MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 12-19-2005   #1
snea

Center Diff. ?

How many horse power do you think I will be able to put out without shredding my center differential, or where were you for mods when you replaced yours?
snea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #2
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
Re: Center Diff. ?

There's no hard and fast numbers for this. People blow them with no power and shitty driving and some make 600+whp and have little to no problems. Go make some power and find out.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #3
snea

Ok, sounds like a plan.
Old 12-20-2005   #4
Kevin90GSX
FST-GSX

123 GO Champion! Air Shooter Champion! Air War Champion! Airport Champion! Anti Aircraft Gun Champion! Art Thief Champion! Asteroid Rain Champion! Asteroids Revenge Champion! Attack by Night2 Champion! Ball Breaker Champion! Battle Bots Champion! Bezerk Champion! Bike Stunts Champion! Bomb Bandits Champion! Border 2 Champion! Brain Force Champion! Breakout by 2dplay Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Castlevania Champion! Centipede Classic Champion! Chairlift Challenge Champion! Cone Crazy Champion! Courier Combat Champion! Dare Devil Champion! Dare Level Champion! DBZ BreakOut Champion! Deal or No Deal Champion! Donkey Kong Champion! Duck Hunt Dog Kill Champion! Evangelion Champion! Extreme Rowing Champion! Fast n Furious Champion! Final Test Champion! Formula Fun Champion! Hammer Throw Champion! Highway Hunter Champion! Highway Patrol Champion! Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion! Hot Rocks Champion! Hungry Hungry Mario Champion! IK Champion! JetPac Champion! Joust Champion! Long Jump Champion! Luigis Revenge Interactive Champion! Mastermind Champion! Megaman Champion! Moon Lander Champion! NightTime Driving Champion! Offroad Trophy Champion! Pac Pong Champion! Pang 2004 Champion! Parking Battle of the sexes Champion! Pepsi Jet Ski Champion! Pingu Sports! Champion! Red and Blue Champion! Red Rampage Champion! Shadow The Hedgehog Champion! Shadow xs Champion! Shift Poker Solitaire Champion! Shuriken Challenge Champion! Snow Boarding Champion! Snowboarding Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Sonic bowling Champion! Sonic lost in Mario World Champion! Spy Hunter Champion! Stans Ski Jumping Champion! Super Bean Bag Toss Champion! SuperMario Rampage Champion! Table Football Champion! Tower Construction Champion! Track Mania Champion! Ultimate Football Champion! USSR Ping Pong Champion! WipeOut Champion! Yeti Pentathlon Champion! Zathura - Meteor Storm Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Send a message via AIM to Kevin90GSX Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin90GSX

Weld it and forget it.
Best mph of 133
Kevin90GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #5
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower
There's no hard and fast numbers for this. People blow them with no power and shitty driving and some make 600+whp and have little to no problems. Go make some power and find out.
That's about the best way to put it. If you drive it with caution and shift smoothly you will be ok until you really start making serious power. But if you have to hear the tires chirp through the first 3 gears when shifting you'll be breaking it soon enough. Avoid side steppin' the clutch on the launch. Just slip it out a little.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #6
GVR-4579

Send a message via AIM to GVR-4579

i would say it would mostly depend on how much you stress it, if you stay smooth and let off a little when one tire starts to slip then it wont be doing as much works and will last far longer than if you are dropping the clutch and holding it to the floor and stuff. Just use your head a little and you should be ok for quite a bit of power.

Erik
GVR-4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #7
snea

OK, thanks.
Old 12-21-2005   #8
CarPsyco84

Drives: 07' Z06, 16' Beta 300RR

don't do donuts and go from snow to tar... I broke mine, and I'm lucky if I make 300hp... and I think Kevin just blew his up too...
Old 12-30-2005   #9
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarPsyco84
don't do donuts and go from snow to tar... I broke mine, and I'm lucky if I make 300hp... and I think Kevin just blew his up too...

Yep. The winter car breaks, so out comes the Talon and I blow it up. I'm sure it didn't help that I had been whipping shitties and sdoing hard launches every now and then. I had to show my older brother, a stock 2001 Mustang GT owner, that my car actually had some balls. And the night my diff blew up, I did a nice hard launch for him and topped out 3rd. He was impressed so it was all worth it haha jk.
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote