MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 07-30-2004   #1
illz

looking at the diagrams, it seems the passenger-side AC line that runs up by the strut tower should have a fitting (blue cap) by the sight glass. This is the low-pressure side line and that's the fitting used to charge the system (according to the tech manual). The high-side fitting (red cap) is on the driver's side, closer to the front bumper. However, on my 93, I don't have any low-pressure side fitting. The line is solid from the evap canister up to the sight glass, and solid from there to the firewall fitting, where it connects to the larger diameter hard line that runs to the compressor.

Am I missing something here? Did I get a wackjob low-side line with no fitting or is there another low-pressure side fill fitting somewhere I can't see? The tech manual shows it right by the sight glass, but nothin there on mine. Damned if I can find any blue-capped port in the lines.
Old 07-31-2004   #2
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
Is your car still running R12 or has it been converted to R134A? My car has been converted. If I get bored tomorrow,I will climb up in the rafters and check mine out.
Old 07-31-2004   #3
illz

nevermind. i found that the low side port is on the compressor itself. i was misinterpreting the dual-pressure switch as the low-side port in the diagrams.