MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 04-25-2006   #1
volcomamskater

Hydraulic clutch issues...

Hey, I couldn't find anybody who had this problem in the forum anywhere. Me and my buddy Terre just installed a new ACT 2100 clutch into my 97 GST, after we got it done we bled the system even though we didnt open it up. But now the push rod by the clutch pedal that you can adjust keeps giving me problems, I think the first time I put it to far into the master cylinder, because the clutch was hard and stiff, so I brought it back out a bit, that made it to mushy, so after some fandangling I thought I got it to where I liked it. Well then I'm guessing it adjusted itself or something and even though I tightened the nut on the rod, the clutch pedal became hard again and wouldnt shift into gear, like it was always engaged. I bought a new slave cylinder, yet to install and ordered a new master cylinder. But other than that does anybody know or have had this kind of issue? Any comments are appreciated, thanks.
volcomamskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #2
clean2g
Boost Junkie

Drives: I teleport
Send a message via AIM to clean2g
Re: Hydraulic clutch issues...

Did you replace the clutch fork, clutch fork pivot ball, and TOB when you put the ACT 2100 in? Were any of the cylinders leaking?

Last edited by clean2g; 04-25-2006 at 08:01 PM..
clean2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #3
CDeutsch

2G pedal pump up:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/c...ywheeltech.htm

It's a bitch.
CDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #4
volcomamskater

Yea it came with a new throw out bearing, but no, we didn't replace the fork or pivot ball. We didn't see any leaking from anywhere, I figured the cylinders were still good. The car has a 118000 miles so it's probaly pass due for replacement. And I did get the flywheel resurfaced, but we didn't shim it, I don't know how big a deal that would make? since it's such a miniscule amount taken off? Well I'll thread back after I replace the two cylinders and let you know if it made a diffrence.
volcomamskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006   #5
tim

Although you problem doesnt sound like it is derived from this but did you verify the step height after having the flywheel machined?
tim is offline   Reply With Quote