MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 10-07-2005   #21
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: Which wideband to get?

yeah i was wondering what that knock setting was in the settings portion of my safc, so is that pretty much for setting tolerance levels basically saying what would be considered knock and what is not. almost putting a filter on the reading of the microphone?
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #22
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

yep
Old 10-07-2005   #23
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

thanks for the info shane.
and not only are you the fastest 2g in MN but the fastest one in our hearts.... lol
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #24
Onefast99gsx

Well i think i'm gonna order a wideband from extremepsi tommorow. The PLX M-250 is on sale for $265 shipped. I will wire it to my dsmlink. I have a question for you guys running PLX units. It looks as though it won't register anything richer than 10.0:1 a/f. Is this true. So what happens when you're richer than 10? Do you just get a dead reading until you keep leaning it out to the point were you are finally over 10 a/f? Please let me kwow ASAP as I'm going to Rock next weekend. I don't know if it would ever be important to log that low but i was just wondering if you guys find it as a real limitation.

Thanks.
Onefast99gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005   #25
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

Only reading to 10.0:1 is fine. You aren't going to want to run richer than that or even in the low 10s. The ones that only read down to 11.0:1 are a problem. If you are richer than 10.0:1 they usually say "rich" or just 10.0:1, and yea, you just keep leaning it out until you get on the board.
Old 10-09-2005   #26
Onefast99gsx

I'm gonna order the M-250. BTW- I stated the price wrong. It's actually $246 shipped. That's probably the cheapest you'll find it anywhere.
Old 10-09-2005   #27
1ViciousGSX
Admin

I had a bung added to my down pipe right near the drive axle area, betwwen the axle and the steering/firewall area. Lots of room to install it with the harness facing up, which something they also recommend. The AEM stops at 11.0:1, won't show any richer. But I can use DSMLink to see it.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #28
Onefast99gsx

I just ordered the PLX M-250 this morning. Same as the 300 but without the display. The display light renders useless to me anyway because i got too much other stuff to look at going down the track already, RPMS, EGT, CEL light(knock) reported by dsmlink and the track itself. Don't have time to look at any other shit.
Old 10-10-2005   #29
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Drives: GTS and E55

I am getting the innovate one for 199.99 shipped.

7/25/09
Motorcycle cop pulls up next to me on UNI and says "Want to race?"
Me- "I don't think you would stand a chance."
Cop says "probably not" and drives off.
slowbubblecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005   #30
Onefast99gsx

Is that the ones that are selling on ebay? Basically just a cable deal that you hook to a laptop?? I'm not sure if those have a 0-5V output for like if you ever want to rig it up to your logger like dsmlink. Of course if you never plan to then its irrelavant.
Old 10-11-2005   #31
CDeutsch

DSMLink will show 10:1 when it goes below that. The display unit will says "Rich" on the PLX M-300. I'd still recommend a gauge. It's always nice to have the data without a laptop.
CDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #32
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Drives: GTS and E55

I know a lot of people on the dsmlink forum are useing it so I am pretty sure it works. I didn't plan on getting the guage one because I cant really adjust anything without having the laptop open anyways right? I figured there wasn't much of a point for me to pay $100 more for a guage, have to get another pod for the guage because my triple is filled, and because I won't be messing with the thing on a day to day basis.

7/25/09
Motorcycle cop pulls up next to me on UNI and says "Want to race?"
Me- "I don't think you would stand a chance."
Cop says "probably not" and drives off.
slowbubblecar is offline   Reply With Quote