MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 04-21-2004   #1
Darth_Laser

Send a message via AIM to Darth_Laser
I pulled up this afternoon in my LHS and parked next to my laser, I got out and heard a buzzing sound. I got in the car and i could hear the sound an the inside as well. The car still does not have any power, i did put in a new battery but it also needs a new alternator (PM me if u have 1) But anyways it has no power to the stereo no nothing.... But i poped the hood and looked for where the noise is coming from, the fuse box over the passenger side wheel. I took the top off of the fuse box and the dull buzzing sound seemed to be coming from the breakers (there are 6 two columns of three) the two bottom on the right column, do you have any idea what this is? I've asked around and nobody i know has really heard of this. Thanks for your imput.
Andy
Darth_Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004   #2
Khadgar
Can't Actually Wrench

Send a message via AIM to Khadgar
Hmm I dunno, mine made a loud clicking noise when my battery was dead and my lights were on. I've noticed some weird humms and stuff in my car after I get out. but they seem to go away after a few seconds.
Khadgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004   #3
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
They are the relays. If I remember correctly, they all are the same (check the numbers on the sides). Try swapping them around to see if there is any change. You can try testing them also. One went out in my car several months ago so the fans didn't work. Dealer wants $25 each. John's Auto threw in 6 for free when buying a rear wiper motor. Have you checked the alternator fuse yet? If you sparked something in the enginebay it is most likely blown.
Old 04-22-2004   #4
Darth_Laser

Send a message via AIM to Darth_Laser
Alternator fuse, 80 amp in the upper right corner right? yeah i checked it looked like it was ok to me! No black not broke looks new! Would the 3 fuses on the positive connection to the battery terminal 2 20amps and 1 30 amp have anything to do with it? I am sure it is the relays i can hear them, not too sure how to check them though? They are different the 3 on the right are the same the other 3 are all different. This John's auto, is it the junkyard off of highway 65?
Darth_Laser is offline   Reply With Quote