MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2012   #1
89_Colt_GT

Drives: Swifty Crazy
2G Brake Upgrade, '05-'06 Outlander Parts

I stumbled upon this. I was going to be redoing my brakes this spring and it seems like a cheap upgrade.

Supposedly 2g guys just need a bracket and rotors. I priced the rotor at $55 a piece (napa) and the bracket at $65 from the dealer or these guys..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-SET-Performance-Drilled-Slotted-Brake-Rotors-FREE-SHIP-FREE-ZINC-/230754558948?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Year%3A2005%7CModel%3AOutlander&vxp=mtr&hash =item35ba0b23e4

So roughly $240 for an extra 2" of brake meat!! Any Thoughts??
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/arti...e-upgrade.html

(Pasted)
There are several good threads on this topic, but I thought I would put this into a Tech Article with focus on weight and add some of my own photos.

One of the problems with upgrading your brakes, is that such upgrade is usually accompanied with increase in weight. Some aftermarket brake kits, like TCE, will gave you big brakes with reduction in weight, but not everyone can afford it.

So, until recently, “big DSM” brake upgrade was THE way to give yourself a bit more braking capability for budget conscious enthusiasts. Everyone knew that “big brakes” were heavier, but they just took it as inevitable.

05/06 Outlander brakes emerged recently as a better/bigger upgrade, but I want to add an extra merit to this conversion: you get more brakes, for not much additional weight!

To do this swap, you will need:
05/06 Outlander caliper brackets MR307282 and two piston calipers (Outlander calipers use 2G style of brake lines, so 1G guys will ether have to use 93/94/GVR4 calipers with these brackets or do some creative plumbing, to adapt the lines)
05/06 Outlander rotors (stock shields will have to be bent back)

That is IT! No other parts or adaptors!

I sourced my complete Outlander calipers at Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market, most of these junk yards will ship parts for relatively low cost. And since you are already paying for shipping, find a place in the south, so that you get some rust free parts!

As for rotors, there are dozens of sources to get them!

Last edited by 89_Colt_GT; 03-02-2012 at 03:22 PM..
89_Colt_GT is offline   Reply With Quote