MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 02-01-2004   #1
'96dsmgirl

Tournaments Won: 6

ok. 1990 Eagle Talon, turbo went out in my boyfriend's car. he got another one shipped to him. he took off both ends of the oil return line, made sure there was nothing clogging it, put it and the turbo on. started it and now it looks like chocolate milk in the oil. we took off the valve cover and it does not look pretty. when he took back off the oil return line (that was where the oil and water was being forced out of) it was stripped and he said it was not stripped when he put it back on.....we are clueless! please help
Old 02-01-2004   #2
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance
The replacement turbo might have a cracked center section. On a water & oil cooled turbo a crack in the center section can cause the oil and coolant to mix and sent a nasty combo into the oil pan. Was the replacement turbo new or used? Did you guys put in new oil?
Old 02-01-2004   #3
'96dsmgirl

used turbo
no we did not add new oil ooops
Old 02-01-2004   #4
'96dsmgirl

thanks anyway!
Old 02-01-2004   #5
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Did he mix up the oil and coolant lines?

Was the oil like that before changing the turbo? Might explain why the original turbo failed.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004   #6
santa
Boost Spike

Drives: 93 talon Automagickinda....
Send a message via AIM to santa
Did he spin any bearings in the motor yet? If he didn't hes pretty lucky I should change that oil asap I would if I were him for sure!! Good luck with that... if its not the turbo get a new oil return line for it check that out.
Old 02-28-2004   #7
M-Spec

It's been a while since anybody posted so maybe the problem is solved, but as someone else mentioned, it sounds like the center cartridge is cracked. One way to check it is remove the water in/out lines and just place a hose between the 2 on the engine side, bypassing the turbo. Change the oil and run the car for a little while then check to see if the oil is still clean. If it is, then thats the problem.

Many people run the car for a long time without the coolant feed, but i wouldn't recomend doing it longer than it takes to see if thats the problem.
Old 02-28-2004   #8
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
ahh man, you like made me jump for joy when i seen this post, but its just an old ass one brought back to life. I thought the "no undies" girl came back and posted! now im depressed again.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote