MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Old 09-29-2010   #1
Boomdeeze

Drives: 97 GSX
Boomer's whip

Wussup guys,
I picked up my eclipse a year ago from a guy in Monticello that couldn't figure out the oil leak. I traded my 99 Durango for it and just recently finished my build!!! It consisted of:

SBR G50*Compact Aeromotive FPR w/ marshall gauge*CX Racing FMIC kit*91-94 N/T TB*Megan racing downpipe w/ cat delete*megan racing catback exhaust*SBR SS Cast Blem Manifold*Mishimoto Dual core Radiator*2 12" Electric fans*FP intake pipe w/ 9" K&N filter

Engine Management:
DSMLink V3*AEM UEGO wideband*Greddy Profec B-spec 2 boost controller*Autometer Pro-comp Ultra Light vacuum/boost gauge* Pro-comp Ultra Light Water Temp. gauge*Pro-comp Ultra Light Oil Pressure gauge

Engine Internals:
6 Bolt block*bored .20 over*Cometic HG*1G rods w/ EVO 9 pistons*Gates Racing Timing Belt*BSE kit*ARP rod bolts*ARP head studs*ARP main bolts*1G head*Port and Polished*BC springs and retainers*Supertech SS 1mm oversize nitrate covered valves*274 Delta regrind cams*Fidanza Adj. cam gears*3g lifters

Drivetrain Modifications:
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel*South Bend Clutch kit

Suspension Modifications:
Tokico Blue Shocks*Lowering Springs*18" American Racing Rims

But I recently sold my G50 and bought a Borg s259 ETT w/ and .84AR housing. I am going to buy a tubular manifold and WG for it this winter, along with A TRE stage 3 transmission. Im pretty pumped about it and I'm hoping to hit the low 11's next year!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0414.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	682.2 KB
ID:	10747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Beautiful pic.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	10748   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0415.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	10749  

Last edited by Boomdeeze; 09-29-2010 at 04:55 PM..
Boomdeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #2
b00sted_spyder

Drives: 97 Eclipse GST spyder(Project car), 95 Corolla(DD), 91 MR2 turbo(Fun car)
Re: Boomer's whip

I remember when this car was posted on craigslist a few years ago. They said it had a JDM eclipse motor LOL.
b00sted_spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #3
Boomdeeze

Drives: 97 GSX

Ya when I got it, the motor was put together so poorly. The guy had to just throw it together quick to try and sell it but I was planning on rebuilding whatever car I bought anyway. The body was in such good condition that I had to jump on it.
Boomdeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #4
emolson

Drives: 99 Durango for now

sup boomer, glad to see you got it all finished.. i'm curious to know what a lot of them problems were. Truck is still running great, turned it into a skywarn pov vehicle.. 150k and going strong. Had to replace the fuel injectors, #8 was toast.. burning plugs and causing a bog from a stop acceleration.

Edit: I did none of the work to the car, i bought it in poor condition as a project but simply didn't have the time to ever work on it. Most i did was replace the shift cable, and misc. odds and ends. Surprised i made it home from Maplewood, the seller Ryan was a <edit>. At least it wound up in the hands of someone who would bring it back to life.

Last edited by emolson; 05-31-2011 at 02:28 AM..
emolson is offline   Reply With Quote