MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 11-29-2008   #21
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: Rattle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshanson View Post
Why the 6 puck? How much power do you make?
I made 333 when i dyno tuned at GTPro (But the guy did not know how to tune DSMLink and was having issues with logging so we never got a good tune out of it) Retuned with a local guy and set up dsmlinks HP rating so it matched the dyno results with logs from the dyno tune, so the HP Properties were correct, and after the retune with a local guy it was hitting 429HP. Although i think the Southbend clutch i had was slipping badly. Which i think has really be causing a problem especially lately. Thus a new clutch with more clamping force then the southbend DXD non-SS, should cause the car to actually put the power to the ground.
Mod List: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=327387711
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #22
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

I was saying that with a 2900 you probably could have used a regular disc, aren't the 6 pucks a little harsh for street driving?
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #23
tpunx99GSX

Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshanson View Post
I was saying that with a 2900 you probably could have used a regular disc, aren't the 6 pucks a little harsh for street driving?
I currently have a 6 puck and its perfectly fine on the street. Really not harsh at all. But i look for a fast engagement in a clutch.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
Old 11-30-2008   #24
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

So was the worn out disc the cause of the rattle?
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #25
tpunx99GSX

Yeah im thinking so. It was down to the rivets.
Old 12-07-2008   #26
tpunx99GSX

So the new clutch is in and grabs like a mad man. Loving it. But the rattle is still present. but after listening to it closely originally it sounded like it was coming from the tranny area, but now its sounding like a really loud lifter tick. So tomorrow im gonna pull the VC and retorque the bolts on the cams. Hopefully i will be able to find the problem. I only wish i could start the car with the VC off so i could perhaps get a visual confirmation as to what is going on.
Old 12-07-2008   #27
joem
Banned

Drives: 1991 Talon awd auto

It will start and run with the VC off just a little messy. Ive done this many times. On chevys (5.0, 5.7, ect) you adjust the valves while its running.
Joe
joem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #28
tpunx99GSX

can anyone verify if this can be done on a dsm without messing soemthing up or spraying oil everywhere? basically i would need to have it warmed up first before it starts to rattle.
Also i have the revised lifters so im sure its not the normal lifter tick.
Old 12-07-2008   #29
tpunx99GSX

What a scary day.
first of all i retorqued the cams because the clicking is still there after the clutch install, which is causing a shit ton of knock, so the car still loses all power after 3k rpm, i put the vc back on and try and start the car, and it sounds like theres no compression, i check compression in cylinders 1 and 2 and they are both at zero
open the vc again and check it out and everything looks normal, check compression on 2 again and its showing zero but the car all of the sudden sounds like it has compression again. so i put in the spark plugs and try and start it, it starts but sounds like it is only running off 2 cylinders
shut it off, recheck the spark plugs and reseat them, and start the car and it idles perfectly. but the tick is still there, im going to change the oil as per hughes and see if that was the problem all along.
regardless the clutch needed changing, it engages really hard and i love it
my car is possesed today