MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 12-09-2003   #1
mxjosh711

Tournaments Won: 6

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-family:Courier'> :rally: okay here it goes i hope one of you dsm smart guys can tell me whats the problem on my eclipse. for one, its a 95 gst. i has comming home (independence) from st. louis and when i was about 5 minuts away from my hous ei stopped at a stop light, pushed in my clutch, and the peddle stayed stuck to the floor. SO., i called northtown mitsubishi, and they told me it was my 50$ master cylinder, or at least the one thats on the trany, question is, i bought the part, i managed to change my own clutch, can i install this thing? where does it go? will it fix the problem? its not the one with the resavour i think thats the slave cyclinar, please help,, thanks dsm bros, joshua. 816-200-4812 </span></span>
Old 12-09-2003   #2
CVD
Sten Sniper

Drives: Evo VIII RS
Send a message via AIM to CVD
It could be any number of things. What kind of clutch do you have? That will make a difference.

A hard line could have cracked, the soft line could have been punctured, the slave cylinder rod could have bent, the clutch fork could have snapped, the slave cylinder could have failed, or the master cylinder could have failed. I would say that the clutch master and slave cylinders are two of the less likely culprits, as they tend to fail gradually over time as the seals wear out.
Check and see if the master cyl. has fluid. Maybe fill it up and pump the clutch (pull it off the floor and pump it with your hand) and see if you can find any fluid leaks.

I think its safe to say that I have had every major clutch hydrolic system problem known to DSMers (except the pedal assembly wearing out), and what you describe can/has happened with any number of failures.

*edit* also, please change your font/color. it is extremely difficult to read
CVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003   #3
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
First of all, check your master cylinder to see if it has any fluid left. It's on the driver's side under the hood on the firewall. If there's no fluid, you have a leak, which is from the MC, slave cylinder or the lines between the two. MC's usually leak into the interior, look up at your clutch pedal rod and see if there's fluid running down by it.

Oh, and change that font, I don't want to break out my reading glasses.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003   #4
Red GST

agreed with goat check the fluid and update us on if theres any left in the car then we could lead you to more direction

oh if it is the main master cylinder for the clutch its a pain in the a$$ and you might aswell change the slave too because they go hand in hand and then bleeding the system is so much fun
Old 12-19-2003   #5
CVD
Sten Sniper

Drives: Evo VIII RS
Send a message via AIM to CVD
why would you change the slave at the same time as the master? for fun? :stick:

they are on opposite sides of the engine.
CVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003   #6
mxjosh711

ok guys this is the guy who originally started the mast cylinder thing, i bought the part and didnt tell my local mechanic i had it (so he would wanna install it if it wasnt needed) i took to to him, "so he could check it out" and all it was, was the aluminum line that feeds the fluid from the trany cycinder, the little line broke or had a lil hole, must have taken along time, but he created one for 10$ and now i have back alot of horse power i was missing, i guess my clutch was never engaging all the way, lol, but thanks guys, you do indeed know your stuff, i apreciate it, all of you, look for my nex forum question..........thanks josh :toast: