MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 07-24-2006   #1
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
DSMLink used for non recirc...

Hey,
The intake pipe im getting unfortunatly doesnt have the recirc pipe on it. I have dsmlink. I heard there is a way to make it so that it doesnt need to recirc, Is this true? what adjustments would i have to make?
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #2
94talonawd

Send a message via MSN to 94talonawd
Re: DSMLink used for non recirc...

I think you need a GM Maf.
SAFC-II
---------------
99 Civic D16 - EVO3 16G - Hondata S300 - Xenocron 4bar@21PSI - RC750cc's - Eagles/Vitara - Compcams
12.3@114, 1.81 60ft

-On it's way to 11's....
94talonawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #3
tpunx99GSX

Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

I read a reply to a thread on here that you need GM Maf or DSMlink...
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
Old 07-24-2006   #4
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

What you "need" is to have the BOV in the intake system before the MAF/MAS/whatever is counting your air. That way, when the BOV opens and air exits the system, the ECU doesn't know that air is missing because it was never counted. Hense, the use of a GM airflow sensor, because it is placed in the intercooler piping near the throttle body, past the BOV. Either that, or get a speed density setup and AEM EMS.

As far as DSMlink itself allowing you to vent your BOV without drivability issues, that's news to me. My explanation above pretty much rules out that DSMlink alone can not solve the common issues with venting your BOV with the stock airflow sensor, but there are plenty of people who do it anyway without any problems.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #5
tpunx99GSX

Ill try it disconnecting the recirc hose tomorrow and see how the car reacts and log it.
Old 07-24-2006   #6
94talonawd

Send a message via MSN to 94talonawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX
Ill try it disconnecting the recirc hose tomorrow and see how the car reacts and log it.

It will probably feel like crap in between shifts, Your RPM will drop really fast and cause your car to jerk when you shift, unless you can shift really fast. =)
SAFC-II
---------------
99 Civic D16 - EVO3 16G - Hondata S300 - Xenocron 4bar@21PSI - RC750cc's - Eagles/Vitara - Compcams
12.3@114, 1.81 60ft

-On it's way to 11's....
94talonawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #7
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

Send a message via AIM to Shane55113

its a controlled boost leak, open atmosphere b.o.v. are not performance orientated on a draw through setup period.
Old 07-24-2006   #8
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Drives: GTS and E55

I vent my bov with dsmlink and have no problems at all in my 2g. It just makes it a little rich between shifts as it isn't getting as much air. My car runs perfectly fine without doing anything else.

7/25/09
Motorcycle cop pulls up next to me on UNI and says "Want to race?"
Me- "I don't think you would stand a chance."
Cop says "probably not" and drives off.
slowbubblecar is offline   Reply With Quote