MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Official MitsuStyle.com Topics

Old 01-29-2005   #101
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: Challenge Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Well im glad someone finally said something about the "set-up" at QPR. I guess I should thank you for stating that in a public thread so all can view. Now I really see what kind of business they run. So thank you.
What the hell do you expect when you drop off parts that don't have a car to go in to? Do you expect people to not ask questions when they see something sitting on the floor in a cardboard box? You act as if you paid a million dollars for this project to be shrouded in secrecy. You're not building a fucking spaceship.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005   #102
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95tsi
This site used to be kinda cool. I didn't think the DSM guys/girls on this site are quite as bad as others. Guess I was wrong. Maybe I'll see some of you at the track but, hopefully not.
This is just one thread out of many that was specially created for people to banter back and forth in. The reason being is that we didn't want the tech threads and for sale ads being littered with off topic posts.

I think this is funny, and I don't take it serious at all. Its all fun and games to me. I can't speak for anybody else but I take whatever said about me with a grain of salt.

We needed people to get some motivation to get there cars done and I think its working. There are going to be a lot of quick domestics out next year that need some beatings.

CRAIG
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005   #103
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Stop talkin so much shit. You know you can't put a engine together correctly. I would love to see your car put down 600WHP. Is it going to happen? Hell no it isn't. How about this. You set the date for the dyno and I well be there. If you make that 600FWHP mark fine than you win BUT if you fail I get to laugh right in your face (was going to happen at any rate). Either way I come out ahead. Lets see if you figure out why.
I DARE you to laugh in my face.

I can't put an engine together correctly? Name an engine that I put together that failed due to not being built correctly. Out of the 3, the only one that failed was the last one and that was strictly a tuning issue, the bottom end is still fine. The pistons have some pitting from the high temps, so I am replacing them but the rest of the bottom end is fine.

Now, lets see what the infamous Iceman has accomplished in the DSM world.... Yeah, that is about it. Nothing. Oh yeah, you bought some parts and talked about having a fast car, but then you sold the parts. Wow. Yeah, I guess that gives you a lot of room to talk about anything. Actually, that sounds like all of HORT. All I have heard is talk. Have any of you guys even been to the track? How about the dyno? Until you actually do something, I suggest you all quit spouting off to people that have actually done something.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005   #104
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Wait until spring, why? Let's do it now. I won't even turn the boost up. I guess I can wait until spring, just gives me some motovation to get my car tuned and making that "350whp". But we do this from a stop, none of this from a roll shit. Real racing is from a stop.
350whp? You wish. I bet you don't even have head studs in your car yet.
Old 01-29-2005   #105
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa
so wait... this "hort" crew who in my opinion... Have no idea about whats going on with a dsm... just look at the set-up thats sitting at qpr I mean come on... lol you all know what I'm talking about lol.... anyways. I'm up for what ever comes my way for a drag...

Kevin
The sad thing is he was informed that the setup will work by a reputable person. The "secret setup" is now sitting in open boxes all over the QPR floor if anyone wants to see. Santa even knows and I nor James have never talked to him... Not a secret anymore. Strange how words can spread so quickly without anyone telling.
Old 01-29-2005   #106
john
Business as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D.
What the hell do you expect when you drop off parts that don't have a car to go in to? Do you expect people to not ask questions when they see something sitting on the floor in a cardboard box? You act as if you paid a million dollars for this project to be shrouded in secrecy. You're not building a fucking spaceship.
I told James not to bring the larger parts over there. He said it was fine as he brought the parts over it boxes. The last time I was there, the turbo was sitting in the middle of one of the car stalls, on the floor with the box open and uncovered.

By the way Craig, I will say anything to anyone, whenever I want. Your little "dsm clique" is not the world.
Old 01-29-2005   #107
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92tsiawd84
Quicker than I will ever be. Wheel spin is a big issue for you and John. Almost need slicks.
Wheelspin is a big issue for any AWD DSM making 400HP+, especially at Rock Falls where it's like launching on grease covered dirt road.
Old 01-29-2005   #108
john
Business as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
I DARE you to laugh in my face.

I can't put an engine together correctly? Name an engine that I put together that failed due to not being built correctly. Out of the 3, the only one that failed was the last one and that was strictly a tuning issue, the bottom end is still fine. The pistons have some pitting from the high temps, so I am replacing them but the rest of the bottom end is fine.

Now, lets see what the infamous Iceman has accomplished in the DSM world.... Yeah, that is about it. Nothing. Oh yeah, you bought some parts and talked about having a fast car, but then you sold the parts. Wow. Yeah, I guess that gives you a lot of room to talk about anything. Actually, that sounds like all of HORT. All I have heard is talk. Have any of you guys even been to the track? How about the dyno? Until you actually do something, I suggest you all quit spouting off to people that have actually done something.
Regarding Iceman, he had the parts and the money set down. The car did not get done. It seemed to be going nowhere for too long. He was heading to College (some place you guys should go) in Dec and the car would still not be put together after roughly a year time span. He is going to college for a year straight. No summer break, etc. He needed a car to drive and didn't have time to wait. This is a FACT. A few other people on here know it also. He sold his 98 gsx to beging the project, now he has a 97 gsx with a 6 bolt swap. Has no experience though....
Old 01-29-2005   #109
john
Business as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli
Wheelspin is a big issue for any AWD DSM making 400HP+, especially at Rock Falls where it's like launching on grease covered dirt road.
I know. And what I find funny is that people only want to race there. Not like there is not a better place in the cities.

Craig: You should use "buy" instead of "by" when referring to AEM in your post above. See, you learn something new everyday!
Old 01-29-2005   #110
john
Business as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
How many people to do you know that would run 40psi numers times on a dyno with there non-beater, stock bottom end car?
This was edited since last night and must have been by Allan (grammar wise).
Old 01-29-2005   #111
john
Business as usual

I am done with my bitching for now. Have a nice day.
Old 01-29-2005   #112
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Quote:
By the way Craig, I will say anything to anyone, whenever I want. Your little "dsm clique" is not the world.
That is respectable as long as anything you say, you would say to that person's face. If you will only do it sitting behind a computer monitor, that is pure cowardice.

And yes, I have been to college. Find out some facts before you open your mouth.

Last edited by JET; 01-29-2005 at 12:38 PM..
Old 01-29-2005   #113
Raptor
ConArtist

As far as the setup James has here, it is in a box covered and not normally out in plain sight, many people have asked about different parts associated with it and been denied an answer. Not a huge shop with areas to hide parts and engines in, There is only one of me and I can't keep an eye on everyone all the time to see what they are looking at. The questions are going to come it is somewhat unavoidable.

Some people need to keep in mind on this thread that shit talking is fine in most cases. Know where the line is. If you cross it with me it will be remembered and not taken lightly. You reap what you sow.

As far as the racing goes, I have too much work to do on customer cars to worry about my own so you guys can leave me out of the challenges this year. Last year I did 21 fully built motors, I have seven more in various stages right now, most of them local and several more that are planning, I am pretty sure most of them will do a decent job of representing my shop and at least what the engines can handle. I can't control what people people run for turbos, fuel setups etc only make suggestions. So their power output is in most cases still based on the decisions they make. The ones who have listened to mine and Josh's advice should do pretty wel l against the masses. All in all it should be an interesting year.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005   #114
john
Business as usual

Trust me, I do. I am the reinforcement for bitchy customers right now. I can take it and put it out pretty good in a face-face.
Old 01-29-2005   #115
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Quote:
I know. And what I find funny is that people only want to race there. Not like there is not a better place in the cities.
I don't of any other track in the cities. And don't say on the street.
Old 01-29-2005   #116
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Quote:
Regarding Iceman, he had the parts and the money set down. The car did not get done. It seemed to be going nowhere for too long. He was heading to College (some place you guys should go) in Dec and the car would still not be put together after roughly a year time span. He is going to college for a year straight. No summer break, etc. He needed a car to drive and didn't have time to wait. This is a FACT. A few other people on here know it also. He sold his 98 gsx to beging the project, now he has a 97 gsx with a 6 bolt swap. Has no experience though....
You don't built some crazy car that was supposed to run 9s overnight and it wouldn't have been a reliable, safe or practical car to have to drive around daily at college. Why not just buy some $500 beater or 2 for college?
Old 01-29-2005   #117
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Your little "dsm clique" is not the world.
Craig has a clique? The only clique that anyone here recognizes is HORT, and the fact that nothing worthwhile has yet to come out of their garages.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005   #118
CVD
Sten Sniper

Drives: Evo VIII RS
Send a message via AIM to CVD

Its interesting that a LOT of shit is being talked by a group of people that have never put out a respectable car. So far from them I've seen a lot of cars, a lot of parts, a lot of money, and a TON of shit talking. I'd like to see you guys put your money where your mouth is one of these days and stop talking all this shit you cant back up.
CVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005   #119
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Excellent idea CVD! I will race all 3 of the HORT boys for $200 each. Own up or shut up!

Old 01-29-2005   #120
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

WOW this thread is great, i cant believe i missed this.
Well heres my opinion of this whole situation.
When your behind a keyboard you say a lot of shit. (myself included) but when you challenge a guy that has put down numerous 11 second timeslips and you have a car that is running 13s at best you really should STFU because those 2 seconds or greater are going to seem mighty long and embarrassing.
I love how these nOObs come in here and challenge all the proven power makers when their car isnt even done yet then blame the shop. If you dont have all the parts and you need it in 2 weeks and you have been told it was going to take longer, then you should really not bad mouth the shop that is working on your car. If i were mike, the minute you posted that i would have left all of your shit on the curb and called you to come pick it up, luckly mike has more patiance then i do.
Im not going to challenge anyone until i have something to work with, (could be soon but im not making promises).
for you HORT guys here are a list of name that you shouldnt talk shit on:
Shane -He has video. enough said.
Nash -Get your facts straight before you even think of challenging him.
Jet -He has owned faster cars then yours.
John L -Youve seen him, Ive seen him. you will lose.
Craig -yeah he may be mouthy but he could pound any one of you.
Mike (Viscious) -He posted what he has, and its not tuned yet.
Im prolly forgetting some people.
and if you really think nash is running 350 hp look at number 6 thats all i have to say.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.

Last edited by CRAIG; 01-29-2005 at 02:55 PM..
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote