MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 08-20-2006   #1
TSI_G_FORCE

Wire melted... tail light and dash light is out.

yesterday my 92 talon lights went out. i mean the tail light and the dash light went out. i tried putting a new fuse and even a big fuse in and the problem got worst. the wire where you put the tail light fuse in, all melted. melted throught the rubber and the black wireing tape. it's the black box in the engine bay to the middle left. that fuse box there. if you take off the fuse console (there are three screws holding on to it) and look under it, there will be a red wire and that is the one thats melted. the wire is still there but i dont know why or i can't figure why that happened. please post up anything that can help me.
TSI_G_FORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #2
clean2g
Boost Junkie

Drives: I teleport
Send a message via AIM to clean2g
Re: Wire melted... tail light and dash light is out.

Maybe your alternator is fudging up and screwing up your electrical. You should be able to go to a place like checkers and get your alternator and battery tested.

.. Not trying to be an ass, but please use Caps or the Shift key when starting a new sentence; makes it easier to read.
clean2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006   #3
Boostin_dreams

Send a message via AIM to Boostin_dreams

First off when you blow a fuse make sure to put the correct size back in. When you put the bigger fuse in you melted the wire. There was a problem somewhere on that circuit and you need to find it. Could be a short to ground or other wires touching etc. Break out the wiring diaagrams and a test light or voltmeter and start finding your problem if you know what your doing when troubleshooting electrical. If not find a friend who does.
Boostin_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #4
TSI_G_FORCE

Thanks for the info. ill look in to it. any thing comes up ill update.
TSI_G_FORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #5
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

you have a short somewhere. The easiest way to start is with a wiring diagram for the system your working on, and just make sure there isn't power where there shouldn't be, and no shorts to ground anywhere. Don't put bigger size fuses in, that melts stuff and creates big headaches