MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 05-31-2009   #1
Gravy
Who's this guy?

Drives: 91 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
Send a message via AIM to Gravy Send a message via Yahoo to Gravy
Odd electrical issue

I took the car out on a logging drive today to test some WOT pulls and get my AF better for just normal driving. I found out that it bogs down when it's running low, and pulls like a rapped ape when in the high setting. Didn't get too lean of a setting on one of the launches. Did an AWD burn out all the way though first gear and now my interior lights are stuck "On". Doors are all closed, switch inside isn't on, and after much pushing of the doors i got the interior lights off now. But the truck won't go off. I've got the battery disconnected but has anyone ever heard of this? I know the DSM's will turn the wiper motor on... but interior lights?

To sum up what happened on the launch, i was on a semi dirty road, and reved to about 3-4k pedaling the throttle and dropped the clutch around 5k. Got all 4 spinning and slid sideways out onto the road where they continued to spin running just below the rev limiter. I finally hook up after hitting 45 mph and grab second without giving it any gas cause i just wanted a good launch, nothing more. i noticed the interior lights at that time but didn't think much of it, just figured door switch may have come loose, or the button may have been pushed in. Now after opening and closign the back over and over.... i get nothing.
Old 05-31-2009   #2
Pushit2.0
15min late to the world
Re: Odd electrical issue

It would seem 3Si or something would fit your needs a little better then DSM style. Anydang way the door switch completes a circuit when you open a door or the hatch. So it would seen one of the three switches has a short or one of the 3 output wires has a short to ground.

~John
Old 05-31-2009   #3
Gravy
Who's this guy?

I've found 3si to be slow to respond, and though it does have some goo members on there who are very smart and knowledgeable, i don't often get input from them.

I'll post up there tomorrow if it doesn't go by than, just though it odd just my trunk light is staying on. Almost like the hatch is open, but no matter how many times i try opening/closing it and trying to lift the lever when the trunk is up, nothing even gets it to flicker.

Also found it kind of funny, you guys get wiper motor that goes off, i get interior lights.

And the site has been updating for a while, so takes like a minute minimum to load a page. :-D

Last edited by Gravy; 05-31-2009 at 01:48 AM.. Reason: Last line of text.
Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009   #4
Pushit2.0
15min late to the world

They are to busy engineering problems for there solutions on any major 3/S board to reply to a simply question.

~John
Old 05-31-2009   #5
Gravy
Who's this guy?

Good point, i slammed it today when i got to work and it went off. For whatever reason last night's attempts didn't work none. But the 4th one today did.
Old 05-31-2009   #6
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest

the dome light in starquests fades to black after a few seconds, you should integrate that circuit into your car. It would probably fix the problem. If not, it's got to be the door switches. Maybe a wire came undone slightly from the back of the switch and it touching the body, thereby making a ground?
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote