MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Official MitsuStyle.com Topics

Old 04-23-2005   #421
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
Re: Official 2005 Challenge Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
That and a lot of us are STILL broken!
Yep. Still in school and no time to work on it.
Old 04-23-2005   #422
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonFiero
I challenge Matt D to a race if and when his car moves under its own power. Nobody hold their breath on this one.
Gah... I just saw this now... I'm up for it. Better check your endplay.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005   #423
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

I'm calling Craig out! Me and you G funk, your gonna go down faster than Tom on a transvestite!
Old 05-10-2005   #424
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

If any of the faster guys want to go, let me know. Frum rolls are cool or from a dig too. I need to practice launches on the bike though

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #425
santa
Boost Spike

Drives: 93 talon Automagickinda....
Send a message via AIM to santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb_ricer
Ill give EVERYONE that runs a 10 second timeslip on this list THIS year 1 dollar, Excluding Shane.

I am willing to bet that MAYBE 25 percent of the cars on here get within 1 second of the time they are planning on running at the end of the year on big setups. The rest will either not make it to the track or break shit before they ever get a clean run in.

*Edit* For 3 pages I have been at the top of the page, kind of odd.
HaHa So what happen to all the Fast cars? Is anyone planning on takeing this kid up on his offer? I know my cars not running yet.

Kevin
Old 08-26-2005   #426
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

It's getting there! Trying to fix one other minor issue with mine. I think I am going to the Cedar Falls night drags next weekend.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #427
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

The snow will fly soon... tehehe
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #428
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Drives: GTS and E55

The car I was planning to run is not going to happen anymore. All I needed to do was order up a tranny, I had all the parts I needed

7/25/09
Motorcycle cop pulls up next to me on UNI and says "Want to race?"
Me- "I don't think you would stand a chance."
Cop says "probably not" and drives off.
slowbubblecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #429
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

I changed cars. *sigh*

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #430
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Drives: GTS and E55

This is John. I have a bike now. Does that 10 second pass count for me too?

7/25/09
Motorcycle cop pulls up next to me on UNI and says "Want to race?"
Me- "I don't think you would stand a chance."
Cop says "probably not" and drives off.
slowbubblecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #431
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Whoopeee. Some ricer offers up a buck, I'll go bust my balls to get my car ready.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #432
dumb_ricer
Hates Everything

Drives: Neon
Send a message via AIM to dumb_ricer

I never said you should bust your balls to get your car finished. Actually, I never told any of you to do anything. All I did was say that you people would either not have a running car or not make a clean pass. Thank you for proving my points even further. There's still some summer left. Who is going to make some challenges happen? I think Chris Carrey need's someone to race personally, who's up for it?

And whoever posted about the Bike........What kind of bike, and I'll let you know if I give you a dollar for a 10sec pass.

(This is all in good fun, like I said, I love DSM's, they just aren't a good reliable college car)
dumb_ricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #433
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb_ricer
(This is all in good fun, like I said, I love DSM's, they just aren't a good reliable college car)
If you care about that shit, don't ever bother getting a DSM. When they do work, they are really awesome cars. Personally, I feel like there is no other similar car I'd rather be driving. I'm hooked now! I love the way 1Gs look, the way they break, how some people are clueless as to what they are, etc. My $1's worth of my opinion.
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #434
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

The problem is that most people who own DSMs aren't rich. We start with older cars and don't put the best parts on to begin with to make sure there isn't future failure and when something goes wrong, we don't always have the money to get it fixed soon. If you are rich, you buy a Supra or Z06 or whatever and send it to SP or Doug Rippie along with $50,000 or so and hopefully get a car back that won't break right away. And when it does you send it back to them with more money and don't have to worry about getting your hands dirty or taking up any of your time. If DSMs couldn't hang with the big boys, then we wouldn't even try to push them this far and we wouldn't think they are so unreliable. If someone came out with a 600whp Saturn and it broke something, everyone would think, "Of course something went, it's a Saturn making 600HP, that's crazy.", but with a DSM they are just unreliable.
Old 08-27-2005   #435
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli
The problem is that most people who own DSMs aren't rich. We start with older cars and don't put the best parts on to begin with to make sure there isn't future failure and when something goes wrong, we don't always have the money to get it fixed soon. If you are rich, you buy a Supra or Z06 or whatever and send it to SP or Doug Rippie along with $50,000 or so and hopefully get a car back that won't break right away. And when it does you send it back to them with more money and don't have to worry about getting your hands dirty or taking up any of your time. If DSMs couldn't hang with the big boys, then we wouldn't even try to push them this far and we wouldn't think they are so unreliable. If someone came out with a 600whp Saturn and it broke something, everyone would think, "Of course something went, it's a Saturn making 600HP, that's crazy.", but with a DSM they are just unreliable.
Nicely put, I wish the newbs would figure this out. My car still isnt' done btw...see above .
Old 08-27-2005   #436
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Send a message via AIM to Pimpin Dsmstyle

Jason R ( I guess his shits not crazy, but worthy of 11's - reliable)
Shane - Id think you will get a pass in right? Im hoping at least
Chris C- Looks like your the only one so far..
Nash - out
Hort - out
Jet - Very close, we will just have to wait and see
Steve hill - I think yours is already running and ready to go right?
LSE - to busy for their own cars
Vassil - He threw down a decent time if I remember
Jake V - evo 16g is back, hah
Me - haha, thats funny - my cars aren't fast
Kevin - You said its not happening this year right?
Kyle - you mentioned that the blue car will be running soon, fast?
CVD - within a month, track time for the DSM. Then shes dead right?

Who was missed? This was just to bring some people in and update their progress. No person attacks intended.

Last edited by Pimpin Dsmstyle; 08-27-2005 at 02:33 PM..
Pimpin Dsmstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #437
dumb_ricer
Hates Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli
Oh I am well aware of all of this. You have to remember this thread happened back in winter when everyones car was going to smoke everyone elses car and be done by the shootout and blah blah blah. Well, what have I seen so far? Nothing. I'm well aware that making good power takes money and so are the people building. It also takes time and patience, and it seems like some people lost the patience and gave up, or its taking longer then they anticipated to get there shit done. Hopefully some of you people do get out there before the end of the year and bust out good times. I plan on some 10 second passe's in a DSM 2-3 years down the line. Until then I will be the idiot driving the neon and talking mad shit.

As I said on MN Racing, hopefully next year the DSM's will come out in full swing and the MN boys will be able to compete with the Chicago area DSM's.
Old 08-27-2005   #438
dumb_ricer
Hates Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydsm
If you care about that shit, don't ever bother getting a DSM. When they do work, they are really awesome cars. Personally, I feel like there is no other similar car I'd rather be driving. I'm hooked now! I love the way 1Gs look, the way they break, how some people are clueless as to what they are, etc. My $1's worth of my opinion.
Oh, I love the hell out of DSM's when they are running, especially AWD's. I have driven enough of them to know that I will own one when I get out of school.

The thought of driving 800 miles every two weeks in one kind of turns me off to them right now. For one, it'd break in the middle of Wisconsin (going to school in Chicago, coming back every 2 weeks). Second, I have no where to work on one really while I am at school. And finally I love the feel of boost too much to stay out of it, and with the ease that DSM's make power I would always be modding it, meaning there would be no money for gas becuase I would want it faster, and then gas would go even faster. Then you have to run premium (3bux a gallon now almost) and that is not my idea of a good commuter car through college, otherwise I would be driving one right now.
Old 08-29-2005   #439
santa
Boost Spike

Drives: 93 talon Automagickinda....
Send a message via AIM to santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpin Dsmstyle
Kevin - You said its not happening this year right?
Kyle - you mentioned that the blue car will be running soon, fast?

My car should be running in a few weeks here and Kyles should be running in a week or so depending on if Mike is around the shop. He needs a new balance shaft because, the one he got is slightly bent. So thats all thats holding him up right now. Kyle has everything else he needs to finish it up. As far as my car. It will be running this year on the built engine. I just wont have any go fast stuff on it. I'm going to make my set-up over the winter most likely. I'm planning on breaking it in on a 14b. We will see where I stand in a few weeks when I get it started.

Kevin
Old 08-29-2005   #440
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Send a message via AIM to Pimpin Dsmstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa
My car should be running in a few weeks here and Kyles should be running in a week or so depending on if Mike is around the shop. He needs a new balance shaft because, the one he got is slightly bent. So thats all thats holding him up right now. Kyle has everything else he needs to finish it up. As far as my car. It will be running this year on the built engine. I just wont have any go fast stuff on it. I'm going to make my set-up over the winter most likely. I'm planning on breaking it in on a 14b. We will see where I stand in a few weeks when I get it started.

Kevin
Glad to hear it, you could still make some 12s on that 14b / built motor!
Definitly looking forward to seeing what Kyle has to bring to the table!

Shit, I'll be lucky if I even get my car back before christmas.. Fuck, I am never giving someone my car to work on it again! It was supposed to take a weekend, 200 dollars and a case of beer. Now it is up to almost a month, and 500 dollars. It isnt his fault entirley, he is just a really busy guy and shouldn't have taken on my project!

Hes just putting the head on and getting it running again. I could have done this EZ if I had a garage available to work in =/ Fucking loser brothers 2g neon has been in there for over a month.