MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 02-06-2006   #1
BKs50trimGST
Post whore

Send a message via AIM to BKs50trimGST
Idle problems

I own a 98 gst, lately i've been experiencing idle problems with my car. When i start it up it sits at about 2 grand to warm up, then once it gets warmed up the car goes down to about 800-900 rpms, thats normal for my car. Lately though when it sits to warm up the car kind of bobbles up and down once in a while, like it'll sit at 2000rpms then drop to like 1300rpms, then creep back up, be fine for a littlle, and then do it again until it warms up. But, i'll drive it around for a little, come up to a stop sign or stop light, put the clutch in and then it idles really roughly, it shakes the car, idle is going kind of between 600-900 rpms. once in a while it even dies. Me and my buddies one night went to holiday to get some pop, i ran in to get it. Car was on, while i was in there the car idled really wierd, like it revved itself kind of, i could hear it from inside of the store, my friend who was in the front seat saw it go from about 2200rpms and then drop really fast to a rough idle. And i know he wasn't pushing the gas to screw around or nothing, i mean after we left the car felt different... i went on a little road and switched from 2nd to 3rd, when i put the clutch in the car died and i had to restart it. i need help with what this might be! tomorrow i'm going to check the intake manifold, the ic piping to make sure nothing is loose. in the summer one of my ic pipes popped out of it's elbow and killed the car, which was an easy fix, but this definately doesn't feel like it. mods just in case it might help... 6 bolt, 1g intake manifold, 2g rebuilt head, 50 trim internal housing, o2 housing with dumptube, apexi safc-II, had it dyno tuned at elite a while back. my o2 sensor has been out for a long time, dunno if that'll help. in need of help!
BKs50trimGST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #2
BKs50trimGST
Post whore

Send a message via AIM to BKs50trimGST
Re: Idle problems

neone have ne reason why it would do this?
BKs50trimGST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #3
clean2g
Boost Junkie

Drives: I teleport
Send a message via AIM to clean2g
Re: Idle problems

I have the same issue sometimes, someone told me it was my bov or a boost/vacuum leak. I'm finally getting hard piping and new boost lines, we'll see what happens.
clean2g is offline   Reply With Quote