MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2016   #1
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Porting services

Since our local vendors/shops are no longer offering porting services, I have been reaching out to various operations across the country and finally found one I am comfortable recommending to people. I currently have him working on C7 LT1 exhaust manifolds to showcase his work.

Pictures, along with comments from the porter:

Sneak peak of the huge difference between a ported runner and stock.

You will notice how much material was removed on the manifold flange, this area was gasket matched to remove any flow restriction coming from the cylinder head. Gasket matching the manifold flange creates a step on the cylinder head, (reversion layer), that restricts any exhaust pressure/pulses from going back into the cylinder head. Any exhaust making its way back into the combustion chamber during the intake stroke is never good for power production.

Stock VS Ported

Before and after collector

Typically I would not need to have such a polished texture if the parts were going to be ceramic coated. Our sand blast cabinet will evenly texture the surface with 80-grit aluminum oxide. The blast cabinet can easily fit long tube headers, x-pipes and some mid-pipes.

Once sandblasted, parts are carefully handled and ceramic coated using industry leading ceramics from Cerakote. We chose to apply Jet black ceramic for a stealth look. The ceramic coating is applied both inside and outside of the manifold and cured at 650F for 1 hr. Once cured, the part is ready to be installed with no further break-in required.

For these, he will be charging $300 ported + $80 coated = $380 ported/coated for the PAIR.

http://socalporting.com/contact/
https://www.facebook.com/socal.porting/?fref=ts
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote