MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 06-14-2006   #1
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

Send a message via AIM to Shane55113
Thumbs up Dejon exhaust

I ordered the exhaust from dejon tool and i got it yesterday, it was like christmas opening up the box. Its a 2 3/4" outlet from my evo 3 02 housing to my DP then after about a foot it spans into 3" and is that way until the end, i opted for the extra billet muffler and the oval muffler so it'll stay quiet during idle. There is a flange from the turbo to the next pipe then the rest is slip fit. I haven't mounted it yet because I'm missing the turbo to 02 housing gasket that i ordered from dejon, he shipped it out for me already. Really good and fast customer service.
Old 06-21-2006   #2
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

Re: Dejon exhaust

I have the exhaust mounted i will get some pics up later but its sooo quiet! its got a real deep tone and no wrasp.
Old 06-23-2006   #3
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

cool. show me!
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #4
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less

Hope I am not rasing a dead thread but I just bought mine not that long ago. I will have it on friday! I also went with the 2 mufflers. Does yours sound louder then stock still?
I wanted something quiet so I can talk to who ever is riding with me however I did want something louder at idle and when it is running open.

I accually have the 2.5" downpipe going into 3". I imagine though that this is going to cause some serious boost creep though isn't it. I will probably have to port the O2 and around the wastegate. Does anyone have a good reference on how I should do this? How much is it to upgrade the flapper on the wastegate
Andrew7dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #5
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

A smaller exhaust helps to eliminate boost creep, not enhance it. Not as much exhuast gas flows out so you don't get as much of an imbalance.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #6
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
A smaller exhaust helps to eliminate boost creep, not enhance it. Not as much exhuast gas flows out so you don't get as much of an imbalance.
Yes I know that, but I am going to want to upgrade later and will need the bigger exaust. I don't want to go to a smaller exaust system. I know I am going to have boost creep problems when I first am going to put the system on. So what I need to do is port the O2 and the waste gate area. When the stock system is off i figured it would be a good time to drop the turbo and do some porting work. The question I have then is with a 14b, do I need to install a bigger flapper on the wg or can I get away with just porting work right now?
Is there anything else I should be thinking about while I have my turbo off the car and doing porting work. I am thinking this would be a good time to also switch to a 2g manifold
Old 07-14-2006   #7
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

this would be an great time to get a 2g manifold and have it ported. Any ways i had an exhaust leak so it was kinda loud to start with but with both the mufflers it's super quit espcially at cruise, when you put it on start the car before you put the 2nd mufler on you'll be amazed what the difference really is. Oh you will have to problem having conversations in the car with this sysem.
Old 07-15-2006   #8
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Shane what kind of muffler did you get when you ordered the dejon exhaust?
I got my exhaust today and everything went in alright however the oval muffler can't slip onto the end of the exhaust because they are the same size pipe. Mine is called SilverLine. I should have put everything together before putting on the system. Right now I am just running with the one bullet muffler and wow, loud! So when I took it out for the first time I passed the sheriff of the area and thought for sure I was going to get busted.
I called dejon and they said they just switch mufflers and he was sorry. He was going to refund the amount that it takes for a muffler shop to install it correctly. It is a good company and I still recomend it to people even though the muffler didn't fit.
So things I have thought of this exaust. It is really well built, all the welds and bends are done really nice. how it is held on there is by a rod going through the origional rubber pieces and there is a ring that goes over that rod. On the ring there is a hex little bolt that you tighten and locks on to the rod (pictures will come soon). However all the stock rubber brackets are not being used and it seems to me that this causes the exhaust to move more then it should. As I turned into the driveway i heard it clunking around a bit. I don't know what I should do about that yet. I am thinking though it might be the lack of the muffler and the bracket that the muffler hooks to. I want to take this to an autocross or a solo event and I am hoping that will work.
So I haven't ever run the car without a cat before. It kind of smells (not a lot) or is that the new exhaust tubing breaking in?
Old 07-16-2006   #9
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

i ordered the oval one as the 2nd muffler, i had the same problem, i took it to the wonderful muffler man on rice and one of the techs used there exhaust pipe expander and opened it up, make sure to test fit it before you leave, its easy to do, it took the guy 3 tries to get it right and it only cost me $5 cash.
I just noticed that i didn't tighten down one of the bolts on the flange underneath the car, make sure to get those nice and tight while its cool to the touch.
And yes the car will smell like that, un-catalyzed exhaust smells funky. I also got a W.B. bung in mine but i don't really like where its placed.
Old 07-17-2006   #10
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Ok I just got the muffler fitted today. They did it for free for me. The place is in applevally close to the ford dealership. It now fits with no problem. I have to say though it is louder then I thought it was going to be. Everyone was saying how quiet it was but compaired to the stock exaust it is noticably louder. I am glad I went with the 2nd muffler. It does have a low base sound to it (very nice). It is louder at idle and when accelerating however when it is in overdrive and just driving along it is quiet. It is a very nice exaust. However Dejon billed me twice for the exaust and the second time went onto my overdraft plus I made about 5 purchaces that went onto my overdraft. I have heard that Dejon makes quality products but I must have caught them on an off day with the Muffler not fitting and being billed twice.
Old 07-18-2006   #11
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

holy shit! i would be pissed as all hell if they did that to me! you can talk to your bank and get them involved and they will waive the fees because its not your fault, make sure to do something about it because that hurts your credit.