MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Official MitsuStyle.com Topics

Old 02-04-2005   #341
dumb_ricer
Hates Everything

Drives: Neon
Send a message via AIM to dumb_ricer
Re: Official 2005 Challenge Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb_ricer
None of the high powered DSM's capable of 10's run long enough to actually run. Maybe a few nights at UNI, but never at the track before they break.
No MattD, here is what I first said, and you jumped on me saying I am living up to my name. If no one is even running 10's, then how the hell can you jump on me sayiing im living up to my name? Especially when most of the 11second cars break quite a bit too.

Dont get me wrong, I love DSM's and I think they are good cars, but the reliability simply isnt there with them for the most part. Not that it should be after you take 5 seconds off of the stock quarter mile times.

Okay, lets put this in a Power Perspective. How many people making the power to run into 11's or 10's actually make it there? Not many. Theres becoming quite a few 500-600whp cars, but none of them run long enough to make a clean pass down the track.

Last edited by dumb_ricer; 02-04-2005 at 11:06 AM..
dumb_ricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #342
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

WTF do you expect as far as reliability goes? We're pushing 500-600hp at the wheels and who knows how much at the crank and you expect them to never fall apart? Get a clue.

I'm jumping on you for living up to your name because YOU are the one throwing out this 10 second pass bullshit like that's all we claim to have ever been capable of doing. Most everyone is trying to be consistantly in the 11s and then going from there.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #343
dumb_ricer
Hates Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D.
WTF do you expect as far as reliability goes? We're pushing 500-600hp at the wheels and who knows how much at the crank and you expect them to never fall apart? Get a clue.

I'm jumping on you for living up to your name because YOU are the one throwing out this 10 second pass bullshit like that's all we claim to have ever been capable of doing. Most everyone is trying to be consistantly in the 11s and then going from there.
Not all of them do fall apart. I simply stated that very few DSM's can run reliable 10sec passes and you jumped on me for saying that and now your jumping on me for another reason. Internets fun.

*EDIT* And who is "were", I only see very few making 500plus WHP and you are not one of them.

From what I remember you went with a smaller faster spooling setup so you can auto-x and road race.

Last edited by dumb_ricer; 02-04-2005 at 11:24 AM..
Old 02-04-2005   #344
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

Quote:
From what I remember you went with a smaller faster spooling setup so you can auto-x and road race.
He lied.

You could also take a 10 second DSM and run 2 psi of boost and go out and beat on all the Hondas and Neons at the Midway or Rock Falls and be 100% reliable.
Old 02-04-2005   #345
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Hahah... Does this look like it'll spool fast to you?

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #346
Super Bleeder!!
Reynolds number user

Send a message via AIM to Super Bleeder!!

kevin, get in here and put your former classmate on timeout
04 E55 AMG
Super Bleeder!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #347
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Problem is, you cant talk shit about a kid in HS that drives a Neon when MattD drive a pontiac. Not equal stuff going on here. Just becuase matt has a dsm, which he has never driven, means he should talk in this thread either??

I dont understand that one. Who knows maybe dumb_ricer knows more than Matt about dsms... who knows.

I also understand what dumb ricer means. Im not making near 500hp and the car decides to shit every which way. DSMs in general are not reliable if you mod them at all. And its not becuase Im the one at fault.... its little things that are nusiances and problems, not just engines blowing up and trannys breaking.

Im with him when it comes to a majority of the people saying they will make X amount of HP and run a X time. No most people post in these threads every year, buy a whole shitload of parts and spend alot of time putting things together. They end up doing it only for the competition factor and end up parting the car out or selling it that fall, when its not even together yet...

Anyone know what I mean? We have these threads every year and look at the progress. Oh well, I guess Im a dumb ricer too haha.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #348
Super Bleeder!!
Reynolds number user

Send a message via AIM to Super Bleeder!!

red hoses!
04 E55 AMG
Super Bleeder!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #349
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Drives: GTS and E55

never mind

7/25/09
Motorcycle cop pulls up next to me on UNI and says "Want to race?"
Me- "I don't think you would stand a chance."
Cop says "probably not" and drives off.
slowbubblecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #350
Nash

Quote:
Really, show me EVERY Minnesota DSM that ran a 10 second timeslip last year. Now tell me how many were planning on running 10's. Yes, Chers car actually ran for a while and Nash, i know your car runs, but has it done a 10sec timeslip on the current setup yet?

Now tell me how many of the 10 and 11second capable cars actually ran long enough to DRIVE to the track, run the car without breaking, and DRIVE the car home. Please tell me I am wrong that there isnt more then 2.
Quote:
None of the high powered DSM's capable of 10's run long enough to actually run. Maybe a few nights at UNI, but never at the track before they break.
Can't you even read what you wrote? "capable". My car is capable of it. I have made more 11 seconds passes just about anyone on this board. My car has been towed back from the track one time. I went out to Ohio and made a few 11 passes and drove it home. I have been to CF and RF, made 11 passes my car was still driving after that. I can tell you are wrong about only 2 of us driving back from the track after making 11 second passes. JET, John, Cher, Tufte, Myself, and I know there is a couple more.
Old 02-04-2005   #351
dumb_ricer
Hates Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Can't you even read what you wrote? "capable". My car is capable of it. I have made more 11 seconds passes just about anyone on this board. My car has been towed back from the track one time. I went out to Ohio and made a few 11 passes and drove it home. I have been to CF and RF, made 11 passes my car was still driving after that. I can tell you are wrong about only 2 of us driving back from the track after making 11 second passes. JET, John, Cher, Tufte, Myself, and I know there is a couple more.

Yeah, I am well aware that some have done it, but most don't. Especially not the 10 second capable ones.

So tell me this, I know you can drive so why havent you hit the 10 second mark on your setup yet. You have quite a few passes on this setup under your belt if this is the setup your talking about, so whats your best time, and why not a 10 yet?
Old 02-04-2005   #352
slowHonduh
DSM Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D.
Hahah... Does this look like it'll spool fast to you?

yes it does
Old 02-04-2005   #353
Pushit2.0
15min late to the world

I ran an 11.06@128 the last day of the year, used 4 gallons of gas and 5 passes total. I did not break that day but I towed it just incase. I think I got towed home 3 or 4 times this year, my car breaks, whats it to you dumb ricer. If you want a fast car it will cost major $$ if you want a fast car thats "reliable" it will cost you even more money. Did you want a 10sec car that will never break, but when you fry your piston rings the car still runs good enough to pick up vin deisle. Go back to watching the FF dumb ricer.

~John
Old 02-04-2005   #354
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires

One thing you are not thinking about dumbricer... When you actually own a dsm(or for that matter any car) capable of running 11s or 10s, you know that things break. It's part of having a fast car... Its not that the car couldn't drive to and from the track, but it freakin sucks if something does go wrong at the track and you didn't trailor it... Those are the risks anyone with a fast car takes, when they build it. I daily drove mine, went to uni... and drove to the track. Unfortunatly, I had a freak 2.4 block in which the cylinder wall itself cracked... oh well, thats life... I will have another built block in the car this season and do it all over again. Who knows what will break this year... ? I agree with you and others, about the people who talk shit and don't do crap... but some of us do... and then deal with the consequences... thats just how it goes...
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #355
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Quote:
Now tell me how many of the 10 and 11second capable cars actually ran long enough to DRIVE to the track, run the car without breaking, and DRIVE the car home. Please tell me I am wrong that there isnt more then 2.
I drove my car most of the year last year. I also brought it out to the SO, broke it, fixed it and had it running in less than 24 hours. Is anybody really surprised a keyboard cowboy that runs 17's is talking trash? Kids.

Steve
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Last edited by Goat Blower; 02-04-2005 at 05:45 PM..
Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #356
dumb_ricer
Hates Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower
I drove my car most of the year last year. I also brought it out to the SO, broke it, fixed it and had it running in less than 24 hours. Is anybody really surprised a keyboard cowboy that runs 17's is talking trash? Kids.

Steve
How am I talking trash. It started out with me simply stating a damn near fact and has turned into this. I am well aware that shit breaks and doesnt go right. Everything I have said in this thread I would say in person as well, so my opinion on DSM's is different then yours, big deal.

Oh and on the all 11 and 10 second cars break, that is bullshit. There are MANY cars that do not break nearly as often and still run times similar.

Once again, I love DSMs and will probably own one at some point in time, BUT they are more problem prone then most other cars on the road.
Old 02-04-2005   #357
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard

Ahhhh FUCK!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leavetheinternet.jpg (23.6 KB, 231 views)
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #358
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard

I tried to cut you some slack earlier, but you just couldn't put down the shovel. You have to keep digging the hole deeper.

CRAIG
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #359
dumb_ricer
Hates Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIG
I tried to cut you some slack earlier, but you just couldn't put down the shovel. You have to keep digging the hole deeper.

CRAIG
Cut me slack for what? My opinions? You are not Mr. King Ruler either. Sure you have a "Moderator" status. If you are all so butthurt, then fucking prove me wrong, go out and run your slips THIS summer and i'll shut the fuck up, until then.... happy benchracing. And like cher said, blah blah blah.
Old 02-04-2005   #360
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey

I have not read every last post in this thread, which will probably backfire in my face, but oh well. From what I've seen, Craig needs to let dumb_ricer express his opinions a little bit more fairly and quite acting like he's hot shit because of his moderator status. Somewhere prior to me posting this it was said that dumb_ricer has done his research, what the fuck is wrong with him doing research and expressing his views? Just because he has a Neon and not a DSM means that he is a complete fucking moron? If I were you dumb_ricer, I would be telling a couple of the people in this thread to fuck off and get back to the point of this thread. I should also mention that I made a comment with the same general connotation as some of dumb_ricer's posts and not one single comment was made in reference to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey
Hell it's that way through DSM'ers also, but obviously not near as bad. As a whole, I do not believe a drag strip time or HP estimate until physically proven. I don't care if someone has a 2.4 with a SCM6152E turbo, may as well have a bone stock powertrain until one can show some numbers because estimates are worthless in my eyes.

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote