MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 04-20-2004   #1
Darth_Laser

Send a message via AIM to Darth_Laser
So, yesterday i picked up my car from elite, i hopped in and turned the key and.... nothing, they layed with wires and then jumped the battery and it started right up! I was toolin home and i threw the lights on and the car struggled..then resumed, i threw the radio on and it struggled and resumed again. Then as i was pulling into my driveway the thing shut off and wouldn't start again. I pushed it up my driveway and got into my other car, got a new battery put it in and !SPARK! tryed to start the car... nothing.. got another new battery and put it in and nothing..

First of all i assme the problem with the battery dying is a direct result of me needing a new alternator?

Next, do i just need to replace a fuse to get the power back in my car? Do you have any diagrams or hints on which fuse I would need to replace??

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated... Thanks
Darth_Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004   #2
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
Check your alternator fuse. It is located in the fuse box in the enginebay. Is it a 1g or 2g? I think a 2g takes a 100 amp fuse and a 1g takes a 80 amp. A new battery should start the car even with a bad alternator. The car would just die when the battery is drained. You have some other problem besides the alternator. Any mods to the car?
Old 04-20-2004   #3
Darth_Laser

I don't have any mods done to the car, just a few free mods. I realize that the car should start with a new battery and a bad alternator, thats why i am thinking i blew the fuse. So would replacing the alternator fuse get me power back to the car... I have no nothing, no radio, lights, anything! I checked and the 1G does take an 80 amp fuse.
Old 04-20-2004   #4
JustROLLIN
SpunBearing

Breakout Champion! Field Goal FootBall Champion!
You could have some bad parasitic loss going on. Do you have any aftermarket alarms or anything?
Old 04-20-2004   #5
Darth_Laser

The guy who owned the car before me did have an alarm, but he took it out before he sold it to me.
Old 04-20-2004   #6
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
Replace the alternator fuse first. It is associated with several problems like the parking lights and radio.