MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 04-23-2006   #1
Kougar

Drives: 06 RSX
Send a message via MSN to Kougar
Smoking + Low power under boost, but...

**car is 87 conquest, stock TBI, stock turbo, MBC, 3" exhaust, 1g MAS intake, bosch red coil, Accel 8mm's, NGKs, deleted EGR/emissions + oil seperator**

I can't remember off hand what white/grey smoke is, but I've got a whole bunch of it coming out my exhaust when I boost.

I have been breaking in my new clutch, and finally hit the 300 mark. Before the clutch, I did NOT ever have a problem with driveability or smoke. Since I changed my clutch, I also changed my coil to a bosch red coil, took out EGR system, took out oil seperator, and put in a new MBC.

Would any of those cause low power + smoking? I'm pretty sure the turbo itself is fine, but not positive. I should also note that I have a no-start sometimes, due to too much fuel. I'm assuming my secondary injector is leaking.

Also, the car sometimes responds super good, other times it's sluggish. This occurs 24/7, off boost (just started boosting, so i cant tell with that yet). I had problems with my spark plug wires in the past, so that's an option, but that was a definite stutter, and this is different. Plus, it's not like they are old or anything.

The way I'm thinking is that my secondary could be crapping out (leaking), and that's causing all my problems. If it keeps fouling my plugs, that'd cause shitty response, right? How about the other problems? What do you guys think?
Kougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #2
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Send a message via AIM to Pimpin Dsmstyle
Re: Smoking + Low power under boost, but...

white can be water = possibly a HG.

it typically goes

blue = oil
white = coolant
black = carbon

Low power could be many things..
Old 04-23-2006   #3
Kougar

Drives: 06 RSX
Send a message via MSN to Kougar
Re: Smoking + Low power under boost, but...

It must have been blue smoke, because I figured out the smoking: Oil seperator return pipe on the oil pan was not plugged after I took the system out, therefor under boost it shot oil out and burned it off on the exhaust.

The power issue was exagerrated. I'm at 10 now, and I last drove the car on 16 PSI. Must be that I got used to the increased boost. I believe either my plugs, wires, and/or injector is causing the driveability. I plan on replacing the plugs with 7 series, since I plan on going back to 16 after I figure out the deal on the injector.
Kougar is offline   Reply With Quote