Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Old 01-18-2012   #21
Fejery4491

Drives: 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Re: Fejerys 97 GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydsm View Post
Yeah, I'm sure I'll do the same with a 1G when I get my own garage
Yeah having a garage is the greatest. The difference in what you're able to get done is insane. Especially compared to my parents garage I had grown used to growing up.....uninsulated, cramped, and only had 110v. Having a bunch of room for all my tools and 230v to run some equipment is great! Plus I'm not freezing my ass off, today it was right around 0 degrees out...but 80 degrees in my garage!

Got this finished up finally earlier this week. I'm real glad I don't have to deal with this anymore haha.

Also finally got a decent compressor, it's new to me. The fiances parents gave it to me since all they do is air up tires and blow stuff off and this was way overkill! I traded them straight up for my 20 gal 110v Craftsman. It's no powerhouse, but it puts out a bit more than 10 cfm so it does alright. Its just nice not always waiting on a compressor.
Fejery4491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #22
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6

Ahh, yes...I warm garage does wonders in this kind of weather. I don't have one but my uncle does and wow...amazing. Interior looks clean
Old 04-29-2012   #23
Fejery4491

Haven't done much with this lately. The rotisserie I had intended on building had to be put on hold. I priced it out and with the cost of metal currently I would have $800 into building one, for $1200 I could have one shipped to my door. I was just gonna buck up and spend the extra $400, but we had a couple unexpected bills and my lady decided she was gonna do a summer semester after FASFA was due for it, so we'd have to pay it out of pocket. So I had the choice of either putting the project off another 8 months to a year until we had enough money that I could convince her a rotisserie was a worthwhile investment (good luck) or I could find a way to get the job done for cheap. So over this weekend I rednecked this together. Was $35 bucks in materials and some scrap metal for misc brackets. Worked way better than I imagined it would and is pretty damn solid. Good enough for blasting and redoing the undercoating anyways.

Old 04-29-2012   #24
CornFed2.4

Drives: You crazy!
Send a message via AIM to CornFed2.4

Good work! That looks ok. Keeping it cheap is what a dsm should be about! Good work hope you get more progress done soon.
CornFed2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #25
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN

I love it! lol I wish I would have just done that to my Talon. It could have used it.

Awesome project so far!
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #26
viridionplague

Drives: 1991 talon tsi, 1991 stealth

"hold on a sec man, let me flip my car over and we'll go"

hahah. absolutely amazing. keep up the awesomeness!
viridionplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #27
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo

That's fuckin awesome!

Keep plugging away at it!
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #28
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Never seen a rotisserie out of wood, but I dig it!

Excellent project, not sure how I missed this thread.
Old 05-28-2012   #29
Fejery4491

Got a few things done today. Nothing too exciting. Slowly but surely. Was toying with my sandblaster and the shitty little clamp on the hose blew off. 100 lbs of coal slag all over my entire garage = a very unhappy guy. It also made me realize that I needed some sort of blast room to avoid the gross mess over my entire garage and being that the neighbors are so close, the driveway isn't an option. So I pulled together a little more redneck ingenuity and built this.

Got it all framed up. And add in a couple zip ties and duct tape and I got a damn air tight little room.

Here's a picture of the finished project and my friend Josh with the sword he made out of some extra pvc. We're kind of an odd bunch....haha...

Hopefully I'll get the yard work done and the mudroom door framed early tomorrow and I can get the underbody blasted.
Old 05-28-2012   #30
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Looks like with some box fans and filters it could double as a paint booth when you are done.
Old 05-28-2012   #31
Fejery4491

Yeah it will! I'll make a few other small adjustments when that time comes, but it should work pretty well.
Old 05-28-2012   #32
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

That is fucking awesome, I want one!
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #33
Fejery4491

Underbody is getting real close to be stripped, wheel wells are getting there. Still gotta patch up a few areas I cut rust out of, but its coming along. Might try to fix that frame rail that someone put a jack through, not really hurting anything though. Mitsu put like one million pounds of seam sealer in each wheel well and it takes an outrageous amount of time to clean it up. Subframes are out getting coating, so I'll hopefully have her back down on all 4 soon. Plenty more to come soon, but right now I gotta start packing for Proving Grounds.

Old 06-27-2012   #34
Fejery4491

Well got back from proving grounds and decided there's no way in hell I'm going without a car next time around! So I stuck the fiance on the shitty job of cleaning out the wheel wells so I could attend to other things. I start by cutting out and patching the 2 spots of rust on the unibody. Turned out really well actually, alot better than it needed to be to spend its day under a skirt. Then I cut out the shitty rotten spare tire well, still needs some cleaning up but it'll get there. I'm just gonna throw a sheet of aluminum over it like plenty of other have done before me. So not alot of progress, but its something.

Old 06-27-2012   #35
Fejery4491

Still chipping away at it. Something thats always bothered me since the first time I was under this thing was a crushed flat part of the frame rail. I mean its not the rest of the rail is perfect, actually quite far from it. Bent and dented, but this one little crushed spot drove me nuts. So i decided now would be the time to do something about it.

And way more exciting than stupid frame rails is the package that came yesterday......

Solid front/rear subframe and diff bushings. The were kinda expensive and had to wait for quite a while to get them. But it was worth it.

Last edited by Fejery4491; 08-11-2012 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Double post
Old 08-11-2012   #36
Fejery4491

Finally got all my sandblasting and underbody bs done

And got the first coat of por15 laid...

Only 2 more coats of Por15 and a coat of primer left before I can call it a day. More to come.....
Old 08-11-2012   #37
carltalon

Drives: 98 Eclipse GSX Auto
Send a message via AIM to carltalon Send a message via Yahoo to carltalon

looks good. I have a crushed spot on the frame rail on my car. It bothers the shit out of me too. I want to blast and undercoat the whole underside of my car but would be a serious undertaking. keep up thew good work looks like you have a long way to go.
Old 08-11-2012   #38
Fejery4491

Yeah, I had a shit ton of bent spots on the frame rail, but the single crushed spot drove me nuts....figured it was good of time as ever to take care of it. If you are serious about blasting and undercoating, trust me, unless you have a massive blaster and industrial blaster....you're better off just paying someone to blast it for you. In most areas you can find a place to do it for $200-350. It took me several days to get it completely stripped with my 11cfm compressor and a hobby pressure pot blaster. Probably somewhere near 50 hours of time. If I could go back I would definitely have someone do the blast for me, between the cost of the abrasive I used and the blast room......you get the picture. I sure do got a long way to go, but hopefully it'll go a little quicker now that I got the shitty underbody nonsense out of the way. Thanks man!
Old 08-12-2012   #39
chris02rex

Drives: 02 WRX/STI, 91 Tsi AWD, 07 Silverado

Quit being a pussy. Haha.
chris02rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #40
Fejery4491

Lick me where I pee chris! =)