MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 09-22-2004   #41
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Drives: 1993 Talon AWD
Send a message via MSN to 1slowdsm
Since I cant find the Palm IIIc on ebay anymore. I'm gonna get the M100, I guess I'm going to take the cheap way also...haha. Does the M100 take batteries? I know it doesnt have a rechargable battery built in it.
1slowdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #42
illz

Quote:
Originally posted by 1slowdsm@Sep 22 2004, 01:59 PM
Since I cant find the Palm IIIc on ebay anymore. I'm gonna get the M100, I guess I'm going to take the cheap way also...haha. Does the M100 take batteries? I know it doesnt have a rechargable battery built in it.
palm IIIc $90
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5720875290&rd=1

Palm IIIc $90
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5721636329&rd=1

Palm IIIc $43
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5720899079&rd=1

Palm IIIc $77
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5721687014&rd=1

Palm IIIc $27
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5721425530&rd=1

As you can see, they are still everywhere on ebay. I highly suggest a Palm IIIc over the M100, if for no other reason than the color screen is lightyears better than the Crap&White M100, and 100 times easier to read in the dark. Not to mention, MMcD uses colored graphs/logging/etc. The non-color palm screens really suck a fat dick
Old 09-22-2004   #43
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Too bad those prices aren't the Buy It Now prices, otherwise I would've gotten one of those already. I cant afford to spend over $100 on a pda, software and cables right now. I'm kinda tight on the budget. I had 7 hours of work last week and thats only like $35 with taxes taken out....thats only enough for a week of gas!
Old 09-22-2004   #44
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Yea and you dont get those from people w/high ratings, so you could get screwed...

Just get a cheap one like a handspring, I got mine 50 bucks buy it now and from a good seller(look at ratings).
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #45
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]I guess I couldn't justify spending 100 bux on a palm that I leave in the glove box of my car and use it for nothing except datalogging. That's why I got my m100, 10 bux shipped, now that I CAN justify!!

Plus if you get any of those III models, it's going to come with a sync CRADLE instead of a sync CABLE. And good luck trying to use a cradel in the car while your driving and be able to watch it too. You're more then likely going to have to buy a seperate sync cable, and there's another like 10 bux added to the price. The M100 comes with a cable already. I haven't used mine yet but IndiEP has mine and is using it and says it's workin just fine. Also the M100 does take batteries. But if you run it until the batteries are dead, you are going to lose all the stuff you've saved on it. So once the batteries seem to be getting low, just quick swap in new ones. You have like a minute to switch the batteries before the memory gets erased, so switch them new ones in quick and you won't lose anything.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #46
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Thats a big downfall on the M100s. I guess I'll just have to keep like a pack of batteries in my car all the time, but I wouldnt mind doing that. I couldnt find any IIIc's on ebay (that was cheap) when I was looking for them, so I got an M100 instead. I should be here in a few days, I ordered it like last wednesday. I should be getting the cable and software in a few days also. Okay, now where would you plug the cables into on your car?

See if I get this right so far: (this is all from the top of my head)
1st- Install software into pda with home comp?
2nd- Plug cable into car?
3rd- Turn pda on and run software?
This is what I guess I'd have to do...how close was I?
Old 10-02-2004   #47
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

How does that ALDL cable look like? I ordered the software and this cable from that guy off Tuners and the cable seems like its the one that connects to your home comp. It didnt seem big enough to plug into the diag plug on my car, it looked more like a computer plug. The PDA I just ordered comes with a hotsync cradle or whatever, which cable will that one connect with? I'm just wondering if I still need to order the ALDL cable.
Old 10-04-2004   #48
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Alright, I finally got my pda and mmcd software up and running. I just got done testing it out and now I have just a few questions for anyone who knows more than I do at this. This was my first time using it, so I might need someone to tell me stuff about it. First off, what do I need to look for the most. There's alot of stuff on that mmcd program and the only ones I know are RPM and battery... .
Can anyone tell me what these mean...
INJP - TPS - ISC - TIMA - O2-F - O2-R - KNOCK (sort of have a clue on what this one is) - ...to make things easier for me. I practically want to know what everything in there means. So if anyone can help me out with this, I'd appreciate it ALOT...thanks! :dsmrule:
Old 10-15-2004   #49
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

The MMCd software doesnt have an air/fuel ratio monitor on there, does it? Is there another software that does have it?
Old 10-17-2004   #50
TsiEagleTalon92

Drives: 2022 Hyundai Palisade
You could use a GBA SP
TsiEagleTalon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #51
joem
Banned

Drives: 1991 Talon awd auto
Quote:
Originally posted by 1slowdsm@Oct 4 2004, 06:45 PM
Alright, I finally got my pda and mmcd software up and running. I just got done testing it out and now I have just a few questions for anyone who knows more than I do at this. This was my first time using it, so I might need someone to tell me stuff about it. First off, what do I need to look for the most. There's alot of stuff on that mmcd program and the only ones I know are RPM and battery... .
Can anyone tell me what these mean...
INJP - TPS - ISC - TIMA - O2-F - O2-R - KNOCK (sort of have a clue on what this one is) - ...to make things easier for me. I practically want to know what everything in there means. So if anyone can help me out with this, I'd appreciate it ALOT...thanks! :dsmrule:
Injector pulse- throttle position sensor-idle sensor controller??? -timing- 02 sensor readings- counts of knock (detonation most destructive thing to a dsm)
joe
joem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #52
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Quote:
Originally posted by joem@Oct 17 2004, 08:23 PM
(detonation most destructive thing to a dsm)
I get those alot in the morning. Even if I let the car warm up, it still knocks like crazy. I've had alot 43 counts of knock, even when the air/fuel reads rich. So I dont know whats going on. Whats a GBA SP? Would that work with what I have right now? Oh yeah and with that M100...do you always have to reinstall the MMCd software evertime you change the batteries? I had the M100 off and replaced the batteries and I had to start all over again...it sucked..haha.
Old 10-28-2004   #53
TurboMeTroy

Send a message via MSN to TurboMeTroy
Quote:
Originally posted by me612@Aug 10 2004, 01:10 AM
i just picked me up an m100 for 10 bux shipped! I'm going as cheap as possible. Prolly gunna run that freeware stuff.
10 bux shipped? damn.
those things are prehistoric, but get the job done.
TurboMeTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #54
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Mines feels like its going to fall apart one me at any random time. So I keep the leather case over it to make sure it doesnt...haha.
Old 10-28-2004   #55
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Quote:
Originally posted by TurboMeTroy@Oct 29 2004, 05:05 AM
10 bux shipped? damn.
those things are prehistoric, but get the job done.
Ya, i had bid on it on ebay. I was the highest bidder in the end, but didn't meet his reserve. So I emailed him and asked what he was trying to get for it to see if we could work out a deal. Well since I used my work email to write him, he musta figured out the .usmc stood for US MARINE CORPS. He wrote me back saying, "Sir, for being a defender of our country, how does 10 bux sound? I'll even pay for the shipping." Guess I got lucky on that one!
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #56
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

I have the m100 with the MMCd software and I dont know what's so important about it. To me (newb), everything on the software doesnt tell me much. It doesnt even tell me the air/fuel ratio.

What do I need to pay attention to the most with that software?
Old 11-14-2004   #57
SuperSleeper

Drives: 2012 Audi S4
Send a message via AIM to SuperSleeper
The o2 reading is basically the same as the A/F ratio. However you're probably running a narrowband o2 sensor, so it's not going to help too much anyway.

Knock is the most important part about this device, as it's the most detrimental to our engines.

These are called pocketloggers for a reason. They log info on the car so we can determine what may be wrong with it. It's not gonna flash any pretty lights or tune anything for you... that's up to you. But if you're getting lots of knock, that means something's not right and you should probably try to figure it out.

Here's a link to all the features and what their uses are:
http://www.pocketlogger.com/index.ph...arams&type=dsm
SuperSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #58
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Yeah, I'm always getting lots of knock counts in the morning. I think it might be from the lifters, but I dont know. My lifters in the morning are REALLY loud, so would the ecu read it as knock? I had the logger on when it was ticking really bad this morning and I didnt get any knock counts? Oh yeah and I'm always running lean for the first couple of mins in the morning or after my car has been sitting for a little while...is that normal?
Old 08-19-2006   #59
larryr

Re: Datalogger

this is a way old thread, but, anyone have a cord/software they wanna sell ? or a good resource to get one from, thanks in advance!

-LR
larryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #60
92EvilTalon
3.1L v6 power...

Pit Stop Challenge Champion!
Send a message via AIM to 92EvilTalon
Re: Datalogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryr
this is a way old thread, but, anyone have a cord/software they wanna sell ? or a good resource to get one from, thanks in advance!

-LR
Ya that it is old. I need a ALDL cord for a PC. I don't think my M100 still works. But both cords be nice to find a price for....

At LSE Performance: 92 Talon TSi AWD
Driving a: 93 Ford Festiva L 5spd
92EvilTalon is offline   Reply With Quote