MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 05-22-2007   #41
1G_DSM

Drives: 1994 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto
Re: E85?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Hehee, that is Josh. I think it is the way you are asking the questions that is putting people off. You didn't say anything about searxhing past threads in the beginning and you are asking vague questions. Ask specific questions so we can give you a good answer.

Mine hasn't made it out of the driveway yet, but I got idle tuned nicely I am going to do some running around tomorrow and tune some(got tabs today).
Josh said I should get it by Friday when I ordered it, it's Monday now, lol. Must be on backorder or something. You can say it's how I ask the questions but I can easily say it's how people read my questions/answers and assume things you know what I mean? Tell me how that turns out when you take it out. I came here with good intentions and looking for some local DSM buddies but it seems that blew up pretty quick, lol.
1G_DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #42
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Well, the whole board seems to have taken it the wrong way, so I don't think it is our reading skills in question We are a pretty forgiving bunch, just cuz you got off on the wrong foot doesn't mean you will be shunned forever. Do an intro thread and let people get to know you more. Come to a few gatherings too, that is a great way to "fit in" better.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #43
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Well, the whole board seems to have taken it the wrong way, so I don't think it is our reading skills in question We are a pretty forgiving bunch, just cuz you got off on the wrong foot doesn't mean you will be shunned forever. Do an intro thread and let people get to know you more. Come to a few gatherings too, that is a great way to "fit in" better.
I wouldn't say the whole board, lol. I don't like intro threads for some reason. I'd rather get known by the people who want to get to know me, if that makes any sense. I need to fix my car before going anywhere first, like that's a big surprise, lol. Seriosly though my car is running like crap. Hopefully the wastagte comes in soon so LSE can make a few adjustments and dyno/tune it over there. I'll let you know how much I make if you're interested when I do.
Old 05-22-2007   #44
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

Agreed, if you would have posted a more specific question originally, like "who currently has E85 running in their car, and what have been your experiences with it? I searched, but only found people that are still working on implementing it." people would have been a little more willing to help you out initially. But now that people have narrowed down what you're looking for, it's easier to give real responses.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #45
carltalon

Drives: 98 Eclipse GSX Auto
Send a message via AIM to carltalon Send a message via Yahoo to carltalon

This is why no questions ever get an answer. Someone asks a question. and 10 people tell them what a moron they are. and 3 people awnswer the question. I love the tech section.
Old 05-22-2007   #46
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltalon View Post
This is why no questions ever get an answer. Someone asks a question. and 10 people tell them what a moron they are. and 3 people awnswer the question. I love the tech section.
Yeah all I did was ask a simple question, lol. I felt like it was a legitimate and simple question. People just looked at it the wrong way.
Old 05-22-2007   #47
scheides
flips McGee

Dude you never answered my question about the radiator...
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #48
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Dude you never answered my question about the radiator...
Take it to PM jackass!
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #49
x-pride

Drives: She is 22, black, slow and does not play fair.

This is like one of those threads. What is faster my stock eagle talon or my friends stock Eclipse. Yet I own a 600 cc bike and my buddy has a Geo Metro. Can I take him.

Please be more specific and people will answer your questions. Play nice and people will help you. Be an ass and this will turn into a SBR thread. Get the respect of the old timers and you will have advice for life. Just don't piss any of the old timers off. They know their stuff. They are here to help support us on advice. If it was not for them. Most of us would of blown up our cars by now.
x-pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #50
TalonFiero
moonshine power

Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion! Mine Sweeper Champion!
Drives: 08 Saab 9-7x Aero
Send a message via AIM to TalonFiero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
TalonFiero runs it in both his 2G Talon & his Evo.

Basically get a big fuel pump and some big injectors, fill'er up and tune it out!

His talon is running a single Walbro255 I think, w/ 1600cc injectors
His Evo has like 4 mods: MBC, TBE, 1000cc injectors, and 255 pump. That thing put down like 330whp on DB's dyno.

There's also lots of evo guys running it on some local forums.
^^What he said ^^

I run about a 60/40 mix of e85/92 in the talon at 27psi as I have 1600cc injectors and a TT supra fuel pump, I am afraid to run straight e85 on the Talon until I have it on the dyno as I expect to max my fuel system.

Evo has basic but important mods, haven't finished tuning on e85 as of yet. 328hp and 337tq from a car that would have put down a baseline of about 225hp/225tq on 92 stock.

I am awaiting some of Shane's sekret trikz to see what e85 can really do on my evo.

Oh I also average right around 20-21mpg or more on e85 in the evo, I used to get around 25mpg on 92.
TalonFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #51
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Drives: Spyder GSX
Send a message via MSN to 95talonracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Any idea what it's making for HP?
Looking at dynoing it at the end of the week if anyone has an opening for Friday or Saturday. It hit 305 on Regular 92 gas at 20-21 psi so I am assuming it is up a bit from there as it feels much better. Any guesses?

Amsoil Dealer
95talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #52
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Pao,

There are a few things to consider when using E-85.
Pro's:
-Higher octane (R+M/2) of 101.6 for E-85 (averaged) versus 92.
-Cooler burning fuel (due to the alcohol content), this helps cooling of the combustion charge
-Availability/substadized pricing
-The higher octane allows you to manupulate timing values and the boost threshold compared to knock/crazy intake air temperatures.

Con's:
-Lower heating value. That means you need to burn more of E-85 compared to unleaded gasoline to get the same amount of work (energy) out of it. This lower heating value also shows up in gas mileage (usually not directly compared to the differences).
This also shows up in the massivly required fuel system. It is typical to require 30-40% more fuel to make sure you have "enough".
-possible corrosion. I have heard of case studies and examples where people have run year after year without issues using OEM fueling systems, but there is a reason the OE avoids alumimum on E-85 vehicles.
-Different stoic AFR. Tuning in Lambda versus AFR usually solves headaches.

Pretty much in a nutshell in order to run E-85 you need the fuel management and fuel flow capacity for roughly 40% more than you normally would need (it is always a good idea to error to the "to much fuel" side versus not having enough). You need proper engine management, and you need to pay attention to summer vs. winter blends (or use a tuner that knows the difference).

Welcome to Mitsustyle, and I guess you didn't get your email...I won't get your wastegate in until later this week.
Old 05-22-2007   #53
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

About running dual pumps, I'm not. Single 255hp here. What kind of power do you want? You may not need dual pumps. My car is not really tuned, just some street pulls. Made 366 on about 23psi I think at the LSE dyno day. I also run 1600PTE injectors. Base fuel pressure right around 37.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #54
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-pride View Post
This is like one of those threads. What is faster my stock eagle talon or my friends stock Eclipse. Yet I own a 600 cc bike and my buddy has a Geo Metro. Can I take him.

Please be more specific and people will answer your questions. Play nice and people will help you. Be an ass and this will turn into a SBR thread. Get the respect of the old timers and you will have advice for life. Just don't piss any of the old timers off. They know their stuff. They are here to help support us on advice. If it was not for them. Most of us would of blown up our cars by now.
I feel like I don't have to be specific since the question is so simple. I just asked a simple question, maybe if it was a complex question I would be more specific. It's either yes I do run e85 and I love it, ect, ect. Or my friend who is on here runs it his name is (blank), ect, ect. That's it, how hard is it to answer that. I didn't try to piss anyone off, if they got pissed off that's not my problem because that wasn't my intention. They probably read it the wrong way. Everybody always gives the new guy a hard time for some reason. This thread got so far off topic and it was the simplest question. I'm just trying to start a conversation with guys who run e85 who lives in MN to get their thoughts/opinions on it.
Old 05-23-2007   #55
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

For those that are worried about possible corrosion with aluminum parts, think of what exactly is aluminum in a stock fuel system. The fuel rail and in the intake port, that's it. A used fuel rail is about $5 and the intake port is getting air and E85 atomized so it's not exactly sitting there corroding anything. Seems like a non-issue to me.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #56
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
For those that are worried about possible corrosion with aluminum parts, think of what exactly is aluminum in a stock fuel system. The fuel rail and in the intake port, that's it. A used fuel rail is about $5 and the intake port is getting air and E85 atomized so it's not exactly sitting there corroding anything. Seems like a non-issue to me.
Plus you can search and find plenty of people who have been running this for a long time and have taken the time to remove engine components and basically prove they have not yet seen any issues.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #57
CVD
Sten Sniper

Drives: Evo VIII RS
Send a message via AIM to CVD

I'll probably go the E85 route on the Colt since the thing could roll over and catch fire without me really giving a damn. Wondering if 550's will support a 13G on E85 though, or if I need 650's or so.
CVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #58
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Edited because im retarded.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #59
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Im pissed, i went to the site listed in the second thread and was reading a bit about this and there was a site that someone posted. http://www.e85fuel.com/index.php It is a site that has locations where you can buy E85, where i am we have only 2 stations, and each of them are over 45 minutes away. When will california ditch the EC gas and go with something that i can actually make power with.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #60
Kevin 1G Drummer

Drives: Silver '02 IS300, Blue '06 Suzuki SV1000

I've been considering changing over to e85. I haven't looked too far into it, but do you think 950cc injectors would be enough to support a gt30r? I'm guessing they'll be a little on the small side, but I just thought I'd ask.