MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 05-23-2005   #1
vassil
Been there, done that.

Send a message via MSN to vassil
1G DSMLink log/tune ... need some advice

Hi Guys,

I am hoping Shane will chime in on this one The car is a 1G, FP3052,Tial 44, 3" turboback, FIC850, Supra pump, Aeromotive AFPR (43psi base), FP2 Cams, Magnus SMIM, Spearco 2-216, Tial BOV, MAFT (blow-thru), Built 6-bolt with Ross 8.5:1/Eagle, springs, retainets, Zeitronix WBO2, etc. etc.

I was out tuning the car. Did a few pulls starting at 3000rpms on 3rd gear all the way to 7000rpms on 4th. I am running about 21psi on 93 octane. Got the A/F ratio to be b/n 11.4:1-11.8:1 (4th gear). There is hardly any knock 0.4 degress (about 5-6 counts), but I get a ton of timing 19.1 to 21.3 degrees throughout 4th gear on the entire pull. EGTs are about 1550 to 1600 @WOT.

The advice I am looking for is what A/F shall I shoot for and where should I keep the timing ... basically what would you do to make this log look good.

I converted the log to a webpage so you guys can see it in your web browser. Here is a link:

http://www.vasso.net/uploads/3rd-4rd-WBO2-pull.htm

I am logging the boost with AEM3.5 bar and the A/F with a Zeitronix WBO2 connected to the EGR and Baro inputs on DSMLink.
9.85@143

1G DSM Crossmembers
BulFab

Last edited by vassil; 05-23-2005 at 01:14 AM..
vassil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #2
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance
Re: 1G DSMLink log/tune ... need some advice

It looks like you have it about perfectly on the edge for that boost level. Maybe try pulling out 1 degree from 5000-6000, to see if the knock goes down at all. Around that area is usually where you will be most prone to knock. I usually shoot for low to mid 11 A/Fs on pump gas with DSMs. But some cars need high 10s/low 11s to handle much boost without knocking. You could go for more boost on pump, if you pull the timing back a bunch of degrees and maybe richen the A/F up a tad bit. Be ready for your EGTs to go up a little though, the less timing you run the higher the EGTs. EGTs don't mean you are lean or that you are going to blow up. Is your base timing synced up perfectly with the DSMLink? And does it creep much on the timinglight when you have it locked at 5 degrees and then start slowly reving the car up the RPMs a bit?
Old 05-23-2005   #3
vassil
Been there, done that.

Send a message via MSN to vassil
Talking Re: 1G DSMLink log/tune ... need some advice

Shane,

Thanx for you reply. I have not checked the base timing. I completely forgot to do it after swapping the cams. I will take a peek tonight and make sure it is all synced up and post some more logs
9.85@143

1G DSM Crossmembers
BulFab
vassil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #4
EclipseGST

Checkers Champion! Crash Test Danny Champion! Get A Grip Champion!
Drives: Short Bus
Send a message via AIM to EclipseGST Send a message via Yahoo to EclipseGST
Re: 1G DSMLink log/tune ... need some advice

Hey Vassil... I have your T-Bolt clamp and I have been trying to get a hold of you for 2 weeks to get it to you. Anyways if you want it tonight I might be over working on my car or you can call my house~ 454-6924.

Jake
EclipseGST is offline   Reply With Quote