Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Old 11-20-2007   #21
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: SLS - mixed feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonforce View Post
You should talk to your credit card company.
This is the best way to handle the situation. Let SLS deal with Visa if they have a problem with it.

If I were you I would demand your money back plus interest since they've been holding it for months. You might want to check into the laws, but I don't think they can actually charge you until the part ships.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #22
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Yeah, it is amazing how fast the CC company will take their money back. I worked on a case at my last job where a dealer had that happen and I was talking with the CC company. Basically the vendor is guilty until they prove their innocence, kind of messed up.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #23
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard

Great, another fucking SLOWBOY. What kind of "buisness" won't open the door for a customer? Fags.
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #24
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

How do you really feel? I can't believe they wouldn't let a customer in either though. That's just wrong.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #25
GnArKiLl

http://fargostreet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12590 here is why they wouldnt let anyone in... and i have delt with sls many times and been nothing but happy with them this kinda suprised me..
GnArKiLl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #26
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnArKiLl View Post
http://fargostreet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12590 here is why they wouldnt let anyone in... and i have delt with sls many times and been nothing but happy with them this kinda suprised me..
Yea and if Brandon was a new customer that would be different, but its BS to not let him in when he has a legit issue and isnt just some "tirekicker" in the front of the shop wasting their time. In my opinion SLS is the one wasting Brandons time dealing with crap like this.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #27
GnArKiLl

o yea i understand i just posted that up so everyone would know why they dont let ppl in
GnArKiLl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #28
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest

Yeah, it's pretty retarded to not have a store front. then again, it is fargo. Not to many people buying turbo manifolds locally.
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #29
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

I just got off the phone with someone named Matt a couple hours ago. He said he was going to email me some form of proof that the refund went through. Still haven't received the email. But he also said that these usually take anywhere from 5-10 days to show up on the account. It's been 7 so far, so we'll see.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #30
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Looks like I might be going to Moorhead this weekend if you want introduce them to my friend Cindy the Cinder
Old 11-21-2007   #31
SBR_240sx

Send a message via AIM to SBR_240sx

Let the card company handle it. That is the best way to handle it.
SBR_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #32
Halon
Pewp Champion

I want to see if their refund goes through before doing anything with my bank. It was bought with a Wells Fargo VISA Check Card. And over 4 months ago. Do you think it's too late by now?

PS, still no email from Matt, and still no money in the bank. I will be giving it until Monday, and then I will begin pursuing other options.

Last edited by Halon; 11-21-2007 at 04:09 PM..
Old 11-21-2007   #33
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
I want to see if their refund goes through before doing anything with my bank. It was bought with a Wells Fargo VISA Check Card. And over 4 months ago. Do you think it's too late by now?
Could be, its much harder to get a charge canceled if its not a real credit card.
Old 11-21-2007   #34
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

Mostly out of luck with the check cards. Real credit cards are the way to go with bigger purchases, more buyer protection.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #35
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

I'm pretty sure Wells Fargo has the same or similar buyer protection a standard card would have. Check and see, and if they do you have at least 6 months, usually a year. Once the set time frame is up they won't help. Whiel withing the time frame the company is forced to prove their side before they get their money back, and even getting it back can be a PITA for them. Sometimes that company is out another 3-12 months till they get the money back even when they have proven it's owed to them. YOu really tie the funds up when you do a charge back. Sadly I'm pretty familiar with the whoel process. Brandon, call the bank. Even if it's not on the account yet it will have hit their system and they will know if it's going to come through or not. Or they should. If it's not tell them you want to start the charge back process if you have the option.
Old 11-21-2007   #36
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

https://financial.wellsfargo.com/wff...a/en/step1.jsp might help find out what your card has for features.
Old 11-21-2007   #37
Halon
Pewp Champion

On the phone with Wells Fargo Fraud Department right now. I've basically read her the story right off my original post. She said I've definately done my part to correct this. She got ahold of one person at SLS, but not sure who exactly. The person said they simply do not know about my case, and that everyone else is out of the office. I will have a temporary credit given back to me from Wells Fargo, by midnight tonight. SLS has 45 days to respond with some sort of proof that they have already sent me the part, which obviouslly they won't have, because they haven't sent me a thing.

Now, hopefully THIS is the end of it.

Last edited by Halon; 11-21-2007 at 05:28 PM..
Old 11-22-2007   #38
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

I hope this thread serves as a reminder to all 'Style members not to ever purchase anything from SLS, just like the SBR thread did for SBR.

I have another friend that was ripped off by SLS when he purchased a car from them...but thats not my story to tell.
Old 11-22-2007   #39
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard

Yeah no shit; there are plenty of local shops that supply the same parts. And if push came to shove I am sure they would price match or close just to keep the buisness local. And if it was a custom part you want; if the local shops can't make it they could outsource it and probably get it quicker than you could anyway.
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #40
Halon
Pewp Champion

SLS, to me, is still local. They are 3 hours away, and just barely on the other side of the MN border. Maybe it's because I have lived other places where the closest Best Buy was 3 hours away, but to me, 3 hours for a place who makes beautiful manifolds, on a regular basis, for this specific car, is not that far away.

Now, as for the shops in the metro area, none of them advertise their own well built equal length DSM manifold, with a lifetime warantee. MAP advertises ones built by other shops, but for significantly more money then the pricing Nick at SLS gave me. Could our local metro shops make one? Sure they could. But it'd be more of a one off job, which in the end would probably cost me more money. While SLS makes these same ones regularly, has been making them for quite some time now, and sells them all over the country. It's not a one off item from them. They gave me a good price, and a lifetime warantee. I have full confidence in this manifold, and I think it will work very well. I would not have that same confidence if I had a manifold that was built by an outsourced shop, who probably has no knowledge of this specific car, and whom I've never heard of.

So, this is why I titled it "Mixed Feelings". I am extremely happy with my manifold purchase. I think I made a good choice there. But then I decided that since I was getting the manifold from them, that I might as well just get the wastegate at the same time. And that part of this order, well, it has been the 2nd worst transaction I've ever done with a DSM vendor (Taboo being the worst).

Last edited by Halon; 11-22-2007 at 12:47 PM..