MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Old 06-19-2014   #81
golden763

Drives: 95talon tsi
Re: Golden763 - BAD GUY!! any info on user?

The car is at my g mas house and I'm staying at my other g mas in Anoka or I would have no problem sending a picture and I understand where he is coming from id be pissed to but can't change it now but like I said gonna get straitened out one way or another
golden763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #82
polishmafia
Smells like cat poop

Drives: an evo's fat korean cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden763 View Post
Got back to him today now that I had a minute
I'm really glad you found a minute in your day to get back to him. Its not like he could call the car in as stolen and you could be facing grand theft auto charges.

If you really cared about this situation, you would keep in contact with the owner every fucking second of the day. I have the feeling that you don't think this is a serious situation.

If it were me, I would have called the police, filed a report and contacted my lawyer by now. It wouldn't matter the monetary cost. I would fuck you over out of spite.
polishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #83
jeremy1375

Drives: 1990 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden763 View Post
The car is at my g mas house and I'm staying at my other g mas in Anoka or I would have no problem sending a picture and I understand where he is coming from id be pissed to but can't change it now but like I said gonna get straitened out one way or another
I hope you guy's can work things out.

If not, I am willing to help out with a repossession. Portum89 you can PM me and I'll do what I can to help you out. I'm familiar with some eviction laws so it shouldn't be hard to get up to speed on repo laws.

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/for...pplication.pdf
jeremy1375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #84
dsmreck

Drives: 98 gsx

^ wtf repossession i'd have made that ass sit in jail for this shit if I was him, but thank god i'll never give my car away like this.
dsmreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #85
jeremy1375

^ I'm not saying Mr. Golden shouldn't be in jail. But, falsifying a police report?! Why take that chance? Then he's [portum89] out his car AND in legal trouble. The car wasn't stolen, there was an agreement and the buyer breached it. Based on everyones idea of filing it as stolen, that same logic would allow Visa to have you arrested for stealing their money if you didn't pay the bill!
Old 06-19-2014   #86
polishmafia
Smells like cat poop

Drives: an evo's fat korean cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1375 View Post
^ I'm not saying Mr. Golden shouldn't be in jail. But, falsifying a police report?! Why take that chance? Then he's [portum89] out his car AND in legal trouble. The car wasn't stolen, there was an agreement and the buyer breached it. Based on everyones idea of filing it as stolen, that same logic would allow Visa to have you arrested for stealing their money if you didn't pay the bill!
Sounds like you are swinging from Mr. Golden's nutsack. (Kinda)

The owner of the car has the title. He can not confirm where the car is currently. Mr. Golden saying there was a "verbal agreement" and the owner of the car reporting the car as stolen... Shit, even Judge Judy would see through this bullshit.

And if you knew the law, and your "logic", Visa does not have you agree to a verbal contract. "Hey Visa, can I have $10,000?" I'm pretty sure they don't just say "ok".

So act according to the law, help out the owner of the car get his items back like you said you would, and other than that don't say shit that could get you called as a witness in a court of law.
polishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014   #87
jeremy1375

Judge Judy deals in civil issues. You are talking about a criminal act. The burden of proof is not the same. You're talking a big game and you've got zero skin in the game. All golden has to do is show communication between himself and the seller and the issue about it being stolen is dead. Any text, voicemail, online communication would be evidence. It's very heartwarming to see how you're willing to risk him perjuring himself so you can be right. Mob mentality is currently in force on the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portum89 View Post
I did try reporting it stolen at the maple grove police office, due to the fact that we had a verbal agreement it couldnt be reported as stolen and had to go through civil court. What i will do then is call the cambridge police, report it stolen and not give any details on the agreement. The thing is that the car is most likely parted out by now with the engine torn, the guy has my set of eagle rods n weisco pistons, bearings, polished crank etc...has all my stuff...if i get the car im sure i wont get it with the engine parts or engine alone.

Last edited by jeremy1375; 06-20-2014 at 12:41 AM..
Old 06-20-2014   #88
jeremy1375

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/...es/?id=609.505
Old 06-20-2014   #89
portum89

Drives: 1999 Eclipse Spyder Gst <p> 2006 Bmw E90 325xi

Thanks for the replies and indeed im not so sure about telling the cops a different story. Unfortunately there was an agreement made, i admit to my mistake of not following through before. Its my mistake for letting the car go just like that. But also i have never experienced a similar situation before, not from style. Tyler agreed that by tomorrow he would have a big lump sum, or my car and parts ready to take. Whatever its said tomorrow will be final, if nothing is said i will personally go get my stuff and whatever i can find of my parts, then take legal action. Its in his best interest to cooperate, he knows it before its too late. I will stay posted, thanks again.

99 Spyder GS-T 16g / 264's / 550ccs / Reflash OWN
portum89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014   #90
dsmreck

Jeremy and golden would be a deadly combo. Theif and the lawer who drives a 90. Playing the hmmm idk maybe I should roll over game is over. Time for action before this poor kid who still thinks everyone out there is a good persons car is completely fucked from his life.
Old 06-20-2014   #91
dsmreck

Portum you have 20 people telling you the same thing and one guy batting for do nothing. How much advise is needed? Post this to a bigger forum and see what the response is.
Old 06-20-2014   #92
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Quote:
Judge Judy deals in civil issues. You are talking about a criminal act. The burden of proof is not the same. You're talking a big game and you've got zero skin in the game. All golden has to do is show communication between himself and the seller and the issue about it being stolen is dead. Any text, voicemail, online communication would be evidence. It's very heartwarming to see how you're willing to risk him perjuring himself so you can be right. Mob mentality is currently in force on the issue.
So you're recognizing this verbal agreement. So, is that agreement not a two way street? Why does it sound like you're saying the one who did not fulfill his half of the agreement is protected? Not fulfilling his portion, how is that not stealing? Makes no sense to me. If I go buy a TV, act like I have full intentions of paying for it, but write a check that bounces 2 days later after I already brought the TV home. That's not stealing? I can just keep on living my life and never expect police to show up at my door?
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014   #93
dsmreck

^ settle down halon some people lack common sence and giving them perfectly acceptable explainations or annologies is no way to treat them
Old 06-20-2014   #94
Halon
Pewp Champion

Old 06-20-2014   #95
jeremy1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
So you're recognizing this verbal agreement. So, is that agreement not a two way street? Why does it sound like you're saying the one who did not fulfill his half of the agreement is protected? Not fulfilling his portion, how is that not stealing? Makes no sense to me. If I go buy a TV, act like I have full intentions of paying for it, but write a check that bounces 2 days later after I already brought the TV home. That's not stealing? I can just keep on living my life and never expect police to show up at my door?
If the police recognize the verbal agreement, why shouldn't I? They are the ones enforcing the issue. They are the ones who could arrest portum89 for falsifying a police report. Do you not understand that he would have to lie to report it stolen?

It would be a shame if portum89 reported it stolen, got in trouble for falsifying a police report, and golden763 suffered no consequences. That is the situation I don't want to see happen.

As far as golden763, he could crash into a wall and die a fiery death and I'd feel like he got what was coming to him. No matter what I or anyone else feels about him, the legal facts are what they are.
Old 06-20-2014   #96
jeremy1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmreck View Post
Jeremy and golden would be a deadly combo. Theif and the lawer who drives a 90. Playing the hmmm idk maybe I should roll over game is over. Time for action before this poor kid who still thinks everyone out there is a good persons car is completely fucked from his life.
I'm not a lawyer. I offered to help him repossess. You are offering armchair advice that could get him in trouble.
Old 06-20-2014   #97
Halon
Pewp Champion

Quote:
If the police recognize the verbal agreement, why shouldn't I? They are the ones enforcing the issue. They are the ones who could arrest portum89 for falsifying a police report. Do you not understand that he would have to lie to report it stolen?

It would be a shame if portum89 reported it stolen, got in trouble for falsifying a police report, and golden763 suffered no consequences. That is the situation I don't want to see happen.

As far as golden763, he could crash into a wall and die a fiery death and I'd feel like he got what was coming to him. No matter what I or anyone else feels about him, the legal facts are what they are.
Relax dude! It was as simple question, and you completely dodged it and are getting defensive. I'm not a lawyer, you seem more versed in legal jargon, so I'm just asking here, not making a statement or attacking you. So I'll try again.

I never suggested falsifying a police report (others may have but not me), so we can just put that item to rest. All I said is to report it stolen. I never suggested to withhold or hide details, or lie to them them when you call it in stolen. Give them the details. To me, whether you recognize the agreement or not, this is still stolen.

I never told you not to recognize the agreement, all I'm trying to say is if the agreement is recognizable (by you, the cops, the virgin mary), then why does it sound like your saying the only person responsible for this agreement is Portam, why isn't the entire agreement recognized? There's two people involved in this agreement, both of which had obligations, right? The agreement wasn't "Golden you get the car, period". It was probably more like "Golden you get the car, Portam you get money, deal". So why does it sound like you're saying Golden is off the hook simply because an agreement was made? He never fulfilled his part of the agreement, doesn't that matter? Does this verbal agreement just gives him until the end of eternity to fulfill his half? Portam gave him the car (he fulfilled his half). Golden hasn't paid him in over a year now (violation of his half). That is stolen. No different than if you agreed to sell me a turbo, I show up, write you a bad check and leave with the turbo, and I just ignore you for a year. Is that not stealing?

The question is, Golden never fulfilled his part of the agreement, he now has possesion of car that he never paid for, and doesn't have the title to. HOW IS THIS NOT STOLEN?

Last edited by Halon; 06-20-2014 at 02:07 PM..
Old 06-20-2014   #98
jeremy1375

In your last post, you mentioned using a bad check and that is a completely different issue that doen't apply here.

I'll do my best to explain. If I were to go to a store and walk out with a tv and not stop at the register or make any agreement with any store personnel, I would be stealing the tv. I never legally possessed it and that is a crime.

On the other hand, if I go into a store and they offer me payment plan and we agree on it, then I walk out of the store with the tv, I've legally taken possession of the tv. I still haven't paid for it, but I've legally taken possession. At this point, the laws that govern the transaction are contractual and a civil matter. If I don't pay them, they can call me, sent my account to collections, and do all sorts of other things, but I'd be guilty of no criminal offense. The worst that could happen is a judge in a civil court could order me to give the tv back and pay some fees. But, it's up to the store to initiate that transaction with the courts. The police aren't involved in the issue.

In the case of vehicles, at least there are repo laws to get the vehicle back without going to court.

Does this explanation help to distinguish things?

Last edited by jeremy1375; 06-20-2014 at 03:17 PM..
Old 06-20-2014   #99
portum89

Drives: 1999 Eclipse Spyder Gst <p> 2006 Bmw E90 325xi

I tried reporting it stolen already. What the police officer said due to my situation it was a civil manner therefore not considered stolen. I can try again at the local police station in cambridge tomorrow if tonight nothing is settled. Will stay posted.

99 Spyder GS-T 16g / 264's / 550ccs / Reflash OWN
portum89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014   #100
blackawdtsi

Drives: 2G DSM

I have experience with trying to enforce verbal agreements and even court orders.

Police do not want to and will not get involved in civil issues.
blackawdtsi is offline   Reply With Quote