Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010   #21
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: TkrPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneatsv8s View Post
You're telling me to do something that I suggested in the first place.
Wrong. You're attempting to remove it from Mark's possession. If you can't trust him, how is he to trust you? Either have it inspected by your brother, mom, aunt, uncle, cousin, etc. at his house, or ask him to bring it back to wherever he picked it up from for inspection there.

This whole thing reeks of shadiness to me. Removing a good running engine from a daily-driver and selling it for $200? In the end, I think Mark got exactly what he paid for.
Old 07-28-2010   #22
craig
wants to kick mark

Drives: Battery with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by A//// Guy View Post
This.

If it ran for mark for even a couple days, then it was sold "running." No reason to say its false advertising on the sellers part.
It was never installed he was breaking it down to transfer parts over from his evo and found out about the bearings and crank during this process. At no time was it shown to actually run correctly, as seeming he went through text or e-mail to try to work things out and at this time I don't see him bashing about on the board about it why are you?

The best buy remark is kinda funny with tech support and all, if that's the case then if they do find something wrong with it they generally either refund or replace the product.
Old 07-28-2010   #23
daneatsv8s

Drives: 91 Galant VR4, 97 Eclipse GSX, 91 Talon TSI

I sold the motor because it was taking up space in my garage. You are entitled to your opinion, so you and whoever else can say the situation is shady if you would like. And why wait for Mark to start his own thread? I would welcome him to reply in this thread and tell us of his experiences and his side of the story. Better yet, why doesn't Mark tell everyone how far stripped down the motor is? Or why he knows the bearings are shot? Pictures would be great too if that's not asking too much.
Old 07-28-2010   #24
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
It was never installed he was breaking it down to transfer parts over from his evo and found out about the bearings and crank during this process. At no time was it shown to actually run correctly, as seeming he went through text or e-mail to try to work things out and at this time I don't see him bashing about on the board about it why are you?

The best buy remark is kinda funny with tech support and all, if that's the case then if they do find something wrong with it they generally either refund or replace the product.
Sounds like the motor is all torn down then. Was the gameplan to return the motor fully assembled and back to the same spec, or post pictures of the carnage?
Old 07-28-2010   #25
jrohner

Drives: 91GSX; 98 GSX; 92 Tsi AWD; Kawasaki ZR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Removing a good running engine from a daily-driver and selling it for $200? In the end, I think Mark got exactly what he paid for.
7-bolt DSM engines just aren't worth much. I bought a short block for I think 200 with a bunch of extra stuff, spent a couple hundred more having it rebuilt for peace of mind.
Old 07-28-2010   #26
daneatsv8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
The whole point of this thread was to have the motor brought to a shop to be inspected, so that I COULD refund him his money.
Old 07-28-2010   #27
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
The whole point of this thread was to have the motor brought to a shop to be inspected, so that I COULD refund him his money.
The point of this thread seems to be you telling us what a bad guy Mark is. If Mark doesn't want to haul the engine all around town that is his choice. If you want it inspected, give him his $200 back and do it on your own dime and time (or your brother's).
Old 07-28-2010   #28
daneatsv8s

Since I am too shady to be trusted, why doesn't Mark call, text, email, or snail mail Scheides, schedule him a time for him to pick up the motor, have him drop it off at any reputable shop in the metro area, and have them take a look? Then if it is bad, then I will refund Mark his money like I intended to do in the first place. Or at this point would we still be worried that someone would take the 7 bolt and run away?
Old 07-28-2010   #29
daneatsv8s

I wanted it inspected so I could determine if it's bad or not for the sake of refunding Mark his money, surely you can understand this?
Old 07-28-2010   #30
blageo23
AWD4G64

Send a message via AIM to blageo23

Go back to the best buy thing... Would you expect best buy to come to your house because something you bought was defective. The fact he was willing to pick it up is beyond he call of duty.
Old 07-28-2010   #31
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
I wanted it inspected so I could determine if it's bad or not for the sake of refunding Mark his money, surely you can understand this?
Sure. How that is to be accomplished is between you and him.
Old 07-28-2010   #32
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blageo23 View Post
Go back to the best buy thing... Would you expect best buy to come to your house because something you bought was defective. The fact he was willing to pick it up is beyond he call of duty.
I'm sure Mark would be more than willing to bring it back to wherever he bought it from if he would get a refund.
Old 07-28-2010   #33
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but the 6-bolt that took the place of the 7-bolt, and the reason this thread exists, was built long before this transaction started with intention of putting in this car.

It's not like the OP just decided, hey I don't need this motor, lets swap in a 6 bolt. It was planned for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
Old 07-28-2010   #34
blageo23
AWD4G64

I assume that as well. But the fact that he is calling Dan a scammer because he doesn't like the terms of the return is pretty lame. It is up to the seller the terms of the return not the buyer (IMO)
Old 07-28-2010   #35
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
I'm sure Mark would be more than willing to bring it back to wherever he bought it from if he would get a refund.
Chris,

I think you are missing the point of the OP. He doesn't know Mark from Adam, you, me, or anyone on this forum. How is he to know if Mark is telling the truth?
The solution he offered is a viable one and in my opinion over the top.

Now Mark's concern is that he will be out the $200. Very understandable concern as well as he no longer trusts the OP, because of the faulty engine and in his opinion misrepresentation.

What should happen, to satisfy both parties, is for the OP to have $200 at the "shop" of choice ready to refund Mark. Mark should bring the engine to the shop (again, this is a used part, the OP could very well tell him "to bad so sad" and Mark would have no recourse at all). Once it is inspected, the winner and loser in the situation are determined. Essentially the shop would be playing judge on a civil court style manner.
Old 07-28-2010   #36
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Drives: 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Spooling Fiddy Trim Style

Marks rep and experience talks for him as veterans on this site obviously know. I would let him expect my motor to determine if its junk or not and trust what he says. We all have seen the work he does. So if he calls an engine junk it most likely is.
Old 07-28-2010   #37
daneatsv8s

Thank you. This is what I was trying to do to begin with, and it is nice to have someone actually understand the situation beyond "you are a scammer" or "this seems shady to me"
Old 07-28-2010   #38
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
Thank you. This is what I was trying to do to begin with, and it is nice to have someone actually understand the situation beyond "you are a scammer" or "this seems shady to me"
Is the agreed upon shop going to have the $200 cash in-hand ready to give back if the engine is found faulty as Swanny stated? If so, then that's a great solution!
Old 07-28-2010   #39
daneatsv8s

Um, the scammer says yes.
Old 07-28-2010   #40
blageo23
AWD4G64

And if you think about it like this:
Right now the motor is "junk" so he is out $200
If Dan took it and ran(which he wouldn't) he would be out $200
If Dan refuses refund he is out $200
Or if he took it somewhere he would be up $200(which is technically even)

And also if the money was paid via paypal why wouldnt something be happening there?
Closed Thread