MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 05-04-2006   #1
Bunta

First Upgrades

If I upgrade my intake into a 2g mas/w intake arm and filter do I also need bigger injectors (550cc) and if I upgrade my injectors do I have to upgrade my Fuel Pump (Walboro 255HP) and if I upgrade my fuel pump do I have to upgrade my AFPR. Or can I just have the 2gMas and Fuel pump for now and boost like 15 until later on when I spend more money.

Keep in mind these are the first things going into a stock car and that Im just trying to get all the BPU's on first.

If this is all wrong then what should I start with first.
Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #2
HiImBrian

Drives: the girls crazy
Send a message via AIM to HiImBrian
Re: First Upgrades

no need for bigger injectors with just an intake. but if u want to boost around 15psi i would reccomend 550ccs and a walbro 255. ive got an injen intake and a big 16g and i was running about 15.5 psi. when i threw it on a dyno i made good numbers but with my stock injectors i was going really lean. so be careful and get on a dyno if u can.
HiImBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #3
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.98GSX
no need for bigger injectors with just an intake. but if u want to boost around 15psi i would reccomend 550ccs and a walbro 255. ive got an injen intake and a big 16g and i was running about 15.5 psi. when i threw it on a dyno i made good numbers but with my stock injectors i was going really lean. so be careful and get on a dyno if u can.
Stop posting incorrect information please. Bunta if you want people to answer your questions effectively try and post all or any supporting mods you have.

If you are running the 14B and want to put a 2G Mas on your car you are going to need a Super AFC to compensate for the extra airflow. You will not need bigger injectors or fuel pump to run 15 psi.
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #4
TheBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunta
If I upgrade my intake into a 2g mas/w intake arm and filter do I also need bigger injectors (550cc) and if I upgrade my injectors do I have to upgrade my Fuel Pump (Walboro 255HP) and if I upgrade my fuel pump do I have to upgrade my AFPR. Or can I just have the 2gMas and Fuel pump for now and boost like 15 until later on when I spend more money.

Keep in mind these are the first things going into a stock car and that Im just trying to get all the BPU's on first.

If this is all wrong then what should I start with first.
2G Mas on a 1G (assuming its a 1G) you will need some form of fuel control.

You do not need a bigger fuel pump to run larger injectors, but rewiring the fuel pump isn't a bad idea.

You do not need a AFPR to run a Walbro 255 in most cases. Some stock FPR do not hold good enough and that will cause your idle to be really high. If this happens try another stocker and/or upgrade to a aftermarket FPR.

I would suggest getting exhaust first and a MBC, a boost gauge and start from there. A 2G MAS is a great upgrade for the 1G but I suggest getting a few other things first.

I am sure someone could post the link for DSMtooners for the staged upgrades section. That will give you an idea of where to start.
Old 05-04-2006   #5
Bunta

Thanks Blizzard! (I forgot about the car)

1990 Talon TSi (stock)

Well like I said up this car is bone stock besides the fugly 18's. Usually eveyone that I know who start off with intake/exhaust. The parts I have right now are the K&N Filter,2gMas, Dejon itake, upper Intercooler pipe with Tial BOV. Im trying to see if JET can help me on the exhaust part and right now I'm in the process of a Boost Controller, AFC and fuel pump.
Old 05-04-2006   #6
TheBlizzard

The Tial BOV might be a problem since there isn't a recirculation kit out that I know of. So inbetween shifts your car will run rich because the metered air that the car thinks is going back into the engine is actually get bled off into the atmosphere.

Get yourself a manual boost controller and a Super AFC, some exhaust throught the 2G MAS on there and you will be good to go for awhile.
Old 05-04-2006   #7
Bunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlizzard
The Tial BOV might be a problem since there isn't a recirculation kit out that I know of. So inbetween shifts your car will run rich because the metered air that the car thinks is going back into the engine is actually get bled off into the atmosphere.
Will that harm the motor in anyway?
Old 05-05-2006   #8
x-pride

Drives: She is 22, black, slow and does not play fair.

Like Craig mention, get a boost gauge first, next a manual boost, hard upper intercooler pipe(which you have), 3" exhuast (turbo back would be nice), and maybe fuel upgrades. Once you blow up the 14b than time to upgrade the turbo and the intercooler. Than upgrade your Fuel system again and the rest is the money pit. You should also check to see if your ecu is a EPROM. While you have your ECU out take it to LSE and get new caps. Have fun and build the car slowly. The best I advice I could give you is upgrade one piece at a time. If your car is not running correctly fix that issue first before you continue. If you don't fix that problem and continue with the upgrades. You are just setting yourself for a headache. I forgot to tell you to do the free mods and also eliminate your vacum lines.
x-pride is offline   Reply With Quote