MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Old 11-16-2009   #1
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Drives: 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Spooling Fiddy Trim Style
Conflict resolution Part 2

Follow link for whole explanation. http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24912

Now i have another problem of concern....The problem with the wheel-bearing(s) I don't feel obligated to return the custom white wheels to chim...The reason for that is when i bought the car i was promised nothing was wrong with the car except for the intake manifold that needed to be swapped. I have a contract stating the car was in good working conditioned. Signed by both parties. As everyone can see it turned out to be a lot more then just the intake manifold. The whole hassle of spending hour after hour figuring out what the problem was with the car. I understand the car was sold as is...well if the car was sold as is 3 custom wheels came with the car. Not to mention the problem with the reverse gear. I will most likely need to purchase new shifter cables in order to get a appropriate length.

Next the stock wheels that i received are in very bad condition simply put 1 of them is not usuable. The other one wont work until a new tire is bought.

Granted stock wheels might be cheap tires are not. I have spend close to Four hundred in parts. Not including a new set of tires and rims.

As already mentioned i dont feel obligated to return the wheels. The same as chim did not feel obligated to give me a refund. I want to know what fellow forum members think about this situation.

I will have to purchase new bearings for both front sides. I have not checked the rear, but i assume they will need attention as well. The thread left on the custom wheels are less then 50%
Alpha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #2
Chim55117

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Re: Conflict resolution Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha D View Post
Follow link for whole explanation. http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24912

Now i have another problem of concern....The problem with the wheel-bearing(s) I don't feel obligated to return the custom white wheels to chim...The reason for that is when i bought the car i was promised nothing was wrong with the car except for the intake manifold that needed to be swapped. I have a contract stating the car was in good working conditioned. Signed by both parties. As everyone can see it turned out to be a lot more then just the intake manifold. The whole hassle of spending hour after hour figuring out what the problem was with the car. I understand the car was sold as is...well if the car was sold as is 3 custom wheels came with the car. Not to mention the problem with the reverse gear. I will most likely need to purchase new shifter cables in order to get a appropriate length.

Next the stock wheels that i received are in very bad condition simply put 1 of them is not usuable. The other one wont work until a new tire is bought.

Granted stock wheels might be cheap tires are not. I have spend close to Four hundred in parts. Not including a new set of tires and rims.

As already mentioned i dont feel obligated to return the wheels. The same as chim did not feel obligated to give me a refund. I want to know what fellow forum members think about this situation.

I will have to purchase new bearings for both front sides. I have not checked the rear, but i assume they will need attention as well. The thread left on the custom wheels are less then 50%

Alright, guys, Alpha D is obviously one siding this to an annoying extent.

Sold the car, told him the WHAT I KNEW at the time of sale to him. I had 3 of my Enkei's on there because I figured that he would return them, and I would give him the steelies.

We said that the enkei's were extra to the cost of the car, and he would be getting the steelies. I DID say that the steelies did NOT hold air.

Now that I already gave him the steelies, he won't give me my damn rims back, because he feels like I wronged him.

I seriously don't have time for him acting like a kid and feeling like he's justified in taking my rims.

Just because he doesn't feel "obligated" because new things came up, doesn't mean that he can keep them.

Seriously, he bought a DSM, and now thinks that every problem other than what I mentioned must be linked back to me. The wheel bearings are my fault? Thanks.

Learn to spell, give me my rims back.

If any of the members on this forum have any sense, they would be fustrated as hell in my shoes too, when I've been trying to help Alpha trouble shoot from day one.

The engine was picked up from guys on this forum, WE installed it, and did assembly other than the longblock and head being together.

I even went so far today as going to NAPA, getting my original receipt for him so he can exchange the battery in the car under warranty.

Seriously, his arguement of "wheels as compensation" can go to hell.
Chim55117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #3
deadeye

Drives: 95 TSi AWD POS

Sounds to me like you guys need to roushambou and whoever is still standing gets their way.
Old 11-16-2009   #4
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Heck i would tear that kid apart!!! That is how freaking angry i am! I need the key to get your ""custom wheels off". Chim:I am busy i work. Dude i gotta get this car running. Chim: Come see me after work. Year right at like 11PM. Chim: Hey alpha why don't you come get your stuff after school. I drive all the way from freaking Bloomington to Little Canada get there where is my stuff not there...I call him....Chim: Oh i am sorry i called my dad and he put the stuff back inside the garage...Like dude what the heck is wrong with you!!! Did you fall on your head or something?!
Old 11-16-2009   #5
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Drives: V10 Touareg, Beater Jetta, Evo IX

Sounds like you both owe each other a couple beers.

The level this has escalated to is pretty ridiculous, but honestly, unless the wheels not being part of the sale was in writing, he's pretty much on the honor system for it, unless you get cops involved and show them this thread.

Seriously, Alpha, this is how DSMs work. One thing after another breaks when they change hands, you find shit out after you buy it, and you live and learn. First rule of thumb is generally to buy something that runs unless it's specifically going to be a project car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.
cmspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #6
Chim55117

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmspaz View Post
Sounds like you both owe each other a couple beers.

The level this has escalated to is pretty ridiculous, but honestly, unless the wheels not being part of the sale was in writing, he's pretty much on the honor system for it, unless you get cops involved and show them this thread.

Seriously, Alpha, this is how DSMs work. One thing after another breaks when they change hands, you find shit out after you buy it, and you live and learn. First rule of thumb is generally to buy something that runs unless it's specifically going to be a project car.
I'm not pissed to that point. I seriously just want my rims back.

Blah... I hate the internet.
Old 11-16-2009   #7
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Cop's don't sound to bad at this point! I would of already filed the complaint!!! If i didnt put so much money into the car! I talked to a lawyer. Yet we are all forum people. This is not some stupid local forum where a bunch of idiots gather, and try to talk smack about each other. People on the forum should be able to take each others word. Not having to question them pretty much interrogating each other. Making sure they get consistent answers! Telling me i did a boost leak down test! Never realized that the inter cooler was crap! Funny to how you said the seals needed to be rebuild when you, and your brother had just replaced them. Chim your story's don't add up man they dont. I was not angry at all until 2 night!!! When every freaking lug nut i took of got stuck in the socket lol. Cause you were to lazy to find the key for the wheels!!!!

Hahah and sorry maybe a sunday at Micky D'z I dont drink....yet lol ^_^
Old 11-16-2009   #8
Chim55117

Quote:
Cop's don't sound to bad at this point! I would of already filed the complaint!!! If i didnt put so much money into the car! I talked to a lawyer. Yet we are all forum people. This is not some stupid local forum where a bunch of idiots gather, and try to talk smack about each other. People on the forum should be able to take each others word. Not having to question them pretty much interrogating each other. Making sure they get consistent answers! Telling me i did a boost leak down test! Never realized that the inter cooler was crap! Funny to how you said the seals needed to be rebuild when you, and your brother had just replaced them. Chim your story's don't add up man they dont. I was not angry at all until 2 night!!! When every freaking lug nut i took of got stuck in the socket lol. Cause you were to lazy to find the key for the wheels!!!!

Hahah and sorry maybe a sunday at Micky D'z I dont drink....yet lol ^_^

Alpha, I'm not so much pissed as fustrated, so don't get me wrong. It's a late night, I'm sick with the H1N1, and typing a paper.

I did do a leak down test. While testing I did not notice that intercooler was leaking. I did find a leak from the throttle body area.

If I sound somewhat irriate, it is because I need those rims back soon for my brother's Eclipse GSX.

On the note of forum members, I really do want you to know that I did not intentionally leave out any details. For example, when you said that comment regarding the ecu wiring? I had no idea about that. What made me angry was that you wrote in a way that made it appear that I knew about that problem!
Old 11-16-2009   #9
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

cmspaz things dont brake if the car is not TOUCHED AT ALL! The car was not driven!!! Unless of course DSM are so fragile if you pop the hood...vacuum leaks pop out of no where trannys start crapping out....then i would understand and let all this simple go....
Old 11-16-2009   #10
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Everyone is in the wrong here.

Chim - You sold a crap car and mislead the buyer regarding the issues it had, simple as that. You should have never left your wheels on that car but you did so now you might as well write them off b/c you have no claim to them as things stand.

Alpha - You're in way over your head. You bought what was basically a non-running DSM with no research on your part and not much knowledge regarding these cars. Like I tell everyone new to the DSM game, buy a decent condition stock car thats runs/drive nicely relative to its age. Used cars will always need maintenance whether they're 2 years or 20 years old and honestly $400 isn't that much in the big picture. My advice, piece it together the best you can and sell it off as a project car for someone with more DSM experience to dissect and buy yourself a stock running 1G.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #11
Chim55117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Everyone is in the wrong here.

Chim - You sold a crap car and mislead the buyer regarding the issues it had, simple as that. You should have never left your wheels on that car but you did so now you might as well write them off b/c you have no claim to them as things stand.

Alpha - You're in way over your head. You bought what was basically a non-running DSM with no research on your part and not much knowledge regarding these cars. Like I tell everyone new to the DSM game, buy a decent condition stock car thats runs/drive nicely relative to its age. Used cars will always need maintenance whether they're 2 years or 20 years old and honestly $400 isn't that much in the big picture. My advice, piece it together the best you can and sell it off as a project car for someone with more DSM experience to dissect and buy yourself a stock running 1G.
Sent you a PM, Kracka.
Old 11-16-2009   #12
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

$400!!! Well if you say so kracka. You might be right maybe i am in over my head. For the most part i think i did ok for never have ever owned a DSM. A Car is car they all pretty much work under the same principle. My whole point is how is it possible to be all about ask forum people this ask forum people that. Conducting all kinds of tests yet you cant not see the obvious???!!! No matter how i think about it i cant understand.

Granted without car psycho i would be out an additional $460 making it a total of $860 at that point it gets kind of ridicules. Spending hours figuring out all possibility why the car wont run right!

For the entertainment of people reading this. When i did the compression test! I got a reading of 100-1st cylinder 100-2nd cylinder 115-3rd cylinder and 120-4th cylinder. Now this might be due to the fact fuel washed all the oil away from the walls. Therefore giving a low compression reading. Due to the fact the cylinders are not properly sealed. I assume chim never did a compression test neither!
Old 11-16-2009   #13
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
$400!!! Well if you say so kracka.
For comparison, I paid $1900 for my last DSM ('92 Laser AWD) and immediately after buying it I put ~$500 into the car as preventative maintenance. These cars are nearing 20 years old and many of them have been modded and beaten for at least half their lives so maintenance and repairs are to be expected.
Old 11-16-2009   #14
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Hey you need wheels back right???!! How about i give you those BUSTED DOWN SWIRLY's BACK! I love how you are telling people they are for your brother....When you told me they are suppose to be your track wheels for your VR-4??!! Hmmmm right there that shows you are two faced man AGAIN!!
Old 11-16-2009   #15
Chim55117

Quote:
Hey you need wheels back right???!! How about i give you those BUSTED DOWN SWIRLY's BACK! I love how you are telling people they are for your brother....When you told me they are suppose to be your track wheels for your VR-4??!! Hmmmm right there that shows you are two faced man AGAIN!!
I'm two faced? Thanks.

I planned to use them as a backup set of track wheels, but at the current moment, my brother needs a complete set of rims for his GSX this winter.

That's not called being two faced.
Old 11-16-2009   #16
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Definitely kracker that makes a lot of sense! The whole reason why i bought the car was because my budget was 3000$ Well I am at 2400! With quite a bit of more stuff to come! Simple buy your wheels back or kiss them goodbye. Or come up with a better solution those are my conditions to a fair settlement.
Old 11-16-2009   #17
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Enough arguing. This whole situation is a mess, you're both winding up losers in the deal, lets keep all future postings to figuring out how you two are going to handle this situation. You both know my advice. You both made promises in this deal and neither of you are holding up your end of the bargain.

Chim - You yourself say the car was sold as-is which is fine, but as-is includes the wheels it was rolled away on.

Alpha - Sounds that that engine is junk. I don't know what to tell you, you bought a DSM without a good inspection or a test-drive.

Last edited by Kracka; 11-16-2009 at 11:54 PM..
Old 11-16-2009   #18
viridionplague

Drives: 1991 talon tsi, 1991 stealth

another comparison, i paid 5k for my 91, kid told me it was pushing some oil past the valve seals, turns out the turbo was shot, then i was told i would get a little cash, plus new shocks (forgot to pick up with the car), when the kid came to the cities.

never heard a thing from him, ended up spending around 1200 on the car within the first couple weeks of having it.
viridionplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #19
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Telling a complete different story on the forums or with holding detail is being two faced. Your brother needs wheels right? He can have the swrly's!
Old 11-16-2009   #20
viridionplague

Drives: 1991 talon tsi, 1991 stealth

i agree with kracka, i think it would be best if the both of you just cut your losses, leave each other alone, and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

there is just alot of "he said this, and he said that" weather its true or not, its still one's word vs the others, and unless its on paper, just let it go
viridionplague is offline   Reply With Quote