120 miles with the turbo I got from him and it's blowing oil and there is a bunch of shaft play.

so overall for customer service I give him a 9 out of 10 (he was a great guy to deal with)

for his product 6 out of 10

Last edited by 4seasons69; 10-02-2009 at 02:20 PM..
4seasons69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #31
jhaan_dude

Art of War Champion! Mario Tetris 3 Champion! Yeti 1 Greece Champion!
Drives: a car

i sent him a pm, told him he needs a restrictor.
jhaan_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #32
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Drives: Spyder GSX
Send a message via MSN to 95talonracer

Journal bearing should not need restrictors if oil pressure is in the normal range and if the turbo is properly built. I know that for a fact because I talked to the head guy at PTE themselves and he said. Now a BB turbo will and I got a restrictor for my pte BB turbo from PTE. The guy at Precision said that their journal bearing turbos like alot of oil since they are not water cooled. 4seasons69 just send it in to Precision and have it done right and correct the first time. They are great guys and are willing to explain things and work with you there.

Amsoil Dealer
95talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #33
jhaan_dude

yes it needs a restrictor! talk to blackrosenova about this! we have been down this road a million times! if you feed from the head you shouldnt need one, but if you feed from the filter housings you are seeing the full pressure from the pump plus massive volume. since the turbo has a open port on the oil channel it will just poor oil in there at high pressure causing it to blow by the exhaust seal! i had the same problems with blackrosenova's turbo 3 times before he put in a restrictor. now his turbo has zero issues. there is no more to talk about on this subject until i rebuilt it and he puts in a restrictor!
Old 10-02-2009   #34
blackrosenova400

Actually after it started to smoke again the second time, I did run a .078 restrictor the third time. It didnt run very long before it had in/out play again. Then this time i messaged a bunch of Garrett representatives and figured out a .110 would be the best restrictor with my specific source oil pressure. Then you put in a 360 thrust and I put the turbo back in, now Im running over 30 and shes holding like a rock.
Old 10-02-2009   #35
4seasons69

Drives: 1992 talon tsi 1995 corolla

I was a little upset last night when I posted that so I edited it and think it's more than a fair review. I didn't mean to bash you in anyway just giving an honest review.
4seasons69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009   #36
santa
Boost Spike

Drives: 93 talon Automagickinda....
Send a message via AIM to santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95talonracer View Post
Journal bearing should not need restrictors if oil pressure is in the normal range and if the turbo is properly built. I know that for a fact because I talked to the head guy at PTE themselves and he said. Now a BB turbo will and I got a restrictor for my pte BB turbo from PTE. The guy at Precision said that their journal bearing turbos like alot of oil since they are not water cooled. 4seasons69 just send it in to Precision and have it done right and correct the first time. They are great guys and are willing to explain things and work with you there.
Kerry I agree 100%. I spoke with the lead rebuild guy at pte. He also said my turbo (standard journal 360degree bearing) wants as much oil as I can get it. I wrecked two of my current 67's feeding from the head. He told me go directly from the oil filter housing with NO RESTRICTOR. since then I've had the turbo on my car for 3,000 miles and it has absolutly 0 shaft play and does not push a drop of oil out of either sides of the turbo.
Old 10-02-2009   #37
blackrosenova400

How big is your drain line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
Kerry I agree 100%. I spoke with the lead rebuild guy at pte. He also said my turbo (standard journal 360degree bearing) wants as much oil as I can get it. I wrecked two of my current 67's feeding from the head. He told me go directly from the oil filter housing with NO RESTRICTOR. since then I've had the turbo on my car for 3,000 miles and it has absolutly 0 shaft play and does not push a drop of oil out of either sides of the turbo.
Old 10-02-2009   #38
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
I agree. He was very firm on the fact that with PTE rebuilding the turbo, he wasted it to have alot of oil and told me that he almost wouldnt warranty it if i did run a restrictor. He said if i wanted to run a restrictor then get a ball bearing turbo, and so I ordered my BB turbo from him along with the restrictor.

Amsoil Dealer
Old 10-02-2009   #39
jhaan_dude

ok if this continues we need to start a thread containing it. kinda need to keep the person review thread to just that!
Old 10-02-2009   #40
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Um this is part of a review. People have to know what is going on.

Amsoil Dealer